2024 and The WWE has ZERO Top Black Male stars

R=G

Street Terrorist
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
Putting Lashley with the Street Profits was a great move at first but then HHH turned them heels which made no fukking sense whatsoever just to turn them back babyface again. The fans never turned on them in the first place. :why:

We know Montez has been fumbled but Dawkins was coming into his own as well. Now they’re in Limbo and just lost their leader.

I just accepted the fact that black male wrestlers won’t be featured high on the card going forward. It is what it is. I’m not even gonna get myself worked up over it.
Dont matter about being worked up. Needs to be called out like they do with Jews and gays on every little thing. Black men dominate real sports. This is completely unacceptable. Ridiculous. Blandy is a tough guy? Gay ass looking Blandy Orton is some fake Jake the Snake/Austin hybrid? Wtf...its a joke. Sami Zayn can fight off Bron Breaker by himself? What on earth? Hahahaha

Norrin Radd

To me, my board!
Daps
Reppin
Zenn-La
I don’t have a dog in this fight but was Trips running NXT when Keith Lee was NXT and NXT North American champion or was that after HBK took over?

Novembruh

Nah.
Daps
Reppin
The Bay
I don’t have a dog in this fight but was Trips running NXT when Keith Lee was NXT and NXT North American champion or was that after HBK took over?
HHH was big on Keef, but between the COVID health troubles and Vince deciding to put the man in a skirt, it basically torpedoed the top guy they'd planned Keith to be. I mean, homie had a face-off with Brock when Brock was BROCK, and Keith was still in NXT. That callup did damage.

That said... as much as I don't care for the lack of melanin in top positions in the company, my bigger issue is that everyone of a certain race seems to only be allowed to orbit each other, and with the titles all on light people... only light people stay in the title picture. THAT bothers me more than an individual black person to point to like 'HE made it!'. I want them to stop letting Wingstop sponsor matches centered around black people. I want that.

unrelated: none of this will matter in a few years. Oba gon be a star whether Hunter wants him to or not. Trick gon get chants and love - homie got his chant going while Dwayne was in the ring ffs. Wes is everything they see in Melo while being inherently face-aligned whereas Melo's best work will be as a heel. Lucian Price gon end up breaking out from OTM and probably ends up a regular around the US/IC scene within 3-5 years.

And... that's before we point out that literally every female of note coming out of NXT for the next 5 years is going to be biracial, non-native English-speaking, or tanned so goddamned dark they'd get arrested by mistake in the 60s :yeshrug:

Whether its intention or it isn't, there is definitely a dearth of darkness at the top of the card on these shows... but there's a whole mess of good talent just champing at the bit there.

Every other company that could be used as some counter to this has one top black talent and literally zero people waiting in the wings behind them. Whether Levesque wants it or not, somebody who don't sunburn gon be helping hold up this company within the next 5 years. It's functionally undeniable.

Easy-E

I 💗My Tribal Chief
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO/VA/Nashville
That said... as much as I don't care for the lack of melanin in top positions in the company, my bigger issue is that everyone of a certain race seems to only be allowed to orbit each other, and with the titles all on light people... only light people stay in the title picture. THAT bothers me more than an individual black person to point to like 'HE made it!'. I want them to stop letting Wingstop sponsor matches centered around black people. I want that.

I got roasted for saying this when Jade first sign.

"Bianca"
"Bianca"
"Bianca"

Me: Um, what about Charlotte? who Jade is kinda the same type of character back in AEW. She was basically black Charlotte Flair with The Baddies.

"AWWW, MAN Carmelo gotta get with Bobby and the Hurt Biz."

Me: Um, Melo is a cocky heel, he'll be horrible in a group being lil manned.

"Ilja would be great in Imperium."

Me: Because he's Eastern European? He is one of the few people to beat Gunther. Why call him up to lil man him.

thaKEAF

#grizzlies #titans
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Memphis
The crazy thing is Montez has potential to be the next breakout star. He has the look, mic skills, the background, and the baddest chick in the game but yet he's stuck in midcard hell. Same with Dawkins.

He would literally run to circles through alot of Trips favorites

I wouldn’t even consider him mid card at this point lol

Instant Classic

All Star
Supporter
Daps
I wouldn’t even consider him mid card at this point lol
yeah, even being midcard would be in a much better spot than he is today. Montez should be a guy that is gunning for the US title at least, but the man can barely get on the card. You can't tell me Montez is not better than more than half of the roster.