2023-24 Contract Season: Odyssey Jones removed from WWE TV/online roster over domestic abuse allegations; Gisele Shaw granted release from TNA

Kidd Dibiase

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Speaking with Peter Rosenberg on Cheap Heat, Gable noted that he wants to be in a leadership role to help NIL and college athletes thrive in WWE.

Gable explained:

“I’ve done some reflection. I’ve done some reflecting about what (re-signing) means for me, not just professionally or financially, going forward, but what I want it to mean to me. I’m getting older. This business is interesting. If you would have told me in high school when I started this, that I’d be hitting my peak when I was 38, I would have said you’re crazy. How do you wrestle that long? But here we are.

“When I evaluate what I want my legacy to be, or part of my legacy, I want to step in more of a leadership role going forward, locker room wise. We have a lot of young talent coming up with guys from NXT, we have guys like the Creeds (Julius Creed and Brutus Creed), who are these incredible athletes. Everyone has seen their athleticism. They haven’t necessarily had the guiding light for them to show them the other stuff and the other side.

“No one needs to teach them how to be strong and athletic. They have that. I couldn’t teach them that. I think I’m the type of guy that would be good in a leadership role and I would have a lot of value.

“Especially to the people that WWE and NXT are interested in, which are people with sporting backgrounds and making that jump from amateur athletics with the NIL deals.

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
Ricochet's agent was backstage at Dynamite last night according to Fightful

Ricochet is likely headed to AEW, and all signs point to talks being well underway.

In June, Fightful Select reported that Ricochet was finishing up with WWE and expected to join AEW. His contract was up at midnight on July 1, and he was contractually unable to appear on AEW x NJPW Forbidden Door as a result. On the Fightful Select discord Wednesday night, Sean Ross Sapp posted that Ricochet wasn't set for the show.

However, Ricochet is expected in the company soon, and there was some interesting movement on that. Ricochet's agent was backstage at AEW this week, and we're told had been leading the subsequent talks between the two sides. Ricochet's agent also represents a number of other talent across WWE and AEW.

Easy-E

I 💗My Tribal Chief
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO/VA/Nashville
They didn't seem to hate the MMM gimmick like LAK did.

So, I'm not surprised went with it on ROH.

I would buy Honor Club, but, they gon' fukk around and only be on once a month.

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
If true, she should send a gift basket to Mone for giving her more shine than expected. Mone a true giver to the industry. :salute:
AEW will need to tread carefully with this one.

Even though WWE offered and will likely mean Vaquer never wrestles for CMLL until WWE gets rid of her if she signed there, it could rub CMLL the wrong way for AEW to snatch her up after just one Forbidden Door PPV cycle even though it would mean she could still wrestle in CMLL.

Plus AEW is the one that gave her the platform to show out on US TV, does WWE even put an offer out there if she has never showed up in AEW? Could make CMLL reconsider the whole partnership, and AEW is going to need to rely on that going forward for Forbidden Door until New Japan gets their next generation elevated.

Novembruh

Nah.
Daps
Reppin
The Bay

tumblr_inline_o06hy8MxTK1rifr4k_500.gif

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
AEW will need to tread carefully with this one.

Even though WWE offered and will likely mean Vaquer never wrestles for CMLL until WWE gets rid of her if she signed there, it could rub CMLL the wrong way for AEW to snatch her up after just one Forbidden Door PPV cycle even though it would mean she could still wrestle in CMLL.

Plus AEW is the one that gave her the platform to show out on US TV, does WWE even put an offer out there if she has never showed up in AEW? Could make CMLL reconsider the whole partnership, and AEW is going to need to rely on that going forward for Forbidden Door until New Japan gets their next generation elevated.
I don’t know about that. If CMLL were to partner with the E, the CMLL talent will go directly to NXT. Despite how live the fans are down in Full Sail Jr, would CMLL pass on having their talent get more shine across the States with a bigger audience on a tv station owned by Warner?