2023-24 Contract Season: Odyssey Jones removed from WWE TV/online roster over domestic abuse allegations; Gisele Shaw granted release from TNA

Easy-E

I 💗My Tribal Chief
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO/VA/Nashville
I wonder if this is a tko decision , because why would triple h call him up if they weren't gonna bring him back

You wanted him to be written off while at NXT?

Apparently he was being paid a RAW/Smackdown contract despite wrestling in NXT since June 2022 (MITB Battle Royale).

Dijak was one of his guys how he couldn’t be factored into that Raw roster right now is beyond me :francis:

:beli: It's gonna come a time when the new car smell will wear off with normal ppl (the crazed marks already are there) and we can stop acting as if HHH is a genius. WWE booking been mid as hell since Mania 40. Clash made so little sense booking wise.

You could've made some slight changes to the character and made him an enforcer that can tune up a baby face and put 'em over.

This has to be a purely money situation.

Larry

Indiana's Finest
Daps
I liked Dijak. We have to be honest about a guy like Dijak tho, as good as he is. He's been around for years, making main roster money on the developmental show. He's not selling merch. He's not packing out appearances. He's not even an attraction like some of those young Trick Williams types, he's literally just a guy on the show making more money than the rest of his peers lol...

homie around to have solid wrestling matches on the developmental show a fraction of WWE's audience actually watches while making a main roster salary. Realistically, did you really expected WWE to renew that contract once it was up?

if we really looking at the benefit of having dude around, he's a net minus business wise. anyone making main roster bread in NXT is losing the company money at that point. His contract is up, now he can go do what he does best and make an extra buck because he has the "former WWE star" jacket. he'll be iight. He's talented, im sure he'll raise his stock wherever he goes next but lets be real.. he was never sticking around past that contract lol..

and for the people who will say "but KKKarion Kross is still employed"... yeah, wait til that nikkas contract is up. don't be shocked and talking about how bad they fumbled all of a sudden when his shyt isn't renewed either

Last edited:

dh86

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Tony has the same affinity for 2016-19 NXT as Levesque does for 2021-22 AEW so Dijak gonna be fine

br82186

Superstar
Daps
With as talent depleted as NJPW is right now, he could probably come in and take the monster gaijin spot they were trying to let Bronson Reed run with…
Problem is the Japanese dollar isn't what it used to be.

He goes to NJ and he becomes an upper mid carder to main eventer
He goes to TNA he becomes a main eventer with the possibility of coming back to WWE
He goes to AEW and he'll get lost because the roster is still full, unless Tony Kahn decides to do a hard split of the roster.

Rollie Forbes

Drapetomaniac.
Daps
I liked Dijak. We have to be honest about a guy like Dijak tho, as good as he is. He's been around for years, making main roster money on the developmental show. He's not selling merch. He's not packing out appearances. He's not even an attraction like some of those young Trick Williams types, he's literally just a guy on the show making more money than the rest of his peers lol...

homie around to have solid wrestling matches on the developmental show a fraction of WWE's audience actually watches while making a main roster salary. Realistically, did you really expected WWE to renew that contract once it was up?

if we really looking at the benefit of having dude around, he's a net minus business wise. anyone making main roster bread in NXT is losing the company money at that point. His contract is up, now he can go do what he does best and make an extra buck because he has the "former WWE star" jacket. he'll be iight. He's talented, im sure he'll raise his stock wherever he goes next but lets be real.. he was never sticking around past that contract lol..

and for the people who will say "but KKKarion Kross"... yeah, wait til that nikkas contract is up. don't be shocked and talking about how bad they fumbled all of a sudden when his shyt isn't renewed either
I was with you until you said KKKross. Nobody will call him a fumble when he's gone. We want that cabron out of the paint!
:camby:

Larry

Indiana's Finest
Daps
I was with you until you said KKKross. Nobody will call him a fumble when he's gone. We want that cabron out of the paint!
:camby:

:lolbron:

I guarantee when Kross doesn't get renewed you'll see dudes on social media come outta the woodworks talking about how they failed ol boy. it never fails. we had dudes saying they fumbled Cameron Grimes of all people

Rollie Forbes

Drapetomaniac.
Daps
Problem is the Japanese dollar isn't what it used to be.

He goes to NJ and he becomes an upper mid carder to main eventer
He goes to TNA he becomes a main eventer with the possibility of coming back to WWE
He goes to AEW and he'll get lost because the roster is still full, unless Tony Kahn decides to do a hard split of the roster.
TNA & AEW would both snatch up Dijak with the quickness. He just needs to decide whether being in TNA's main event, or getting a free biweekly direct deposit from the Khans is more important to him.

Rollie Forbes

Drapetomaniac.
Daps

I guarantee when Kross doesn't get renewed you'll see dudes on social media come outta the woodworks talking about how they failed ol boy. it never fails. we had dudes saying they fumbled Cameron Grimes of all people
Nobody in the Black Delegation would miss Kross or Grimes. We saw their old tweets.
:mjpls:

Rell84shots

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX

NXT still has the best weekly show despite being "picked clean".

That's because people still don't understand what a fumble really means. Fumbles negatively affect your company, and the perfect example of that is WCW with Stone Cold. WWE hasn't fumbled anyone yet, but Dijak is an example of being clueless about booking. I'd rather watch Dijak than New Wack Republic.

8WON6

The Great Negro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kansas City, MO.
I'm willing to bet there's more to the story with Dijak. I can't see a scenario where WWE just said "we all of a sudden don't see value in you". I could have seen him fitting in as a Bronson Reed type of guy. Having decent tv matches and getting the occasional IC/US title match.