2024 NFL Offseason Thread

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
Haven't been so upset over a trade in a long fukking time.

Don't know what the Chargers are doing.

Congrats Bears, you guys got a baller.

if you were going to do this and turn into a run team, you might as well have gone after Jacobs, Saquon, etc. not Gus fukking Edwards. Straight up ass move. Herbert ain't that young anymore and don't got time for this shyt.

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
Haven't been so upset over a trade in a long fukking time.

Don't know what the Chargers are doing.

Congrats Bears, you guys got a baller.

if you were going to do this, you might as well have gone after Jacobs, Saquon, etc. not Gus fukking Edwards.
It's a rebuild sans the qb I think

it was always weird to me that Harbaugh agreed to come in to take this job with so many cap issues and a lot of older expensive players.

Then he brought in Roman. Harbaugh is going to try to win games the same way he always has - running the ball and playing defense

mozichrome

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Brown’s 23.8% contested catch rate in 2023 was also the worst of his career, although he’s gone back and forth in that area; in 2022, he caught 11 of 17 contested targets (64.7%), and he was also at 9-for-18 (50%) in 2021. For his career, he’s at 41.6% on contested catches, suggesting that 2023 might have been an outlier.

Brown had a 5.6% drop rate in 2023, somewhat better than the 6.1% receiver average. It was the second consecutive year Brown hit below that threshold. His career 6.2% drop rate is just about average, and other than an outlier 9.2% rate in 2020, Brown is generally about average when it comes to his hands. Still, because he tends to catch with his body, there will always be some concern about drops.

Brown posted just 3.3 YAC per reception in 2023, ranking 52nd out of 70 qualifiers.

Brown did not take deep targets quite as much as his reputation would suggest. His 22.3% deep target rate ranked 30th out of 66 qualified receivers (min. 12 deep targets). Still, among those players, his 28.6% catch rate (6-for-21) ranked 49th, his 29.2 yards per reception ranked 57th, and his 8.33 yards per route run ranked 53rd.

From the numbers, it’s hard to know how much to attribute this to quarterback play. Joshua Dobbs and Kyler Murray combined to go 19-for-56 (33.9%) for 579 yards, 3 touchdowns, and 2 interceptions on passes of 20+ yards downfield. Among 35 qualified passers, that completion percentage would have ranked 25th, while the 10.3 yards per attempt would have ranked 28th. Brown was dealing with a less-than-ideal passing tandem on his deep balls, perhaps causing some of his lackluster deep production.

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
It's a rebuild sans the qb I think

it was always weird to me that Harbaugh agreed to come in to take this job with so many cap issues and a lot of older expensive players.

Then he brought in Roman. Harbaugh is going to try to win games the same way he always has - running the ball and playing defense
Winning defense though with Bosa? Dude is a liability.

Keeping Keenan as WR2 and getting Nabers for WR1 in 1-2 years would've far been more valuable imo.

Supa

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I was wondering why I saw y'all joking about the Chiefs having the best WR's in the West. They really traded Keenan:picard:

Chargers GM to Harbaugh:
dave-chappelle-broke.gif

Chargers were signing big names every off-season and all it resulted in was being -25M in cap hell and zero playoff wins. They had to dump Ekeler, Keenan, and Williams. That's most of their production. Never seen a fire sale like this.

Hollywood for 1 year means he gotta put up numbers to get his next bag. That contract year stimulus:banderas:

Still need Veach to add one more veteran in case the rookie takes time to develop. No, it won't be Keon :stopitslime:

Keenan to the Bears makes me think they're keeping Fields.

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
Winning defense though with Bosa? Dude is a liability.

Keeping Keenan as WR2 and getting Nabers for WR1 in 1-2 years would've far been more valuable imo.
IDK, did he get restructured ? if not yall still may get rid of him. but wouldnt be surprised he stays because Harbaugh likes high ceiling pass rushers

mozichrome

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
chargers saying good bye to this type production
DJ Moore and Keenan should be nice duo for caleb
c7iIaSm.gif

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
IDK, did he get restructured ? if not yall still may get rid of him. but wouldnt be surprised he stays because Harbaugh likes high ceiling pass rushers
Yeah dude restructured earlier, unfortunately.

I think Bosa's ceiling is basically lowered because of the injuries. Dude don't got the same explosion anymore.

Last edited: