tru_m.a.c

IC veteran
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Gaithersburg, MD via Queens/LI
@FAH1223 niccas tried to cut his water off

I love tweets like these. Jones has taken a pay cut 2 years in a row.

:heh: and the Packers media tried to play him up as the "right kind of packer" during the Rodgers fiasco...he ain't take the bait, thankfully, but the org still played him at the end of the day

Windows 91

Unreleased Operating System
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
C:\
Fields isn't a free agent.

Bears will trade him. The locker room fukks with Fields, it's a toxic situation having both him and Caleb there together, especially if Caleb gets off to a slow start.

Oh wow I'm tweaking, thought his contract had expired and he was a UFA. :snoop:

Ok that makes more sense, Bears probably asking for too much in any potential trade so of course there are no takers.

RubioTheCruel

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
Oh wow I'm tweaking, thought his contract had expired and he was a UFA. :snoop:

Ok that makes more sense, Bears probably asking for too much in any potential trade so of course there are no takers.
Problem also is he's LTE eligible in May, no one is gonna trade a top 50-75 pick for the guy, then turn around and either give him $22M for next year(that's the 5th year number) or let him walk

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
Yeah Aaron Jones situation is real unfortunate. That said, as a RB you need to get your money. RB's who are in their prime shouldn't be taking pay cuts. I don't know where people get the idea "loyalty" or "reward" contracts are given to older players unless you're a super QB who can still carry and win rings at 32-35. If you're not QB or OL you're going to find a hard time getting more money when you're older.

At the end of the day, an NFL franchise saw a player with low amount of carries who's 4-5 years younger, 15 lbs. heavier and is a much better overall player who additionally is a decent person as well to pair with their young high-potential QB. Packers are basically set at QB, RB with one of the league's best TE and WR cores. They go OL this draft (remember they have an extra 2nd rounder from the Jets) and they basically got no offensive weakness for at least the next 4-5 years.
Speaking of Harbaugh, there's not a Free Agent I've wanted more on the Chargers recently than Josh Jacobs.
Dude has far less wear and tear and is younger than Saquon and Derrick Henry. Style of running is completely ideal for the team.

Yeah these are highlights, but with better blocking and creative play calling dude would be incredible.

There's a reason why a lot of Chargers fans wanted to sign this guy and now why we're happy he's out the division (and AFC).

Last edited:

Rasille

All Star
Daps
Reppin
New Jersey
The Bears more than likely keep Fields had they not have the number 1 pick and they wouldn’t have even entertained the JJ McCarthy’s of the world. When you can reset the rookie QB clock you do it. Fields while having some good moments hasn’t been consistent. Fields will have to be a backup. I think the Seahawks could be a good spot for him, play behind Geno Smith for a year or two. Watch how Smith prepares and studies and trains, pick his brain and hope that when it’s his time he’ll be ready to go.

Trust Me

Coli Prophet
Daps
Reppin
Orlando
The Bears more than likely keep Fields had they not have the number 1 pick and they wouldn’t have even entertained the JJ McCarthy’s of the world. When you can reset the rookie QB clock you do it. Fields while having some good moments hasn’t been consistent. Fields will have to be a backup. I think the Seahawks could be a good spot for him, play behind Geno Smith for a year or two. Watch how Smith prepares and studies and trains, pick his brain and hope that when it’s his time he’ll be ready to go.
JJ McCarthy's career will shyt all over Justin Fields' career.

threattonature

Veteran
Daps
That and upside. We saw last year they were willing to keep Fields and trade the number 1. It's just the upside of Caleb Williams is too much to pass on. Best case scenario Fields isn't projecting out as a top 10 QB while Caleb has best QB in the league potential. Nobody had Stroud or Young graded that high.

STAN JONES

Fire John Harbaugh
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
I think the Seahawks will target Penix

they just hired his OC from college to be their new OC