2023-24 Contract Season: Odyssey Jones removed from WWE TV/online roster over domestic abuse allegations; Gisele Shaw granted release from TNA

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
But i feel the IWC is on their fake outrage again :manny:

Are people outraged? I don't know. My personal view, I think Dijak is a good talent and he could have been something on the main roster. Not everything has to be so extra.. WWE will be fine with or without him, don't think anyone is disputing that

Larry

Indiana's Finest
Daps
Are people outraged? I don't know.
Yeah

You gotta get on social media with the real sickos so you can watch these meltdowns in real time. shyt crazy

I saw some nikka call Dijak contract expiring a generational fumble, and it had thousand of likes

:dead:

And the tweet above it was about WWE selling out MSG tonight at 17k or something.. I almost replied “without Dijak?” but it felt mean spirited lol

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
Yeah

You gotta get on social media with the real sickos so you can watch these meltdowns in real time. shyt crazy

I saw some nikka call Dijak contract expiring a generational fumble, and it had thousand of likes

And the tweet above it was about WWE selling out MSG tonight at 17k or something.. I almost replied “without Dijak?” but it felt mean spirited lol

Come on breh.... See... here's what is lost in some of these threads. Are people really outraged? Yes, maybe there are some sickos out there, we know a lot of wrestling fans aren't the brightest... I don't go on Twitter much...

But you know what else is likely? These Twitter accounts are engagement farming. They are giving out "hot takes" that are delusional no different than SAS or Shannon or Skip Bayless just to get the clicks up...

Are you missing that? Lol..

Larry

Indiana's Finest
Daps
Come on breh.... See... here's what is lost in some of these threads. Are people really outraged? Yes, maybe there are some sickos out there, we know a lot of wrestling fans aren't the brightest... I don't go on Twitter much...

But you know what else is likely? These Twitter accounts are engagement farming. They are giving out "hot takes" that are delusional no different than SAS or Shannon or Skip Bayless just to get the clicks up...

Are you missing that? Lol..
I think we all know that a lot of those people are virtue signaling and engagement farming fam..

It’s still funny to watch, though. A lot them dudes sound just like posts I see here... that’s just the nature of Twitter/social media in general though, it goes beyond wrestling. A lot of over emphasizing on the most minor of things.

but I will say this, whether we like it or not or care to admit it, those social media platforms are the current pulse of pro wrestling. They’re the loudest voice. It’s why every wrestling journalist, performer etc. constantly interact on them. You can dismiss it but twitter plays a larger part in the industry than a site like this does lol

We just saw them change a wresrlemania main event this year for fukks sake

Edit: a lot of that shyt is in the moment though. It’ll be a big topic for 2 days.. and then something else will happen and the pretend outrage will be gone just as quick as it began.. as the news cycle goes, so do they

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
I think we all know that a lot of those people are virtue signaling and engagement farming fam..

It’s still funny to watch, though. A lot them dudes sound just like posts I see here... that’s just the nature of Twitter/social media in general though, it goes beyond wrestling. A lot of over emphasizing on the most minor of things.

but I will say this, whether we like it or not or care to admit it, those social media platforms are the current pulse of pro wrestling. They’re the loudest voice. It’s why every wrestling journalist, performer etc. constantly interact on them. You can dismiss it but twitter plays a larger part in the industry than a site like this does lol

We just saw them change a wresrlemania main event this year for fukks sake

Edit: a lot of that shyt is in the moment though. It’ll be a big topic for 2 days.. and then something else will happen and the pretend outrage will be gone just as quick as it began.. as the news cycle goes, so do they

I don't dispute that... I just think a lot of it is nonsense and I don't read it Lol. I'm not sure they changed the Rock vs. Roman match just because of Twitter outrage, I guess we will find out when they air the documentary. I think the fact that the online bullshyt carried over into the live crowds was the problem..

There's certain things like "Dijak is a huge loss!!!!" that casual fans have no clue about... the casual fans might not even know who the fukk Dijak is...

But then there's other topics that actually go viral and are discussed on sites like The Ringer or whatever, sites that casuals pay attention to and then the casuals who make up some of the live audience are clued in and all of a sudden it's a ground swell support for Cody and "fukk you Rocky!" chants..

Larry

Indiana's Finest
Daps
I don't dispute that... I just think a lot of it is nonsense and I don't read it Lol. I'm not sure they changed the Rock vs. Roman match just because of Twitter outrage, I guess we will find out when they air the documentary. I think the fact that the online bullshyt carried over into the live crowds was the problem..

There's certain things like "Dijak is a huge loss!!!!" that casual fans have no clue about... the casual fans might not even know who the fukk Dijak is...

But then there's other topics that actually go viral and are discussed on sites like The Ringer or whatever, sites that casuals pay attention to and then the casuals who make up some of the live audience are clued in and all of a sudden it's a ground swell support for Cody and "fukk you Rocky!" chants..

I think a lot of it is really just in the moment reactionary shyt..

Like the Drew McIntyre loss.. the sky was falling for 24 hours. Everything from WWE fumbled Drew takes to “he should have went to AEW!”

and then the Wyatt Sick6 happened.. and it was quiet for Drew. Focus shifted… and then Friday, Jacob happened.. attention was on that…

Twitter is a real ADD app lol.. everything that happens is theeee most important in the world for 30 minutes.. until the next thing happens. It’s not only twitter tho, we kinda like that too. Let’s be real lol

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
I think a lot of it is really just in the moment reactionary shyt..

Like the Drew McIntyre loss.. the sky was falling for 24 hours. Everything from WWE fumbled Drew takes to “he should have went to AEW!”

and then the Wyatt Sick6 happened.. and it was quiet for Drew. Focus shifted… and then Friday, Jacob happened.. attention was on that…

Twitter is a real ADD app lol.. everything that happens is theeee most important in the world for 30 minutes.. until the next thing happens. It’s not only twitter tho, we kinda like that too. Let’s be real lol

I am noticing more and more of this even in what are supposed to be "respected news outlets"... Everyone last night was jumping out the window at how bad Joe Biden looked and they said "we need to replace him immediately!!!"

And he did look bad... but now today, he's doing a rally in North Carolina and he looks fine. He's got a lot more energy. That's usually how he looks. I think people forget that 80-year olds have TERRIBLE days... days where they look every bit of 80. But that doesn't necessarily mean they are ready to die tomorrow.

Everyone whether it's politics or wrestling or basketball or football or the gaming industry etc.... is ready to "freak out" about shyt... 24/7. It's pathetic to watch as someone who is fairly neutral on a lot of things :mjlol:

Larry

Indiana's Finest
Daps
I am noticing more and more of this even in what are supposed to be "respected news outlets"... Everyone last night was jumping out the window at how bad Joe Biden looked and they said "we need to replace him immediately!!!"

And he did look bad... but now today, he's doing a rally in North Carolina and he looks fine. He's got a lot more energy. That's usually how he looks. I think people forget that 80-year olds have TERRIBLE days... days where they look every bit of 80. But that doesn't necessarily mean they are ready to die tomorrow.

Everyone whether it's politics or wrestling or basketball or football or the gaming industry etc.... is ready to "freak out" about shyt... 24/7. It's pathetic to watch as someone who is fairly neutral on a lot of things :mjlol:

you see it!

when did this shyt start?

apart of me blames social media, but I also wonder if social media is just a byproduct of it. I feel like we're just in a reaction culture currently, where its like we almost seek out stuff to react to. and the reaction is always overblown in some way. when did this happen?

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
you see it!

when did this shyt start?

apart of me blames social media, but I also wonder if social media is just a byproduct of it. I feel like we're just in a reaction culture currently, where its like we almost seek out stuff to react to. and the reaction is always overblown in some way. when did this happen?

I think there's a lot of factors but the biggest one is always MONEY and then there's the idea that everything needs to be polarized.....

CNN is losing millions of dollars. They have lost the support they had with being the "center" of politics.. their primetime programming averages less viewers than an episode of 'Collision' ...

So in that situation, you're going to see more wild takes... people jumping out the window... people saying anything for clicks. They need it.

Cable overall is dying... so that's my second point. How do people recoup if the cable business isn't working? Well, social media is one way... although nobody besides YouTube has been able to figure out how to profit off social media. META was doing well for a while but they made some terrible decisions. Twitter will likely never be profitable...

Everything is trying to figure out a way to get clicks and views in a world where the normal ways like cable.... are no longer working..

And what sells? Sex and violence.... fighting.... that's why "polarization" is popular. People fighting. Need to pick a side. Need to choose. We aren't that different from Nazi Germany. A lot of people had lost their jobs or their jobs weren't paying them enough and they needed a scapegoat... no Jack Perry... and they reacted positively towards the "charismatic leader" in this country... Donald Trump... and that person will tell them why and who they need to blame.

Mook

We should all strive to be like Mr. Rogers.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh
Yeah

Twitter isn’t real life. On twitter Bixenspan is a powerhouse. Irl no one looks at him twice.

Rell84shots

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
That’s not a bad thing at all as who drew the most money isn’t the fans problem nor should they care. That’s on the company that matters to.

Dudes be in here arguing about ratings and irrelevant talking points when fans should care less about it.
Fans should care about ratings since it is based on fans watching. We know ratings are different now than they were in the past, but if RAW or SD started getting six figure numbers then that's cause for concern. Sami is great but every time they put him in the main event the rating tanks.

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
Fans should care about ratings since it is based on fans watching. We know ratings are different now than they were in the past, but if RAW or SD started getting six figure numbers then that's cause for concern. Sami is great but every time they put him in the main event the rating tanks.
Still doesn’t change what I said though. Wrestling now isn’t what it was back then. The sooner some posters in here realize that the better.

Treat it for what it is now and not what it used to be because those days are long gone and Rock and Stone Cold or even Kane characters aren’t happening these days.

Larry

Indiana's Finest
Daps

I could be way off, but I almost feel like a lot of the ratings discourse comes from our need for validation.

it's not even a wrestling thing.. you often see fans of artists talking about/ celebrating record sales and chart positions instead of subjective shyt like quality, and really its just because the thing I like being mega successful validates my favorable opinion on it. its why you see people take negative opinions on things they like so personal. Nobody wants their opinion to feel undermined.

wrestling is no different

:yeshrug: