2024 NFL Offseason Thread

threattonature

Veteran
Daps
Wow, thought there was a good chance he was gonna get bushed. Banking on him having a bounceback year at 35 huh? Umm...
I thought cutting him would be a huge cap hit so restructuring saves a lot of cap space compared to cutting.

#AAGang; formerly Selah
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Syracuse
Wow, thought there was a good chance he was gonna get bushed. Banking on him having a bounceback year at 35 huh? Umm...
He was starting to flash towards the end of the year. I believe it still would have been too big of a cap hit this year. Next year would be easier

kingofnyc

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Boogie Down BX
This is true. Indy was on the same level as Houston last season. Went 1-1 against them and was a dropped pass away from winning the 2nd game + taking the division.

Richardson is a big question mark but Steichen won't ask as much of him. Indy will be playing a 3rd place schedule so they'll play Steelers/Broncos/Giants while Houston gets Kansas City/Ravens/Cowboys.

I say that because they had to cut their starting CB and safety to even get to that much cap space. That leaves them with more holes to plug on a defense that was shaky for large parts of the year already.

actually, after thinking about it,
the Colts have a better roster than the Texans

DL - Indy
LB - Indy
DB - tie

OL - Indy
WR/TE - Hou
RB - Indy
QB - Hou

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps

I guess safety is the next position for the NFL to devalue via collusion. Despite the most dominant/important defense in the league being the Fangio one that relies heavily on safeties...