42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
200w.gif

Daps
Literally getting some size at the C Position instead of playing draymond at center or playing slow ass looney at C would be a huge help. Kerr refuses to play moody and they have 30 million in CP’s expiring contract as well as 3 tradable 1st round picks. Grizzlies just got rid of Xavier Tillman for nothing, not to mention claxton was available just last week.

They have no frontcourt scoring, but I guess wasting draft picks on mystery box players is the move to contention
The Magic literally have 3 centers (2 of which are starting caliber) one of which is actually an incredible defender at the rim. Which is prob why they were linked with trading CP to us.

Curious why that would've fallen apart.

Don Homer

Molto Bene
Supporter
Daps
The cap limits pretty much anything they can do
They have expiring contracts and tradeable firsts. They have assets every season and don’t use them except to spend it drafting players that won’t be anything close to what Steph is in his older age.

The cap limits just started last season. This is a thing year after year.

The warriors are gonna be a bottom-feeder after Steph leaves. Like immediately after. Hoarding picks for the “future” is disrespectful to him

Don Homer

Molto Bene
Supporter
Daps
The Magic literally have 3 centers (2 of which are starting caliber) one of which is actually an incredible defender at the rim. Which is prob why they were linked with trading CP to us.
But ofc the inept warriors couldn’t get it done

Warriors literally spent more assets getting old ass CP0 than the Celtics did to get porzingis but I’m supposed to believe that all the good deals are impossible

Daps
But ofc the inept warriors couldn’t get it done
I don't get it that should've been an easy trade to make with us... CP expiring, maybe a first and young guy who can shoot for Markell expiring, one of our centers and probably another piece like Gary Harris. Win win trade imo

GS gets a starting center, we unload some guys for a 1st and maybe a 2nd in return. Win win

Why not do that trade

Don Homer

Molto Bene
Supporter
Daps
I don't get it that should've been an easy trade to make with us... CP expiring, maybe a first and young guy who can shoot for Markell expiring, one of our centers and probably another piece like Gary Harris. Win win trade imo

GS gets a starting center, we unload some guys for a 1st and maybe a 2nd in return. Win win

Why not do that trade
Warriors have BOTH. Moody doesn’t get play and can shoot. We have 3 tradeable firsts

Bad front office is bad

Unbothered

ELEVATING to HIGHER LEVELS with POSITIVE VIBES ✨
Daps
Reppin
'Cuse, New York
Literally getting some size at the C Position instead of playing draymond at center or playing slow ass looney at C would be a huge help. Kerr refuses to play moody and they have 30 million in CP’s expiring contract as well as 3 tradable 1st round picks. Grizzlies just got rid of Xavier Tillman for nothing, not to mention claxton was available just last week.

They have no frontcourt scoring, but I guess wasting draft picks on mystery box players is the move to contention
Eh the truth is that the Warriors just have a badly constructed team. There's nothing they could've done to make them championship contenders let alone a WCF contender.

It's like I've been saying in other threads about the Dubs...it's pretty much over and despite the fall-off from Klay they're not trading him or Draymond...think they've made that clear by standing pat. The only players they could've perhaps moved would've been much of their young core (Kuminga, Moody, etc) or vets such as CP3 and Wiggins but, as I mentioned there's no trade that could've been made to make them into championship contenders.

At the very least for this season any trade would've made them slightly better from a competitive pov but still a play-in/first round exit type of team at heart so from management point of view it made sense to stay still and wait till the off-season to improve. I actually think it's time for them to move on from Wiggins, fan favorites in Kuminga, Moody, Looney, etc and revamp the roster around Steph, Klay, and Dray to give them one last hurrah before the franchise goes into it's dark ages once again. Kuminga, Moody, etc are decent but not exactly game changers or good enough to rely on them as being the new cornerstones of the franchise.

BigMoneyGrip

I'm Lamont's pops
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Straight from Flatbush
See, this is what I’m talking about. They do nothing for multiple trade deadlines and people will ask “what could they do?”

They did nothing last year as well. When Steph was playing like an MVP in 2021 and won the scoring title, they did nothing again. Last year the FO said it would “look to the buyout market” and proceeded to get nobody

In 2022, they are on record saying they didn’t think their team was a championship team, and they did nothing. They just had Steph curry so he carried.

They haven’t had a confident contending roster since Durant left.

Every year it’s the same “what could they have done” talk. The fact of the matter is, they don’t evaluate talent well. They don’t know what a good player looks like.
Or maybe GMs dont want to fukk with us because of our dominance for a decade… nikkas be petty like that.. add in Dum being a new GM so he ain’t got the contacts Meyers had .. We pick up the phone to talk trades and GM hang up

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
We will keep him and the GM will have a press conference talking about there not being any deals worth blowing up the team, talk about continuity, pick some random ass sample and use that record as why he thinks this team can make noise.

Then we'll either let Demar walk for nothing or sign him to a stupid ass contract.