2023-24 Contract Season: Odyssey Jones removed from WWE TV/online roster over domestic abuse allegations; Gisele Shaw granted release from TNA

Reality Check

Keepin' it 100
Daps
Y'all think there's any chance that the person representing the Elite in the Owen is Ricochet?
I know they teased Hangman but I think he might be on his own

Not a chance. If this person is representing The Elite, my guess is this individual is headlining All In with Swerve, and given the history Hangman makes the most logical sense vs. someone out of left field who is known more for clapping back on Twitter than anything he did in WWE.

Killah Ray

Carolina hail to thee....
Daps
Dijak really believing the fake online hype huh? This muhfukka seems perpetually online and is always “shooting” since last week…

Dude is one of those decent hands you have on a roster not some huge missed opportunity wasted to me…

In this day and age, pretty much anyone at the top of either the E or the Dub is capable of putting on a good match so “work rate” means fukk all in that regard…just wasn’t that entertaining of a character honestly.

I said previously I think he’d do good in NJPW and that’s because those type of hoss wrestlers have always thrived over there since the 70s.

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
Daniel Garcia update

Daniel Garcia has been with All Elite Wrestling since 2021, and the internal belief is that he'll be around for quite some time.

Sources familiar with the situation have confirmed that Daniel Garcia’s AEW contract was set to expire in the fall 2024, at least as of earlier this year. Unless he’s re-signed since then, Garcia could possibly hit free agency at just 26 years old, with years of television experience on ROH and All Elite Wrestling TV. However, one top AEW name said that they don't believe he's going anywhere, and even think he's re-signed.

When we asked directly to those close to Garcia about his contract status, they said that a lot of his future would likely come into focus soon. We did reach out to Garcia, but didn't get a comment on the record or on background for the story.

Garcia takes on Will Ospreay tonight on AEW Dynamite for the AEW International Title.

Garcia had a WWE tryout in January 2021, which we were told went exceptionally well for him, to the point that it landed Garcia an NXT TV match. WWE didn’t sign Garcia, but told him that if anyone else was interested in him, they’d sign him sooner.

Those that we spoke to said that tryout, among some others in 2021, led to WWE running some specific tryouts for wrestlers with in-ring experience.