2024 NFL Offseason Thread

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
Calvin Ridley would be a good young building block for Bryce…get him and some offensive line help would be an ideal free agency period…

Can they afford him? I assume they have players who can be cut for cap space but right now they've got about 12mil in space. Might make sense to just draft a WR in the 2nd round. Keon Coleman will fall right into their lap if they want him.

Apprentice

RIP Doughboy Roc
Daps
Reppin
DMV
Can they afford him? I assume they have players who can be cut for cap space but right now they've got about 12mil in space. Might make sense to just draft a WR in the 2nd round. Keon Coleman will fall right into their lap if they want him.
He probably won’t make it to the second round but the good news is the draft mad deep at WR

kingofnyc

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Boogie Down BX
Singletary isn't good enough. They had an elite passing attack but were 31st in rush yards. They need to make a splash and that's Saquan.

Given Saquan's injury history playing for a team that passes heavily can extend his career. With their weapons it'll open things up for him. Not to mention their 3 star players are coming off their rookie season so they have the money to pay him what he's worth. Texans have $70 million in cap space to Bmore 's $12 million. Ravens can't offer him a better deal. He needs to get paid and this is his last chance.

Texans can sign him and still have plenty of cap space to improve the defense. They don't have to spend draft picks on skill positions because they're loaded. Their draft is defense and O-line.

Flowers, Agholor, and Bateman aren't enough. They need to add a veteran WR as well as drafting one in the later rounds. Henry can bolster the run game at a much cheaper price than Saquan who they can't pay unless they clear up space.

The market value for Saquon is about roughly 10 million per year, which the Ravens could easily offer

so unless you’re telling me the Texans are going to offer Saquon - that CMC money , somewhere in the 16 million per year range … i don’t see any difference

at the end of the day, if the money between the 2 teams is similar …. it’s pretty much a no-brainer on what’s the better scenario for him to go too

Supa

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The market value for Saquon is about roughly 10 million per year, which the Ravens could easily offer

so unless you’re telling me the Texans are going to offer Saquon - that CMC money , somewhere in the 16 million per year range … i don’t see any difference

at the end of the day, if the money between the 2 teams is similar …. it’s pretty much a no-brainer on what’s the better scenario for him to go to

The better scenario is clearly Houston.

He can face the Colts, Jags, and Titans or the Browns, Bengals, and Steelers.

They can lock down an easier division so there's an easier road to the playoffs.

They can pay him more but you're acting like it's not a big deal if it's not CMC money. With the RB market drying up an extra 2-3 million is big. He's not getting another big contract after this so playing at any discount shouldn't be on the table. Bmore has 10 and Houston has 12 it's a no brainer.

kingofnyc

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Boogie Down BX
The better scenario is clearly Houston.

He can face the Colts, Jags, and Titans or the Browns, Bengals, and Steelers.

They can lock down an easier division so there's an easier road to the playoffs.

They can pay him more but you're acting like it's not a big deal if it's not CMC money. With the RB market drying up an extra 2-3 million is big. He's not getting another big contract after this so playing at any discount shouldn't be on the table. Bmore has 10 and Houston has 12 it's a no brainer.

:mindblown:

breh …. are you out of your mind?
did you watch the same league that I watched last season …. because the Texans barely and I say Barely with a capital B made the playoffs

week 17 they had to win their game and have like 3 other teams lose , just to get into the playoffs.

and as far as the division goes two separate sports personalities on different shows on the net worth FS1 did their early predictions for next season and both had the Texans not making the playoffs

with all that said, I have no idea what the Ravens GM and organization would do to sign him, but if it was up to me, I would match whoever had the best deal cause I think Saquon is the best running back in the NFL …. and him being a real smart dude ; he would know the best way for him to win a chip. Would be to team up with Lamar because there’s no other player more dynamic than 8

mozichrome

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:patrice: what kind of contract has D'andre Swift earned this year
been reading around and while he had solid year: 1k rush yrds, 5tds. eagles fans saying he was under utilized
also his td numbers would look better if the eagles wasnt so focused on Jalen and that push play

Last edited:

Supa

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:mindblown:

breh …. are you out of your mind?
did you watch the same league that I watched last season …. because the Texans barely and I say Barely with a capital B made the playoffs

week 17 they had to win their game and have like 3 other teams lose , just to get into the playoffs.

and as far as the division goes two separate sports personalities on different shows on the net worth FS1 did their early predictions for next season and both had the Texans not making the playoffs

with all that said, I have no idea what the Ravens GM and organization would do to sign him, but if it was up to me, I would match whoever had the best deal cause I think Saquon is the best running back in the NFL …. and him being a real smart dude ; he would know the best way for him to win a chip. Would be to team up with Lamar because there’s no other player more dynamic than 8

Texans won 3 games the previous season :what:

They won 10 games, the division, and a playoff game with rookies in key positions. They're ascending and the main thing they lacked was a running game. Saquan will fix that and make them the favorite in that division. They'll have one of the most high powered offenses in the league and will get him involved like CMC running and catching. Should be less wear and tear on his body than in Bmore's offense.

You're really bring up FS1 predictions before free agency even begins? People had the Chiefs not making the playoffs last year :comeon:

Who's winning the division? Jags fell apart and Lawrence took a step back. Richardson is still an unknown for Indy. Titans aren't good.

Last edited:

threattonature

Veteran
Daps
Texans won 3 games the previous season :what:

They won 10 games, the division, and a playoff game with rookies in key positions. They're ascending and the main thing they lacked was a running game. Saquan will fix that and make them the favorite in that division. They'll have one of the most high powered offenses in the league and will get him involved like CMC running and catching. Should be less wear and tear on his body than in Bmore's offense.

You're really bring up FS1 predictions before free agency even begins? People had the Chiefs not making the playoffs last year :comeon:

Who's winning the division? Jags fell apart and Lawrence took a step back. Richardson is still an unknown for Indy. Titans aren't good.
Not sure why you even responded. Son used FS1 early predictions as reasons the Texans wouldn't be good lol.

Houston should have a pretty easy road to a division title and by having such a young WR core, QB, and a stud edge rusher all on rookie contracts they can really solidify the rest of the team around them and be dangerous. They are the team they scares me the most as a Chiefs fan. Baltimore still has to figure out their WR room outside of Zay before I buy into them.

jay211

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Are the Falcons really gonna sign Cousins??? If so, the Steelers better get on the phone and trade for Justin Fields.