2024 NFL Offseason Thread

threattonature

Veteran
Daps
So you’re going to pay Justin Fields $50 million dollars a year…they just need a competent qb. They made it to the playoffs last year with sorry ass Pickett
Yeah at his previous salary I'd want nothing to do with Russ. But with his salary already paid and him signing on the cheap that'd be my type option. If you can get Russ for less than 10 a year that leaves so much money for other positions. Having a veteran QB on a basic rookie contract basically could be a game changer. shyt just look at the Bucs with Baker last year.

kevin arnold

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yeah at his previous salary I'd want nothing to do with Russ. But with his salary already paid and him signing on the cheap that'd be my type option. If you can get Russ for less than 10 a year that leaves so much money for other positions. Having a veteran QB on a basic rookie contract basically could be a game changer. shyt just look at the Bucs with Baker last year.

Yep then they can possibly knock out the ravens or the bengals. Then the chiefs can smash them in the playoffs

kingofnyc

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Boogie Down BX
Not sure why you even responded. Son used FS1 early predictions as reasons the Texans wouldn't be good lol.

Houston should have a pretty easy road to a division title and by having such a young WR core, QB, and a stud edge rusher all on rookie contracts they can really solidify the rest of the team around them and be dangerous. They are the team they scares me the most as a Chiefs fan. Baltimore still has to figure out their WR room outside of Zay before I buy into them.

like I said, I was trolling with the FS1 nonsense

But at any rate, please explain to me why you think the Texans have a pretty easy road to the division title, when in reality that AFC south is looking better than AFC east & your west

threattonature

Veteran
Daps
like I said, I was trolling with the FS1 nonsense

But at any rate, please explain to me why you think the Texans have a pretty easy road to the division title, when in reality that AFC south is looking better than AFC east & your west
Jacksonville is fighting cap issues and going to lose a lot of depth, especially defensively.

With the Colts I need to see proof that Anthony Richardson can even stay healthy for a full season much less lead a winning team.

I don't have faith in Will Levis leading the Titans, especially with Henry gone now. Tajae was nice but can he handle being lead back for a full season. WR room is extremely weak. I see the offense being garbage.

I see Houston getting better. They are really young and stable at the key positions compared to the other teams in the division and have them on cheap salaries. They have the 4th most cap space coming into the offseason to sure up their weaknesses. The other teams all have too many question marks.

Braman

Superstar
Daps
the key for Bmore is for them to surround Lamar with the best talent they can and Saquon would be a perfect fit with that new OC

they have only 1 healthy RB on the occurrent roster…. Keaton had a horrific injury mid/late season and he probably won’t be available till mid season

Yes, agreed. And the way you do that is by not paying for a RB.

If Keaton’s injury is keeping him out you let the RB market dry out and then take the leftover plus draft a guy. Bc again the math is simple, there are not enough starting roles for all the marquee names. So someone like Deandre swift is gonna be siting there with no deal. I’d much rather Swift at 1 year 5 mill, plus draft Trey benson in round 3, than signing Sequon 2 years 24 mill.

When you look around the league it’s insane how hardly any team’s RB is on a non-rookie deal. Even Raheem Mostert only made 1.5m and gave them that type of return.

Killah Ray

Carolina hail to thee....
Daps
So he can bet on games and sale after being shut down every game by number one CBs? Y’all sure y'all want his clown ass as a number one option?
Looking at our roster and 50 year old Adam Thielen being our current number one…..hell yeah I’d rather have Ridley…

kingofnyc

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Boogie Down BX
Jacksonville is fighting cap issues and going to lose a lot of depth, especially defensively.

With the Colts I need to see proof that Anthony Richardson can even stay healthy for a full season much less lead a winning team.

I don't have faith in Will Levis leading the Titans, especially with Henry gone now. Tajae was nice but can he handle being lead back for a full season. WR room is extremely weak. I see the offense being garbage.

I see Houston getting better. They are really young and stable at the key positions compared to the other teams in the division and have them on cheap salaries. They have the 4th most cap space coming into the offseason to sure up their weaknesses. The other teams all have too many question marks.

before I respond, I want to say I rooted for the Texans hard solely because of the QB and coach if you know what I mean

with that said, I don’t understand how you can say Jacksonville has cap issues when they have $30 million to spend
the quarterback is slightly overrated by the mainstream media is still on his rookie deal, and if you compare the jags to the Texans roster, nobody will tell you the Texans are better

now, as far as the Colts, you’re right, I’m not sure on what Richardson can provide, but the fact that Minshew took them to a 9-8 record & almost to the playoffs - with the best player Taylor, being out the majority of the season tells me they are just on the same level with the Texans, or maybe even slightly better…. and the fact that they have $70 million which is even more than the Texans to spend on free agency

So again, I’m not sure how anybody can easily say. the Texans are clearly the favorites to easy road to win their division

kingofnyc

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Boogie Down BX
Yes, agreed. And the way you do that is by not paying for a RB.

If Keaton’s injury is keeping him out you let the RB market dry out and then take the leftover plus draft a guy. Bc again the math is simple, there are not enough starting roles for all the marquee names. So someone like Deandre swift is gonna be siting there with no deal. I’d much rather Swift at 1 year 5 mill, plus draft Trey benson in round 3, than signing Sequon 2 years 24 mill.

When you look around the league it’s insane how hardly any team’s RB is on a non-rookie deal. Even Raheem Mostert only made 1.5m and gave them that type of return.

I got a disagree. I think Saquon‘s value is more than your typical RB.
The fact that he can catch the ball out of the backfiel , or lineup in the slot or even outside makes him special & worth the money

but unfortunately, it looks like Bmore is going to go another direction because this morning they showed the top five teams odds of getting Saquon and the Ravens wasn’t on the list

#AAGang; formerly Selah
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Syracuse

Not surprising but :mjcry:

This is more surprising than Poyer. Didn't offer much as a DB but he's ST ace. Thought he might have ended up being our Matthew Slater

Last edited:

Based Lord Zedd

Colts or Die
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston TX
now, as far as the Colts, you’re right, I’m not sure on what Richardson can provide, but the fact that Minshew took them to a 9-8 record & almost to the playoffs - with the best player Taylor, being out the majority of the season tells me they are just on the same level with the Texans, or maybe even slightly better…. and the fact that they have $70 million which is even more than the Texans to spend on free agency

So again, I’m not sure how anybody can easily say. the Texans are clearly the favorites to easy road to win their division

This is true. Indy was on the same level as Houston last season. Went 1-1 against them and was a dropped pass away from winning the 2nd game + taking the division.

Richardson is a big question mark but Steichen won't ask as much of him. Indy will be playing a 3rd place schedule so they'll play Steelers/Broncos/Giants while Houston gets Kansas City/Ravens/Cowboys.

Last edited: