2023-24 Contract Season: Odyssey Jones removed from WWE TV/online roster over domestic abuse allegations; Gisele Shaw granted release from TNA

Easy-E

I 💗My Tribal Chief
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO/VA/Nashville
Whatever plans HHH had for Lashley got fukked up anyway once the crowd didn't go with that heel turn even though he was beating down Rey Mysterio. Put them in a weird position unless they just decided to feed him to Roman he was kind of stuck.

We got a Saudi Show with Logan Paul and LA Knight....we could've had a great program against Bobby...we got Kerion Kross

King Sun

Big Boss
Supporter
Daps
Reppin

:beli: We bout to get a John Cena tour and ppl callin for a world title win

Crazy thing is Bobby can work in AEW better but not for the reasons stans think he won't. BTW when yall factor in those TNA signing most of those top guys going to TNA already have side hustles and make money outside of TNA. He would have to be willing to take a big pay cut and I doubt at 50 he would retire before that. If he goes to AEW Tony should book him and Christian and let him keep his suited down gimmick

NoMorePie

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Neptune
:beli: We bout to get a John Cena tour and ppl callin for a world title win

e6f

DoubleJ13

Smooth sailing from here on out...
Daps
Reppin
Thunder/TSC
The problem was that HHH never went full heel with them. The booking clearly showed that he was riding the fence with them, and that's why the fans didn't take to it. The fans didn't ruin the heel turn, the banana nosed idiot ruined it.

They were beating up Rey Mysterio. That's a heel turn. The crowd kept cheering for them & it was either fight the crowd on it or just turn them face again but then you have to figure out what group on SmackDown they were going to work with & it wasn't going to be the Bloodline heading into Mania season.

They started teasing the group in July, showed up laying out heels & faces but still getting cheered talking about taking over through August, attacking LWO in September & into October to turn heel while still getting cheered, & by the time November came around they were moving them back towards being faces.

The only heel groups for them to work with were Bloodline who were busy heading into Mania season, the new Legado that was working with the LWO, & Final Testament who wasn't even a thing for another month & change.

We got a Saudi Show with Logan Paul and LA Knight....we could've had a great program against Bobby...we got Kerion Kross

I mean yeah they could have ran Roman vs Lashley at some point I guess just to do it. But even these examples are a year apart & don't really work. LA Knight worked Roman the same Crown Jewel they did Lashley vs Lesnar & Lashley was on Raw during that time. Lashley had just come back after 4 months out & started the group with the Profits when Logan worked Roman, Lashley didn't even work Crown Jewel last year.

Finn Baller

Superstar
Daps
Bryan Danielson is 43. Kenny Omega is 40 and has intestines made out of glizzy casings and paperclips now. Christian and Edge are both 50.

Age only matters in wrestling if the audience looks at you as being old or if you simply can't keep up anymore (like a Matt Hardy). Lashley is more than fine on both of those fronts

3Rivers

thaKEAF aint never lied
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Steel City
Bryan Danielson is 43. Kenny Omega is 40 and has intestines made out of glizzy casings and paperclips now. Christian and Edge are both 50.

Age only matters in wrestling if the audience looks at you as being old or if you simply can't keep up anymore (like a Matt Hardy). Lashley is more than fine on both of those fronts
Bill Goldberg won the universal title at age 51 and 54 respectively.

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
I'm usually not this guy...but, I never remember this "old dudes gotta go" discourse on TSC til now... :jbhmm: :jbhmm: :jbhmm: weird
What? I've read brehs in TSC say people over 36 are "too old" to be treated like the top guy in a company (if he hasn't had that role before) or "too old" for a company to sign them + give them a main event push :dead: