2024 NFL Offseason Thread

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps

So basically manufacture lower demand for position groups so you can lowball players. Collusion. The safety thing has been real interesting. I thought something funny was up when no team would sign Eric Reid (due to the Kaep protest) but they covered it up by ensuring no safeties got deals early in free agency that year. The market kinda recovered after that but now we're back to the bullshyt.

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang

I guess safety is the next position for the NFL to devalue via collusion. Despite the most dominant/important defense in the league being the Fangio one that relies heavily on safeties...

Absolutely. JJ wrote a piece on it earlier.

Controversy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Philly
Absolutely. JJ wrote a piece on it earlier.

Only a Brian Dawkins type S is worth big money...as the article suggested, you need a chess piece...a S that can cover the slot, cover TEs, play deep middle, rush the passer, be the 8th man in the box...historically, there aren't many guys that can adequately check all these boxes but that's what you need from a S to keep offenses off balance

Who was more valuable to KC's def...OJ McDuffie or any of their Safeties???

Def value by position:
Edge
Corner
Interior DL
Slot Corner
Off ball LB
Safety

8WON6

The Great Negro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kansas City, MO.

Dude was a dog for them

:myman:
drue-tranquill-quote-INFO-1_1000x.jpg

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay

I guess safety is the next position for the NFL to devalue via collusion. Despite the most dominant/important defense in the league being the Fangio one that relies heavily on safeties

Safeties been devalued for a while now where have u been

Basically teams see no reason to pay a safety when he's not a top 3 safety in the league