21 People Shot Last Night at Detroit Block Party on 8 Mile & Reno St. (2 Killed, Suspect Shot & Video)

blockburna420

Consecutive thumbs up
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
48205 :francis: RIP to the victims. Won't even check the thread/I know cats are probably clowning the D. I was just out in Ecorse yesterday at a free jazz concert put on by Tim Bowman (:myman:). Police were present just in case/to prevent shyt like this to pop off. Catch 22.
:myman: You was at the fireworks

Malcolmxxx_23

Let's go panthers
Supporter
Daps
That's all these young Black boys do is shoot. Cowards really.

I guess we'll keep pretending violent music doesn't fuel these actions bcuz we don't want to condemn hiphop. :yeshrug:
London Toronto Sweden USA

This is a global issue now
Shooting on sight

Black men in a state of loss

Fred

EastsideRio

You Can’t Stop The Rain ☔️
Daps
Reppin
DETROIT (Do Every Thing Right Or It's Trouble)
My cousin use to be a police informant in Detroit, said it was the worst city he ever worked in..... cant imagine being outside at 2AM there :dahell:

:mindblown: :mjlol:

Yo, why he ain’t just join the police force?

Snitching from state to state is crazy

Last edited:

EastsideRio

You Can’t Stop The Rain ☔️
Daps
Reppin
DETROIT (Do Every Thing Right Or It's Trouble)
Thanks

Read an article written after the police held press conference after the complaints.

It quotes police, parade goers, and city councilman.

What the cops say happened sound like what I imagined. Businesses over capacity, people blocking the street. Rule enforcement to prevent problems in case a skirmish or worse broke out.
Nahh DPD been odee with the shutdowns this year, Blues in the Park, Family cookouts, etc they shutting everything down permits or not.

But with incidents like this I don’t condone it but I definitely see why.

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
Nahh DPD been odee with the shutdowns this year, Blues in the Park, Family cookouts, etc they shutting everything down permits or not.

But with incidents like this I don’t condone it but I definitely see why.

When they had a hearing over those complaints, the cop testifying
said @1:18

There was a thread earlier this year about Detroit having 50 year + LOW in homicides in 2023.
Lot of things contributed to that, including proactive police work to prevent/ minimize violent incidents. Especially at large gatherings of people.
Picture a gun going off at the CdM parade. That was a catastrophe waiting to happen with stampede. Inside those eateries and out in the streets.

99% of people attend events to relax and have fun, just takes that 1% element to ruin things for everybody. I'd take being inconvenienced over being in danger of random violence.