2024 NFL Offseason Thread

Knights89

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Hearing some Lions fans freak out but I like it. Moseley stayed in Detroit to rehab after his injury, and attended cornerback meetings. Did everything he could to help our secondary behind the scenes. Bringing him back allows us to raise the floor of the CB room. He'd be our CB4 or CB5, there would be no rush to activate him, and he'd be ready in late October or November. With all the injuries that happen in the NFL, having him ready to step in later in the season seems like a smart depth move.

Now we need to go out and get a CB1 and draft another CB for depth/development.

Hopefully they sign a quality de, cb and reciever and then draft all those postions as well

Supa

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Not sure why you even responded. Son used FS1 early predictions as reasons the Texans wouldn't be good lol.

Houston should have a pretty easy road to a division title and by having such a young WR core, QB, and a stud edge rusher all on rookie contracts they can really solidify the rest of the team around them and be dangerous. They are the team they scares me the most as a Chiefs fan. Baltimore still has to figure out their WR room outside of Zay before I buy into them.

Same here :sadcam:

Stroud's accuracy, poise and decision making have him as a legit threat. Demeco is going to have the defense ready to play and Will Anderson is a problem.

Ravens offense with Saquan doesn't worry me at all. They've always been able to run the ball but Spags has always been able to cook up something to contain RB's. Until Bmore has a lethal passing attack they're not advancing. They can draft a RB in the later rounds and get production on the cheap. They need WR help because Flowers isn't enough.

Braman

Superstar
Daps
I still don't understand that coaching hire by them tho... Potentially already off on the wrong foot after finally having a clean slate to work with

The coaching hire wasn’t ideal but that’s not what scares me. What’s scares me is the amount of chefs in the kitchen

Josh Harris
Magic Johnson
Adam Peters
Former GM Rick Spielman :why:
Bob Myers :mjtf:

Then the news that Harris was sitting in on prospect interviews

Oh and then Kiff Kingsbury may be a disaster waiting to happen. It’s wildly underreported that a generational can’t miss prospect regressed under him. From what I’m hearing his offense does none of the pro style play action concepts that CJ Stroud and other young QBs now do. He’s stuck in the shotgun air it out mentality which is not the wave

Daps
The coaching hire wasn’t ideal but that’s not what scares me. What’s scares me is the amount of chefs in the kitchen

Josh Harris
Magic Johnson
Adam Peters
Former GM Rick Spielman :why:
Bob Myers :mjtf:

Then the news that Harris was sitting in on prospect interviews

Oh and then Kiff Kingsbury may be a disaster waiting to happen. It’s wildly underreported that a generational can’t miss prospect regressed under him. From what I’m hearing his offense does none of the pro style play action concepts that CJ Stroud and other young QBs now do. He’s stuck in the shotgun air it out mentality which is not the wave
Good Post.... Yeah lottta question marks around that organization and ur right there might be wayyyy to many chefs in the kitchen.

Killah Ray

Carolina hail to thee....
Daps
Can they afford him? I assume they have players who can be cut for cap space but right now they've got about 12mil in space. Might make sense to just draft a WR in the 2nd round. Keon Coleman will fall right into their lap if they want him.
Outside of Mushin Muhammad, our track record with 2nd round receivers would terrify most grown men…

Braman

Superstar
Daps
There’s way too many RBs available for Bmore to rush out and spend on Sequon or Henry for that matter. Plus Keaton Mitchell is :picard:

It’s simple math the RB market (for guys that are markedly better than Gus Edwards) is Barkley, Henry, Pollard, Ekeler, Swift. That’s pretty rich so dudes are gonna be left holding the bag. At which point Bmore can offer a cheap deal.

But forget that, you can always get a guy in the draft late or even be aggressive and take one in the 3rd. Braelen Allen is 6’2 230…the kid Estime is huge was a projected top back but just bombed his 40 so he’ll drop. Ultimately if I’m Bmore I only need a ‘thunder’ to Keaton’s lightning thats a low investment. I’m taking a RB in round 4. 3 if they cover all their holes in free agency

It’s kinda like a WR with Mahomes. Whatever round you draft him, he’s gonna be a round better bc of the QB/system. A ravens 4th rounder is basically like getting a top 3 RB prospect.

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
There’s way too many RBs available for Bmore to rush out and spend on Sequon or Henry for that matter. Plus Keaton Mitchell is :picard:

It’s simple math the RB market (for guys that are markedly better than Gus Edwards) is Barkley, Henry, Pollard, Ekeler, Swift. That’s pretty rich so dudes are gonna be left holding the bag. At which point Bmore can offer a cheap deal.

But forget that, you can always get a guy in the draft late or even be aggressive and take one in the 3rd. Braelen Allen is 6’2 230…the kid Estime is huge was a projected top back but just bombed his 40 so he’ll drop. Ultimately if I’m Bmore I only need a ‘thunder’ to Keaton’s lightning thats a low investment. I’m taking a RB in round 4. 3 if they cover all their holes in free agency

It’s kinda like a WR with Mahomes. Whatever round you draft him, he’s gonna be a round better bc of the QB/system. A ravens 4th rounder is basically like getting a top 3 RB prospect.
yeah I agree there

teams need to spend more time covering weaker spots than to further boost their strengths. weak spots is where the teams attack you in the offs relentlessly

kingofnyc

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Boogie Down BX
Texans won 3 games the previous season :what:

They won 10 games, the division, and a playoff game with rookies in key positions. They're ascending and the main thing they lacked was a running game. Saquan will fix that and make them the favorite in that division. They'll have one of the most high powered offenses in the league and will get him involved like CMC running and catching. Should be less wear and tear on his body than in Bmore's offense.

You're really bring up FS1 predictions before free agency even begins? People had the Chiefs not making the playoffs last year :comeon:

Who's winning the division? Jags fell apart and Lawrence took a step back. Richardson is still an unknown for Indy. Titans aren't good.

:mjlol: u know I was only trolling with that FS1 shyt …
I couldn’t believe myself when I heard Nick Wright on his FTF show and then a couple of days later Colin Cowherd on his show do a pre-ranking before the combine neverless the damn actual draft & free agency

with that said … with all due respect - i think your a bit delusional on how you’re ranking your Texans
yes, we all know injuries happen to everybody in the league , including your team, with CJ being hurt for a few games
but you don’t think you got incredibly lucky on the fact that A. Richardson & J. Taylor for the Colts was out most of the season and then C. Kirk & T. Lawrence being hurt, and playing through it for the tail end of the season
- don’t get it twisted I did root for your team but the point I’m trying to make is it seems you are taking your division extremely lightly like it is the NFC south … in reality your division is looking like the second best in the AFC behind the north

all in all, with the same deal/money : I just don’t understand how anybody can honestly think Saquon to the Texans is better than him to the Ravens

Stop_It_5

Veteran
Daps

The Mahomes/WR comp makes sense in theory, but we also just saw it play out and it's a great example of why WR value has exceeded RB by a mile. Best QB in the world, great system/playcaller, all the opportunity you could ever want - and dudes like Toney & Moore still couldn't cut it.

Meanwhile any RB Baltimore plugs in gets an extra yard added to their YPC. Miles Sanders had a great year in Philly, then they bring in Swift and he has a great year, and now they'll draft someone and/or snatch an AJ Dillon and he'll have his best season. Zack Moss was ripping off 100 yard games with ease in that Steichen offense while JT was out.

I honestly think Saquon can have a variation of the CMC/49ers impact being dropped in a good offense, but that was also a unique case of a team in a SB window while simultaneously paying their QB nothing.

kingofnyc

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Boogie Down BX

the key for Bmore is for them to surround Lamar with the best talent they can and Saquon would be a perfect fit with that new OC

they have only 1 healthy RB on the occurrent roster…. Keaton had a horrific injury mid/late season and he probably won’t be available till mid season

Georgiamuscle

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Rise up!
Calvin Ridley would be a good young building block for Bryce…get him and some offensive line help would be an ideal free agency period…
So he can bet on games and sale after being shut down every game by number one CBs? Y’all sure y'all want his clown ass as a number one option?