2024 NFL Offseason Thread

threattonature

Veteran
Daps

I'm confused on why the Pats would do this now. I'd have preferred to wait it out and see if any teams were desperate for a QB after the draft and free agency plays out if that's all they could get back for him now. Not like they were desperate for cap space at the moment.

Supa

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The same Lance who could t beat out Sam for the backup job?

They were trading him once Purdy was healthy. Made no sense to have him be QB2. He was never in the long term plans and that's why Darnold was brought in.

Lance never got a shot. He started in a monsoon vs Chicago and Shanny ran him like he was Derrick Henry and he got hurt. He still has potential and a late round pick isn't much risk. Cowboys aren't starting him with Dak's contract so he's available.

Move him to Minny and I bet KOC will know how to use him. Plus with those weapons he'll probably reach his potential quicker.

We know Zach Wilson sucks. We know Darnold isn't a starter. Trey is the only one with upside.

Last edited:

BucciMane

Kristina Schulman Bro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Real Titletown

Interesting move. I guess the Jaguars get some sort of insurance for Lawrence. No idea what the Patriots are going to do. Likely going to draft a QB, but it wouldn't shock me to see a Wilson, Cousins, or Fields go to New England via signing or trade with the defense the Patriots have now.

Supa

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm confused on why the Pats would do this now. I'd have preferred to wait it out and see if any teams were desperate for a QB after the draft and free agency plays out if that's all they could get back for him now. Not like they were desperate for cap space at the moment.

And if you wait and all teams have their QB then what?

They want him gone so just get it done now so they know what they have/need. Mac Jones isn't a viewed as a starter so a 6th is about all he's worth.

Controversy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Philly
But I thought RBs are irrelevant and you might as well throw a random 6th round one in the lineup to get the same production...

Good move for Philly if true. Impact wise I'm not sure it's comparable to CMC given that Philly's o-line is going to have some big changes. But a good move regardless. Seems like Philly has other issues too. Cultural? I don't know but it just seems like a lot of guys on that team got mentally rattled or folded down the stretch. Jalen Carter and Jordan Davis come to mind immediately.

Our OL will still be elite...we're only losing Kelce (big loss nonetheless), but he had a hand in us drafting his replacement.

Saquon behind the Eagles OL is 1200-1300 yds

threattonature

Veteran
Daps
And if you wait and all teams have their QB then what?

They want him gone so just get it done now so they know what they have/need. Mac Jones isn't a viewed as a starter so a 6th is about all he's worth.
What's the chances that every team is happy with the QB they end up with? It just don't work out like that. And even so there will always be a team in need of a QB. They won't invest anything in Jones now cause there are much better options. But once them options start dwindling then they might be willing to offer something better than a 6th. Even as a stop gap for a team that takes a project QB and wants to have healthy competition until that project is more ready.

Supa

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
What's the chances that every team is happy with the QB they end up with? It just don't work out like that. And even so there will always be a team in need of a QB. They won't invest anything in Jones now cause there are much better options. But once them options start dwindling then they might be willing to offer something better than a 6th. Even as a stop gap for a team that takes a project QB and wants to have healthy competition until that project is more ready.

His last two seasons were a disaster. Some players you just need to get rid of and you don't care about the return. It's a new regime so get the slate clean at QB.

They have the most cap space so are they bringing in a guy like Jacoby, trading for Fields, drafting a QB, or trading down? Not having Mac on the roster makes all that easier. They also want to put this thing together and turn it around quickly. Get a pick now and not for next year's draft.

On another note...

This kids sold an ultra rare Mac Jones rookie card for 100k:pachaha:

Whoever bought it got fleeced:francis:

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Sometimes when you’re annoyed by somebody u just wanna move forward

b. woods

Peace
Daps
This kids sold an ultra rare Mac Jones rookie card for 100k:pachaha:

Whoever bought it got fleeced:francis:

:mjgrin: @BucciMane
UffPB08.png

:jordanfacepalm: