2023-24 Contract Season: Odyssey Jones removed from WWE TV/online roster over domestic abuse allegations; Gisele Shaw granted release from TNA

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
They’re supposedly making another push into being a viable alternative again so they’re supposed to be running bigger venues so will they invest in long term money for talent seems to be the big question.
Problem is the TV network more than anything. The company that owns them owns the network they run on so how willing is their parent company going to be to shop them around to other networks?

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
Apparently Bayne’s visa is over in December so might be sometime around there she’s back stateside.

She’s had a good run in Stardom and is only 25.

Larry

Indiana's Finest
Daps
Call me crazy.. this is going to sound kinda fukked up probably

But I see no real benefit in signing these really talented Joshi girls or even well known Indy guys like Ospreay or whoever if I’m WWE..

I feel like the asking price is probably high for most of them, and with the way WWE’s machine works these days, there’s probably much cheaper options that’ll end up being huge with the right backing down the line. Same way Bianca, Roman, Becky etc. has..

I look at a guy like Trick Williams who is still very green and early in his development, and its pretty evident he will probably be huge at some point down the line. Same with Breakker or Yam Yam Bigelow. these are failed college athletes that probably signed with WWE for very little. I don't see the benefit in going after someone like Tama Tonga over that. let Tony Khan have em. Keep signing young athletes and molding them in y’all’s image. Let Tony overpay for the Indy vets and Japanese stars. The ROI probably ain’t eeeem worth it

Last edited:

OneDeep

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New Orleans
Call me crazy.. this is going to sound kinda fukked up probably

But I see no real benefit in signing these really talented Joshi girls or even well known Indy guys like Ospreay or whoever if I’m WWE..

I feel like the asking price is probably high for most of them, and with the way WWE’s machine works these days, there’s probably much cheaper options that’ll end up being huge with the right backing down the line. Same way Bianca, Roman, Becky etc. has..

I look at a guy like Trick Williams who is still very green and early in his development, and its pretty evident he will probably be huge at some point down the line. Same with Breakker or Yam Yam Bigelow. these are failed college athletes that probably signed with WWE for very little. I don't see the benefit in going after someone like Tama Tonga over that. let Tony Khan have em. Keep signing young athletes and molding them in y’all’s image. Let Tony overpay for the Indy vets and Japanese stars. The ROI probably ain’t eeeem worth it
Look how AJ & Asuka turned out:manny:

AJ was the Indy God sure he was in TNA but but still he was your Omega/Osprey type of wrestler who you think would never make it in WWE

Asuka was just another Joshi also

You need a mix of Homegrown & Indy Vets imo

br82186

Superstar
Daps

AJ was the Indy God sure he was in TNA but but still he was your Omega/Osprey type of wrestler who you think would never make it in WWE

Pretty much just look at guys like Rollins, Danielson and Punk.

The only interesting thing is what role will Endeavor play in all of this

Larry

Indiana's Finest
Daps

I hear you on this for sure. I mean the biggest faces in WWE right now are Cody Rhodes who came up in WWE’s system, and LA Knight who is the definition of an Indy guy lol

So that mix is definitely fine. I’m not saying stop signing Indy guys at all. What I am saying tho is don’t get caught up in trying to outbid deep pocket Tony for big name Indy men and Joshi girls who might not even move the needle with a mainstream audience, especially when you have a PC right now full of potential breakout crossover talent. Keep signing the Jay Malachi’s and Christian Casanova’s of the world. Let Tony overpay for the Ospreays

White City Black

Ol’ Basquiat head ass
Daps
Reppin
Chicago's South Shore
He would grt exposed if he left njpw. They let him get away without ramping inring.
Once workrate gets condensed in wwe. His low quality workrate would get exposed.

Plus he is not innovative enough given he been in njpw.
For how long Tama tonga been in njpw. Tama should have been the Roman reigns of njpw tbh. Tama just does not have it inring and promo.wise.

including...i am a nikka but frfr.
Tama tonga cuss to much with no Content too.

Tama is like the one Samoan you want to see make it. Yet there is nuffin to hitch your wagon to.

Imo if Tama worked on ramping. To become a maineventer in njpw in singles.
Tama could use that to go to wwe and then challenge Roman as the head of the table. Yet I do not see him being that dedicated to workrate and moveset. To be able to make a jump and have a draw. That makes wwe respect.
what angle to use him properly in.

Art Barr
I get all of this, and especially the fact that he cut his hair the way he did?

I wouldn’t even see WWE putting him anywhere near The Bloodline angle. He’ll fukk around and have some whole random name and gimmick that won’t scream “tonga.” Then again, they supposedly wanted him And his brother, so who knows…Good Brothers feud then catering? :yeshrug:
She's going to be a huge star. She has the IT factor.
If Guilia ends up in AEW they’ll make a real big deal of her

If Guilia ends up in WWE they gon be doing all that Jade Cargill hype shyt to introduce her

Either way, I hope she brings her sweet Italianese ass to stateside full time