22 Maps That Show How Americans Speak English Totally Differently From Each Other

dennis roadman

nuclear war in my bag
Daps
Reppin
solsbury hill
just to be clear, everyone pronounces the "t" in the middle of vowels as a "d", right?

like tomato = tuh may doe
united = yoo nye did
robotic = roe bah dic

and what about the words "comfortable" and "mountain"? i say cuhmf-truh-bull and moun'tin. im normal right? :ld:

Human Torch

Byrd Gang 🦅
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philly born. PG raised
Its a HOAGIE :pacspit: fukk is a hero? I've learned to live wit sub but I dont say it

I say jimmies some times and other times I say sprinkles

Pop sound so childish. We used to die laughin at my cousin from KC when he would come to the east coast for the summer talkin bout "Let me get a pop"

PG county definitely has drive thru liquor store. Clutchest thing ever invented.

And Bmore folks do be sayin tennis. I dont get how that even make sense. What you say if you copped a couple pair? Tennises? :pachaha:

Either way they called Sneakers

ThaBronxBully

Postin’ & Toastin’ Since 02’
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC
I Say Sub, Soda, Coleslaw, And Sneakers

Calling Sneakers Tennis Shoes And Soda Pop Always Annoys The shyt Outta Me

Tennis Shoes Are For Tennis, You Muthafukkas Wear "Tennis Shoes" To RUN? You Use "Tennis Shoes" To Play BASKETBALL? Really??

Soda Is A Product, WTF Is "Pop"

Pop Is Some 1950's Richie Cunninham Lingo

Every Time I Hear Pop I Imagine A White Boy From The 50's With Some Slick Backed Hair And A Varsity Sweater Talking About "Gee Golly Mary Wanna Go To The Sock Hop With Me? We Can Split A Pop It'll Be The Bees Knees!"

Atsym Sknyfs

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
philadelphia-is-just-making-it-up-as-it-goes-along.jpg

Thats my Philly:blessed:

Kinda like when Cliff Huxstable was calling it a Hoagie but they lived in Bk... Thats becasue Bill is from philly

TheIsleofMan

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
hahaha I only thought old ladies said Tennis shoes. My grandmother says tennis shoes, what kinda grown man says tennis shoes? hahaha. I'm dying over here. And if you were actually born in NYC, you say hero not sub. That's some out of town stuff or atleast uptown we say hero. This is pretty cool tho, for me, it usually depends on education/reading skills.

TheIsleofMan

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
And when i think of Hoagie, i think of a supersized mega sandwhich. One you can't eat in one sitting haha.

Can yall Cali dudes confirm that you guys don't say Core instead of car haha? Everytime i do my fake Cali accent, I say core or hoard instead of hard haha.