2024 NFL Offseason Thread

Braman

Superstar
Daps
You watch any Cardinals games he played in over the last season of so? Ertz is looking pretty washed, breh. Not even really depth with upside.

Well to clarify, Ekeler is the only washed signing we’re actually banking on. We aren’t stupid we know we aren’t signing Zach Ertz. Hence only a 1 year deal for 5 mill

It’s a light year for TE’s both in free agency and in the draft so we’re basically punting on TE. If there’s one position you can punt on and it not kill you its TE

I’d rather do this than overpay for JAG TE’s which seems to happen every year: Fant 2/21, Parkinson 3/22

If we’re lucky we’ll get Jatavian Sanders in round 3. Round 2 is too rich of an investment

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Well to clarify, Ekeler is the only washed signing we’re actually banking on. We aren’t stupid we know we aren’t signing Zach Ertz. Hence only a 1 year deal for 5 mill

It’s a light year for TE’s both in free agency and in the draft so we’re basically punting on TE. If there’s one position you can punt on and it not kill you its TE

I’d rather do this than overpay for JAG TE’s which seems to happen every year: Fant 2/21, Parkinson 3/22

If we’re lucky we’ll get Jatavian Sanders in round 3. Round 2 is too rich of an investment

Fair enough on the bolded. There's always some TE that gets a deal that doesn't make sense based almost entirely off of one highlight reel catch. :mjlol:

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Last edited:

Braman

Superstar
Daps
Fair enough on the bolded. There's always some TE that gets a deal that doesn't make sense based almost entirely off of one highlight reel catch. :mjlol:

Man…and their contracts are the only ones out of every position I don’t understand. Like I get not paying RBs more than 10 mill a year…..:but you’ll do it for a random TE? Noah Fant and Derek Henry getting paid the same

threattonature

Veteran
Daps
Man…and their contracts are the only ones out of every position I don’t understand. Like I get not paying RBs more than 10 mill a year…..:but you’ll do it for a random TE? Noah Fant and Derek Henry getting paid the same
I get it for the elites. If you have a Kelce who produces near the top WRs level or a Kittle who when healthy is a bytch to gameplan for since he can kill you receiving and is a major boost to the run game. But for the rest there is just way too many of them of similar skill level to be breaking the bank like some teams have.

Braman

Superstar
Daps
Falcons should go all out and draft Brock Bowers, or one them elite Wrs. You only have Kirk for probably a couple years

Bowers wouldn’t be smart, you have Pitts.

Nabors/Odunze sure but I doubt they will be there at #8

Then based on the WR rankings, if someone like AD Mitchell, Legette, or Mcconkey is still there in round 2 I’d got for it. Otherwise the class is so deep there may not be much difference between a WR at 2.8 vs 3.8 so you can wait

Based Lord Zedd

Colts or Die
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston TX
Yeah, the Flacco signing makes little to no sense, outside of them assuming he might teach Richardson a few things, but honestly, it's probably for the best that he doesn't.

Flacco plays nothing like Richardson, and isn't even guaranteed to stay healthy if called into action, since he's pretty old. I refuse to believe there weren't better veteran backup options out there.

Flacco made sense for the Browns last year because their QB went down, they were desperate and they had a top defense. But even they dumped him, and signed Winston.

Ballard did this on purpose, he's not desperate...this was his actual plan :wtf:

Winston isn't the same as Richardson, but I would've happily taken him over Flacco.

And I don't really buy into the vet teaching young player thing. We signed Steichen to be a QB whisperer, not seeing why we need Flacco whispering in his other ear.

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
Flacco made sense for the Browns last year because their QB went down, they were desperate and they had a top defense. But even they dumped him, and signed Winston.

Ballard did this on purpose, he's not desperate...this was his actual plan :wtf:

Winston isn't the same as Richardson, but I would've happily taken him over Flacco.

And I don't really buy into the vet teaching young player thing. We signed Steichen to be a QB whisperer, not seeing why we need Flacco whispering in his other ear.
Not to mention the whole whispering thing is over exaggerated, especially with old dudes who think they can still play.

Trust Me

Coli Prophet
Daps
Reppin
Orlando
432549437_818234397014724_6307855056739373287_n.jpg

Came across that on Facebook :dead:

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL

shyt is absolutely crazy. And the messed up part is that they'll get signed to these huge overpays, and somehow have the majority of it guaranteed. Quiet as kept, when a team gets stuck in Cap Hell, it's not just the fault of the star player who cashed out. The TE that got signed for blocking, but primarily only does so in multi TE sets, only for the team to come out in single TE formations when they actually have a TE on the field is just as responsible.

Especially since what he's whispering is most likely along the lines of "Everybody knows it's the receiver's fault if the throw is more than 15 yards downfield. Throw that shyt. :smugdraper: "