22 Maps That Show How Americans Speak English Totally Differently From Each Other

Blackking

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Now I'll let yall know how it is in Canada (atleast southern Ontario, where we dont have any accent)

Pop - soda always sounded like wut an old ass person would say

Carra-Mel

I say I "bin" there, but I here proper people say "been." I dunno where that guy gets his info on wuts a Canadian way of saying it, cuz I never heard that way.

Bow-Wee Knife

Cray-awn

Loyer

Coleslaw

You guys

May-uh-naize

Pa-jam-as

Pee-can pie

Crayfish

Roundabout

Sih-rup

Sub

Water fountain

Sneakers

Highway

Just got drive-thru beer stores, don't have a nick name yet

Mary, merry, marry - all the same
and ur a lost soul, if you don't speak this way.

Mantle Drunk

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NY
I found it odd that sunshower is not in everyones normal vocab and that people call sneakers tennis shoes. I also found it funny that New York was on it's own probably more there anywhere else. At first I was wondering why New York wasn't labeled under Hero but if you look close it is in green, but the green just doesn't really pop.

I trying to in my head figure out how people can say Mary, Merry, Marry without difference between the 3. So do you say Mary and Marry as Merry or do you say Merry and Mary as Marry?

Thebadguy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Sometimes my mom says "The devil is beating his wife." I never heard anybody else say it.

Gang$tarr

sohh coli since 2001
Daps
as someone who doesnt have to say the word regularly, i'd probably eat the first vowel and call it tronto.

also :heh: you have a canadian accent too, just not the same one as in alberta or B.C.

i've seen a few in here saying they didnt think they had an accent. how is that possible? we're all speaking a language from a tiny island in the north atlantic (the adlannic), and we sound nothing like those who speak it. and on the island, there are hundreds of accents

Yeah now that I think about it we do too... We call it Tronno

I dunno about the accent thing, ur prolly rite but the accent around here is considered one of the most neutral, that's why alotta commercials in the US r voiced over by dudes from here. Like Jack Bauer/Kiefer Sutherland does the Bank of America commercials

I trying to in my head figure out how people can say Mary, Merry, Marry without difference between the 3. So do you say Mary and Marry as Merry or do you say Merry and Mary as Marry?

I'm tryin to say merry with the hard E rite now n it's hard as fukk lol and it sounds almost the same as marry anyway

So yeah.... Marry Christmas u filthy animal :laugh:

Rayzah

I'm Everywhere you ain't never there
Daps
:what: They invented drive through liquor stores?
yea we have them in md, shyt is crazy cuz you cant drink and drive, but yet there is a drive through liquor store.. :wtf:

Rayzah

I'm Everywhere you ain't never there
Daps
Why do people make such a big deal about the midwest calling it pop? I have a much bigger issue with Wisconsin calling a water fountain a bubbler or Missisippi calling rain when the sun is out the devil beating his wife. I call it pop or soda depending how I feel btw.
Ive heard that the devils beating his wife BS, :snoop:

Bakebean

Pro
Daps
philadelphia-is-just-making-it-up-as-it-goes-along.jpg

Thats my Philly:blessed:

Reppin' that blue part of Jersey.

Sub/hero :beli: = it's a fukkin' HOAGIE

SPRINKLES=JIMMIES

WATER=WOODER

BOY=BULL

Taadow

The StarchBishop™️
Daps
Reppin
Crispness
Sometimes my mom says "The devil is beating his wife." I never heard anybody else say it.

I say it because my folks said it.

These maps explain why people always ask me where i'm from because I use a lot of different stuff from everywhere...the map doesn't say "cool drink" for down south, though.