2023 Official NFL Draft Thread (April 27-29)

Based Lord Zedd

Colts or Die
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston TX
I would be surprised if Ballard & Steichen would be comfortable not being able to chose the QB they feel strongest about - when you put the amount of work & resources that goes into evaluating a franchise QB at the top of the draft, they will almost certainly have clear preferences on who they want for the next decade, the QB they pick will determine their careers. Its easier from our seats as fans to say, yeah, they are all look like the same tier, Ill be happy with the guy the other 2 teams passed on

There's no guarantee the QB they feel strongest about would require a trade up to #1. For example, Ballard historically does not go for small QBs. Based on that, Indy would be less likely to trade up for Young. It's also possible they believe two QBs are close in talent. Chargers were able to sit back and settle for Herbert what's the problem?

You also have to sell the fans that its worth it to give up that much draft capital. This was your reaction to the Trubisky trade:

Brozay said:
im done brehs

fukk this sports shyt

It seems like you guys want the Bears to get a much bigger haul than you gave up for Trubisky. Why shouldn't I, as a Colts fan be worried that my team is making the same mistake you did? Does Indy really trade up for a guy who doesn't have a lot of college starts?

as for the Bears - it doesnt matter how high these QB rank as "prospects". all that matters is that there is demand to draft them high, which there is. Its looking like a damn near certainty now that picks 1-3 will be QBs. And the #1 pick has much more value than Fields as a trade piece. The Bears like Fields and this opportunity to trade down is going to be massive in terms of allowing them to build their team.

It definitely matters. Bears are scamming and trying to profit off of FOMO on QBs they aren't even scared to miss out on. It's not like Fields is that nice you'd pass on a can't miss QB.

the Bears arent reliant on the Colts moving to #1, someone else will do it regardless

That's their problem. The Colts are also team with the highest pick that would trade with you.

Brozay

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
There's no guarantee the QB they feel strongest about would require a trade up to #1. For example, Ballard historically does not go for small QBs. Based on that, Indy would be less likely to trade up for Young. It's also possible they believe two QBs are close in talent. Chargers were able to sit back and settle for Herbert what's the problem?

You also have to sell the fans that its worth it to give up that much draft capital. This was your reaction to the Trubisky trade:

It seems like you guys want the Bears to get a much bigger haul than you gave up for Trubisky. Why shouldn't I, as a Colts fan be worried that my team is making the same mistake you did? Does Indy really trade up for a guy who doesn't have a lot of college starts?

It definitely matters. Bears are scamming and trying to profit off of FOMO on QBs they aren't even scared to miss out on. It's not like Fields is that nice you'd pass on a can't miss QB.

That's their problem. The Colts are also team with the highest pick that would trade with you.
I’d say the issue with the Bears trading up for Mitch wasn’t the trade itself, it was that they did it to draft Mitch and not Watson. If the Colts traded up to #1 to take Will Levis, I’d expect you to have a similar reaction.

I’m not saying it will happen but I’m not entirely discounting the possibility of the Texans absolutely falling in love with one of the QBs and moving to #1 to secure him. So I don’t think it’s just the Colts in the top 4 that would move up.

I still think it makes the most sense that we see Indy move to #1. It will cost them less than teams outside the top 5 and it allows them to dictate the draft and get the QB they want. If they are comfortable moving to 3 and taking whoever’s left of Young/Stroud/Richardson then that’s a decision they may regret long term. Richardson had a great week but he may not be the passer you’re looking for. Or hey, maybe y’all love Levis and there is no reason to move up at all :manny:

Regardless of the Colts, I don’t see any way the Bears don’t trade the top pick and make a killing, we’re sitting pretty, especially with this added Richardson hype building

Based Lord Zedd

Colts or Die
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston TX
I’d say the issue with the Bears trading up for Mitch wasn’t the trade itself, it was that they did it to draft Mitch and not Watson. If the Colts traded up to #1 to take Will Levis, I’d expect you to have a similar reaction.

At the time you were also saying multiple teams were trying to trade up for him, and that he wouldn't have been available at #3. Also, trading up for Watson would have been silly considering where he was drafted.

I’m not saying it will happen but I’m not entirely discounting the possibility of the Texans absolutely falling in love with one of the QBs and moving to #1 to secure him. So I don’t think it’s just the Colts in the top 4 that would move up.

I still think it makes the most sense that we see Indy move to #1. It will cost them less than teams outside the top 5 and it allows them to dictate the draft and get the QB they want. If they are comfortable moving to 3 and taking whoever’s left of Young/Stroud/Richardson then that’s a decision they may regret long term. Richardson had a great week but he may not be the passer you’re looking for. Or hey, maybe y’all love Levis and there is no reason to move up at all :manny:

Regardless of the Colts, I don’t see any way the Bears don’t trade the top pick and make a killing, we’re sitting pretty, especially with this added Richardson hype building

I don't really care what the Bears get, I only care about Indy not getting scammed. You on the other hand would be thrilled if Indy gave up too much.

Indy should only move up if there's a QB they feel really stands out and wouldn't be available at #3. I don't think it's clear which QB is that guy though.

They could regret taking what's left of Young/Stroud/Richardson just like they could regret giving up significant draft capital to move up and take Young/Stroud/Richardson.

That's all I'm saying.

Brozay

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
At the time you were also saying multiple teams were trying to trade up for him, and that he wouldn't have been available at #3. Also, trading up for Watson would have been silly considering where he was drafted.

I don't really care what the Bears get, I only care about Indy not getting scammed. You on the other hand would be thrilled if Indy gave up too much.

Indy should only move up if there's a QB they feel really stands out and wouldn't be available at #3. I don't think it's clear which QB is that guy though.

They could regret taking what's left of Young/Stroud/Richardson just like they could regret giving up significant draft capital to move up and take Young/Stroud/Richardson.

That's all I'm saying.
All in saying, I’ll be surprised if Ballard is content with sitting back and taking whoever the Texans and mystery team don’t select. I think with the new offensive driven coach and Ballards career in Indy on the line, they are going to prefer to choose the QB they have the strongest conviction on. Which I think ultimately would be the right move for y’all, not even thinking from a Bears perspective. It’s also wholly possible a team like Carolina could trade up to 3 before y’all pulled the trigger on the move. It’s just a big game of chess tbh

Last edited:

Killah Ray

Carolina hail to thee....
Daps
@smitty22 I’ve been telling you since September I know some good real estate agents to go ahead and get him set up with.