2024 NFL Offseason Thread

Windows 91

Unreleased Operating System
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
C:\
Darnold signed but Fields isn't :wtf:. Minshew with a multi-year deal, is Fields THAT bad?

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Darnold signed but Fields isn't :wtf:. Minshew with a multi-year deal, is Fields THAT bad?
Idk why people thought the Raiders was an option. Why would the OC that lost his job because of Fields falling short of expectations voluntary put his job on the line again for that :mjlol:

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
Idk why people thought the Raiders was an option. Why would the OC that lost his job because of Fields falling short of expectations voluntary put his job on the line again for that :mjlol:

I agree but weren't there rumors yesterday that the Raiders asked about Fields?

I'm not sure where he goes now. Maybe somewhere like the Saints as a backup?

Rasille

All Star
Daps
Reppin
New Jersey
Tyrod Taylor to the Jets is the type of smart backup QB decision they outright refused to make last year when there was still time to salvage the season. They could have gone out and gotten Josh Dobbs or some other guys, all of whom would have been superior to sticking with Zach Wilson. Maybe things would still fall apart due to the bad o-line play but it was worth a shot to try. That defense was too good to just waste doing nothing with a bum ass QB everyone knew wasn't it.
Carson Wentz called them begging for a job and they gave him their ass to kiss, because apparently they were set with Zach Wilson and Tim Boyle.

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles

But be being serious, Fields isn't as bad as people are making him seem. That said isn't as good as others say as well. Better than plenty of these other QB's that got signed yesterday that's for sure, but there are a lot of red flags. I'm just going to talk about why a team would be hesitant.

Dude can play high risk and reckless but also doesn't see easy throws and hesitates. It's like a case of somebody looking like they have "it" but doesn't have "it". I think he's an exciting to watch, but overall mid QB. Like a real throwback athletic QB.

Fields not having a good reputation when games are close makes it tough to warrant him as a legit QB. Clutch factor wins games, especially in the play-offs where every game is clutch and comes down to coaches setting up game winning drives. I think Fields has 1 win in three seasons when games are close.

Plus I mean 1 300 yard passing game in 3 seasons is crazy in the modern NFL. Plus has taken a lot of hits both inside and outside the pocket already. The damage is starting to pile up.

Bryce Young already has one in comparison and he probably had one of the absolute worst supporting casts I've ever seen. Yet despite all that, still engineered two game winning drives.

Again, not as bad as people may yell because dude has made some crazy plays. However, again, many drawbacks to the way he processes the game like this (ignore the music, can't ind the clip without it):

Additionally, everyone knows basically they're taking Caleb Williams (who I think has "it" for real) so if the Bears are talking crazy during negotiations that could also be a factor. I think that's a big part of it actually, with some of the signings yesterday, Darnold and Minshew those guys are getting paid peanuts compared to what Fields will most likely ask for. However, with Fields you know you may have to pay him big, but the questions are will he last that long and can he actually be a play-off-level QB? So if the Bears are out there talking 1st, 2nd rounder other GM's are most likely hanging up the phone.

Last edited:

MVike28

right around the ACC
Daps
Reppin
T.O.
Unless they end up getting a QB in the draft, I'm checking out on the Vikings for a little bit. Ain't no way I'm signing up to be invested in a team lead by fukking Sam Darnold.
Don’t fall for the overreacting posters

10m is practically bargain basement for a QB in this market

We’re drafting a QB this year. Kwesi got a plan.

klientel

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Fields is tough to trade for. You almost HAVE to bring him in as a backup, because its tough to trust him as a starter. But on top of that hes in his 5th year, so you need to extend him as well.

So what do you actually do with him. How many teams can afford to trade for fields, extend him, have a system in place to develop him and have him sit behind someone to learn. There is almost no market for him.

The bears should have traded him last year and they could have potentially gotten a first for him.