2023-24 Contract Season: Odyssey Jones removed from WWE TV/online roster over domestic abuse allegations; Gisele Shaw granted release from TNA

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
What's that based on? Him being able to do more moves?

Rey is the greatest high flyer ever by a wide margin
Nobody has been as relevant for as long without having been relegated to the Cruiserweight/Jr. Heavyweight division
Rey Mysterio just headlined Raw against the WHC Priest just this past week, 25 years after he headlined Nitro against WCW Champion Flair
Being more impressive and giving me more memorable high flying moments.

Actually in that case it would probably be AJ with Ricochet after. But I think Ricochet can do more unbelievable shyt than AJ, AJ just has much better psychology when doing those types of moves.

Larry

Indiana's Finest
Daps

We pretend Cesaro was a monstrous flop in WWE but in reality he had an arguable hall of fame worthy career. The Bar is one of the best tag teams of all time, and won like 7 world tag team titles on top of it.

He never got the big singles push we wanted but we gotta stop pretending he did nothing. Yall talk about Claudio’s WWE run like he was Justin Credible or some shyt

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
Fightful is backing PWI’s reporting so that’s 2-1 in favor against Dave’s reporting

Ricochet is very likely leaving WWE, and the company is preparing as if he is.
Fightul reported recently that Ricochet’s WWE deal was winding down, and there was heavy interest in outside companies globally. On June 8, PWInsider reported that Ricochet gave his notice to the company. While we can’t specifically confirm that, we’re told within WWE that there is a “high likelihood” that Ricochet leaves the company, and they expect him to land in AEW.
We’re told that creative measures have already been taken to write off Ricochet in the event that he does leave. Part of that was him dropping the WWE Speed Championship to Andrade at this past week’s Smackdown tapings. However, we were told by sources in WWE creative that there are already other pitches on the table to effectively write Ricochet off WWE TV if needed. We were told that among those includes a creative plan pitched for Raw that would see Bron Breakker take Ricochet out. As with all creative plans, they can and often are changed, particularly when reported about.
AEW staff and talent backstage this past week were talking about the possibility of Ricochet joining the company. We haven't heard that there had been official talks of the sort. Ricochet is still under contract with WWE, and we're told that nothing is an impossibility, but as of Friday, all indications were that he'd decided to leave the company.
In addition to AEW, we’re told that NJPW is expected to be interested in Ricochet as well.
We're working to confirm when Ricochet's contract is actually up, and will hopefully have an update.

mannyrs13

Compound Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Focusville, USA
I feel that it's difficult comparing Ricochet to Rey. Especially with how the high flying aspect has evolved thru the years, not to mention their size differences.

Rey def was able to use his height and skills to his advantage but the luchadors who came after him were able to up their game more after seeing him do it. They learned and then added their own twists while taking more risks. Of course Rey already at an age where doing stuff like that isn't possible or as much. Also depends on his opponents thru out history. Cuz WWE isn't really known for that high flying style so it often limits those who do it from fully showcasing their skills.

It's like any sport with time. There are legends but then the next generation just ups the ante. Perfect example is basketball. Big case can be made for Jordan being the GOAT, but then LeBron came thru and put himself as lot of people's choice. Not to mention all the other big stars in the league. Not just players like Lebron but younger stars like Luka and Ant who could be the future of the league and possibly even passing Jordan depending on how their career go.

Everything changes over time. Athletes and wrestlers we see today may not be ranked as high in 5, 10, or 20 years.

Daps
Reppin
Eagle, Colorado
We're talking specifically about their high flying ability....
I get that. I think I’m questioning the value of being able to do flips in wrestling absent psychology.

I think he'd probably win the flippy guy/high flyer combine, but I don't know if that necessarily makes him the second-best ever. :manny:

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
I get that. I think I’m questioning the value of being able to do flips in wrestling absent psychology.

I think he'd probably win the flippy guy/high flyer combine, but I don't know if that necessarily makes him the second-best ever. :manny:
You could make your arguments, That's just my opinion

Rell84shots

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
I feel that it's difficult comparing Ricochet to Rey. Especially with how the high flying aspect has evolved thru the years, not to mention their size differences.

Rey def was able to use his height and skills to his advantage but the luchadors who came after him were able to up their game more after seeing him do it. They learned and then added their own twists while taking more risks. Of course Rey already at an age where doing stuff like that isn't possible or as much. Also depends on his opponents thru out history. Cuz WWE isn't really known for that high flying style so it often limits those who do it from fully showcasing their skills.

It's like any sport with time. There are legends but then the next generation just ups the ante. Perfect example is basketball. Big case can be made for Jordan being the GOAT, but then LeBron came thru and put himself as lot of people's choice. Not to mention all the other big stars in the league. Not just players like Lebron but younger stars like Luka and Ant who could be the future of the league and possibly even passing Jordan depending on how their career go

Everything changes over time. Athletes and wrestlers we see today may not be ranked as high in 5, 10, or 20 years.
You were doing so well :mjlol:

mannyrs13

Compound Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Focusville, USA
You were doing so well :mjlol:

I seen plenty of discourse online how Jordan was playing against much weaker talent compared to today's game. Thing about sports is that nobody knows what can happen. That's just how history goes. Records are meant to be broken. At one time Babe Ruth was considered the best baseball player of all time and now there are a few others who could make a case for like Bonds or Aaron. History changes everything.

krazykid18

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
ricochet better be taking Samantha with him or else he will be crying a year from now about how she left him

• Haha
Reactions: Him