2024 NFL Offseason Thread

premier58

All Star
Daps
People were saying the same thing about McCaffery a couple years ago

yall forget he had about 1000 yards combined his final 2 1/2 years in Carolina

Its was the same injury prone,overrated,overhyped talk you hear about Barkley

put Barkley on a team like the Texans,Chargers,Ravens,Bengals,Eagles,or Cowboys and the narrative will be completely different a year from now
Special RBs can dominate, any and everywhere. I dont recall CMC being called overrated. Injury prone, yes. But not overrated. If he was being called overhyped, it was probably due to him being white. When he was healthy, he always shined. The following RBs stood out even with scarce tslent around them
Gale Sayers
Walter Payton when young
Eric dikkerson with the Colts, especially
Barry Sanders
Corey Dillon
Fred Taylor after the Jags fell off
Steven Jackson
LaDainian Tomlinson when young
Frank Gore
Jamaal Charles
Adrian Peterson
Chris Johnson(rushed for 2K, for a team that was 0-7 and got beat 59-0.
Todd Gurley was killing pre McVay on a shyt Rams squad.
MJD after the Jags fell off, was still beasting

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
Crazy to think that some mid to late first round teams (meaning good teams) are going to be able to get some crazy OT talent.

threattonature

Veteran
Daps
Special RBs can dominate, any and everywhere. I dont recall CMC being called overrated. Injury prone, yes. But not overrated. If he was being called overhyped, it was probably due to him being white. When he was healthy, he always shined. The following RBs stood out even with scarce tslent around them
Gale Sayers
Walter Payton when young
Barry Sanders
Corey Dillon
Steven Jackson
Frank Gore
Jamaal Charles
Adrian Peterson
A lot of those players you mentioned may have lacked talented skill position players around them but had good offensive lines. Giants had a bad offense line + no skill position players around Saquan.

STAN JONES

Fire John Harbaugh
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
Gale Sayers
Walter Payton when young
Barry Sanders
Corey Dillon
Steven Jackson
Frank Gore
Jamaal Charles
Adrian Peterson
C-Mac was definitely called overrated and never dominated anything in Carolina

I clearly remember most people saying Alvin Kamara(drafted the same year in the 3rd round I think) was better until last year

alot of those RBs you named had way more around them then Barkley

I can’t even think of any RB that had terrible olines their first 6 years in the league like Saquon

premier58

All Star
Daps

I clearly remember most people saying Alvin Kamara(drafted the same year in the 3rd round I think) was better until last year

I can’t even think of any RB that had terrible olines their first 6 years in the league like Saquon
Cmac did display dominance in Carolina.. are you serious?? He put sn historically great year while in Carolina

premier58

All Star
Daps
A lot of those players you mentioned may have lacked talented skill position players around them but had good offensive lines. Giants had a bad offense line + no skill position players around Saquan.
Several of them had OLines who were not heralded also. Off top, who was Frank Gores big time linemen, before Staley got there? I dont remember any lineman from the 60's Bears or the late 80's Colts. Outside of Willie Anderson, who was Corey Dillon leaning on?!

premier58

All Star
Daps

CMac was a 2 time All Pro with one of the greatest RB seasons ever in Carolina, yet he never dominated there. I dont get it.