2023-24 Contract Season: Odyssey Jones removed from WWE TV/online roster over domestic abuse allegations; Gisele Shaw granted release from TNA

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
I don’t know about that. If CMLL were to partner with the E, the CMLL talent will go directly to NXT. Despite how live the fans are down in Full Sail Jr, would CMLL pass on having their talent get more shine across the States with a bigger audience on a tv station owned by Warner?
Also, @Cattle Mutilation , to go further into it. If a CMLL talent signs a contract with the E, that means once they’re called up to the main brand it means less appearances in CMLL, possibly one or none a year. If she were to sign with AEW she could still wrestle in CMLL monthly. And who knows if the talent could make monthly appearances in CMLL if they are in NXT.

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
I don’t know about that. If CMLL were to partner with the E, the CMLL talent will go directly to NXT. Despite how live the fans are down in Full Sail Jr, would CMLL pass on having their talent get more shine across the States with a bigger audience on a tv station owned by Warner?
I can’t see them partnering with WWE. Unless WWE sends major main roster talent to work CMLL shows, then a WWE partnership isn’t going to mean shyt for them since they’ve never made any real efforts to expand their TV presence into the US. They are context with putting 10k+ in Arena Mexico twice a week and airing all their stuff on YouTube and Mexican TV.

Like AEW sent down the BCC and Arena Mexico sold out in like a day for that show. They are going to be sending down the Lucha Bros. Jericho is going to be facing Mistico eventually, and Jericho was one of the names their fans wanted most.

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
I can’t see them partnering with WWE. Unless WWE sends major main roster talent to work CMLL shows, then a WWE partnership isn’t going to mean shyt for them since they’ve never made any real efforts to expand their TV presence into the US. They are context with putting 10k+ in Arena Mexico twice a week and airing all their stuff on YouTube and Mexican TV.

Like AEW sent down the BCC and Arena Mexico sold out in like a day for that show. They are going to be sending down the Lucha Bros. Jericho is going to be facing Mistico eventually, and Jericho was one of the names their fans wanted most.
were you alluding to with CMLL reconsidering the AEW partnership and considering one with the E? Or do you mean it’ll just leave a “bad taste” with CMLL/AEW relations?

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
'The Ironed Shiek' is fukking. insane. :deadrose:
MxM need 3-5 minutes every show on TV in a bigger promotion than ROH is.
the fukkery is always on 10. And them going out to Uganda got them over in my books forever prolly
ROH is a good spot to start them out at. Work the kinks out with their gimmick down there. From that video, I’m not convinced that’s a gimmick that’s going to work in AEW.

But I’ll keep an open mind about it, sometimes things are just an acquired taste. I’m not going to dismiss it as trash until they prove it. Like I wasn’t convinced at first by the Learning Tree shyt with Jericho but was willing to give it a try, but the longer it has gone on the more apparent it is that it’s trash.

Use it as basically like a trial/feeling out process to see if they are good fit before putting them on AEW TV since AEW has been burned by so many ex-WWE talents.

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
were you alluding to with CMLL reconsidering the AEW partnership and considering one with the E? Or do you mean it’ll just leave a “bad taste” with CMLL/AEW relations?
I mean CMLL could just say fukk it and cut ties with AEW is all. AEW sending talent down may help them sell tickets quicker but they don’t need AEW to have a thriving business down in Mexico.

If AEW is just going to platform their best talents so they can get signed away to AEW or WWE, then what good is that partnership doing them if they aren’t trying to grow their presence in the US?

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
I mean CMLL could just say fukk it and cut ties with AEW is all. AEW sending talent down may help them sell tickets quicker but they don’t need AEW to have a thriving business down in Mexico.

If AEW is just going to platform their best talents so they can get signed away to AEW or WWE, then what good is that partnership doing them if they aren’t trying to grow their presence in the US?

At the end of the day it’s the talent’s decision to do what they want to do. A company doesn’t own them and can’t tell them what to do with their career.

CMLL can’t be dumb enough to not see the opportunity AEW or WWE presents to wrestlers. A partnership gives them some exposure, but you can’t blame a talent leaving them for better opportunities.

Os and Okada did it, Jay White did it. The marks can bytch about how AEW “raided” talent, but this industry is a business. You go where you can make more money and get more shine.

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
Also, @Cattle Mutilation , to go further into it. If a CMLL talent signs a contract with the E, that means once they’re called up to the main brand it means less appearances in CMLL, possibly one or none a year. If she were to sign with AEW she could still wrestle in CMLL monthly. And who knows if the talent could make monthly appearances in CMLL if they are in NXT.
And I totally get that, but look at the ex-New Japan or ex-ROH/NJPW talent AEW signed, the only two that ever show up in Japan for a match more than once a year on average are Jon Moxley and Lance Archer. Almost all of them haven't even managed one match under the New Japan umbrella in Japan.

Though showing up in Mexico will be far more easily done that showing up in Japan because of travel reasons. So perhaps she won't leave and basically write off CMLL completely.

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
And I totally get that, but look at the ex-New Japan or ex-ROH/NJPW talent AEW signed, the only two that ever show up in Japan for a match more than once a year on average are Jon Moxley and Lance Archer. Almost all of them haven't even managed one match under the New Japan umbrella in Japan.

Though showing up in Mexico will be far more easily done that showing up in Japan because of travel reasons. So perhaps she won't leave and basically write off CMLL completely.

Maybe most of the wrestlers don’t wanna make the trip out there? And AEW talent can’t show up to NJ and do a tour. That’s why you only see them on big shows. Can’t expect them to do the small shows in Kobe or a farm town.