24: LIVE ANOTHER DAY: The Official Thread

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
:patrice: I'm currently watching Season 7 and I wanna know how & when did Tony Almeida become a field operative?

I remember when I watched Season 1 a couple years, Tony was just a nerd-ass analyst at CTU simping over fine-ass Nina & hating on Jack. Now I'm in Season 7 and he's a go-to partner for Jack Da Gawd on field missions

:ohhh: Kim Raver was looking good. I've only watched the first 3 seasons of the original series, was Kim Raver's character Audrey a love interest of Jack in the original series?
At one point. To me though it'll always be Jack and Renee. At one point I believe the US government handed Jack over to the Chinese (This ain't the first beef the US had with Jack) and Audrey was trying to find him and get him back. If you saw Jack's fukked up body the Chinese did all that to him.

:ehh:I'm currently watching the 2nd half of Season 7, I can why you prefer Jack & Renee over Jack & Audrey.

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
WILL 24 RETURN FOR ANOTHER SEASON?

FOX CEO sees more adventures in Jack Bauer's future.

20 JUL 2014 BY MATT FOWLER

This morning at the Television Critics Association Press Tour, Chairman and CEO of Fox Networks Group, Peter Rice, was asked about the future of the 24 franchise. Now that 24: Live Another Day is over, will Jack Bauer return for more mayhem?

"I loved this year’s season of 24," Rice explained. "I thought it was fantastic. I’ve always been a fan, and it just twisted and turned, and I could never guess where it was going. We haven’t had a specific conversation about it coming back yet. I’m sure that we will in the future."

Now that 24 isn't operating on a seasonal basis and is billed as an "event series," Rice is almost certain it will be back, but the right story has to be found. "It’s a wonderful franchise," he added. "Kiefer [Sutherland] and Evan [Katz] and Howard [Gordon] and Manny [Coto] did a great job this year. So when you look at the show itself, it has many more stories to tell, but I think we have to sit down and talk to the creators about it."

1vuecover050414-5-web.jpg

Kiefer Sutherland as Jack Bauer in 24: Live Another Day.

Additional reporting by Eric Goldman from the TCA Press Tour.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/07/20/will-24-return-for-another-season

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
:heh: I'm currently watching the 2-parter Season 7 finale. They really brought back "The Kim Bauer Adventures" from the first 2 seasons.

dabestkeptsecret

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
jerz
After this last season, will def need that 10th season to wrap up the series :feedme:

need to see how jack deals with them commies :pacspit:

Almeda needs to show up the last season running around with no fukks given just like jack

It would be kinda cool if the last season just focused on jack, and not some terrorist activity, kinda like the first season

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
SDCC 2014: 24'S KIEFER SUTHERLAND ARRIVES AT COMIC-CON

Jack Bauer and EP reflect on Live Another Day and tease the rumored 24 movie.

24 JUL 2014 BY MAX NICHOLSON

24: Live Another Day is in the books, and to celebrate, the hit action show brought its own panel to San Diego Comic-Con on Thursday. The panel was small, with only series star Kiefer Sutherland and executive producer Jon Cassar in attendance, but Ballroom 20 was packed to the gills with fans, all ready and excited to see Jack Bauer. Here, the event was one-on-one interview-style, with Cassar moderating and Sutherland fielding questions about the recently ended ninth season.

To start, Cassar asked Sutherland about working in London and how that differed from their previous shoots in Los Angeles. "It was difficult," the actor replied. "They've got a lot of rules [in London]. The gun thing was a real issue." Typically, he said, there would be a truck full of all kinds of weapons that the prop master would have on-hand. But while shooting in the UK, the crew needed six weeks' notice to use any guns on set.

Sutherland also mentioned that shooting with an entirely new crew took some getting used to. "It was very odd," he said, "but London was a fantastic experience... There was a texture in the UK that was unique and special."

In regards to how Season 9 ended and where Jack ended up in all this, Sutherland explained, "I think the fact that he managed to save Chloe in that moment gave him some satisfaction... but we went through so many different ideas for that ending.

"I think on some level, we kind of copped out, because it's hard to let it go. It's hard to end it. We sort of came full-face to that, and it was difficult... and your response to the end of this season was very gracious."

Speaking of alternate endings, Sutherland revealed that in the script he wasn't going to throw Michelle Fairley's character Margot Al-Hazari out of a window -- which is now a favorite scene among fans. In fact, as it was written, Sutherland said, "[Jack] came in and just shot her."

Not satisfied with that outcome, Sutherland spoke to Cassar about changing the scene. "[I said] 'No, no, no. That's not possible. I at least have to have a scene with her.'" So the writers added a few more lines, as well as the defenestration in question. "She was actually quite strong, so by the time I chucked her out the window, I was quite happy. [Laughs]"

Following the dialogue between Sutherland and Cassar, the panel opened up for fan questions.

Given the wide range of talent featured on 24 over the years, Sutherland was asked if there was anyone he'd like to cast in another season, if one were to get the green light. "It would be hard to pick... There is a revolving door of actors, because we always kill them," he added with a laugh.

"We were having a discussion last night -- we were talking about our favorite actors." While the person Sutherland would want to work with doesn't really work anymore, he said, "I think Gene Hackman is one of the greatest actors ever to speak the English language." Naturally, this answer was met with applause.

Finally, Cassar was asked about the 24 movie -- which was rumored to have the late Tony Scott direct before Live Another Day eventually came to be -- and whether he would be interested in taking the reins for that down the line. "It's hard to talk about that, quite honestly," he said, noting that directing TV and directing movies are two very different things.

"We're still talking about the movie," he added optimistically, but as of right now, nothing is set in stone.

24: Live Another Day arrives on Blu-ray

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/07/24/sdcc-2014-24s-kiefer-sutherland-arrives-at-comic-con

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
:stopitslime: I just started season 8, I'm in the middle of episode 4. It's pretty obvious to me that the writers have retconned Renee Walker from Season 7 to Season 8. Because I refuse to believe the Renee in Season 7 (who had issues with the way Jack interrogated folks for information & handled his business in the field) went undercover with these Russian gangs in the past. They even changed up her look & demeanor in this season to make look tougher & about that life.

Last edited: