2023-24 Contract Season: Odyssey Jones removed from WWE TV/online roster over domestic abuse allegations; Gisele Shaw granted release from TNA

br82186

Superstar
Daps
Everyone is World Champion material according to Twitter
I also don't see what the big deal is with the Zelina Vega pairing. If you can't get over without a valet than maybe it's not you who's actually over
The pairing fits, but on the M.R. neither are over and in AEW, Jose the assistant was more over than him.

Mr. Brown

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Miami
He is a name imo. This not Ethan Page
If guys like Samoa Joe and Bobby Roode started in NXT, there’s no reason Ricky Starks can’t. They were on national tv with TNA for years.

That’s not even mentioning guys like Owens, Nakamura, Balor, Cole and others that were bigger “names” than Starks albeit not on US tv.

I like Starks but he’s better off being in the main event picture of NXT for a while instead of being in the midcard right now.

The only exception would be if Cody was going to start a Nightmare Family stable to help him against the Bloodline

DoubleJ13

Smooth sailing from here on out...
Daps
Reppin
Thunder/TSC
Since there is manager talk happening here, I just want to take this opportunity to say that I hate that dude paired with Penta. He doesn't fit with Penta at all & is annoying.

firemanBk

The Manslayer
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
If guys like Samoa Joe and Bobby Roode started in NXT, there’s no reason Ricky Starks can’t. They were on national tv with TNA for years.

That’s not even mentioning guys like Owens, Nakamura, Balor, Cole and others that were bigger “names” than Starks albeit not on US tv.

I like Starks but he’s better off being in the main event picture of NXT for a while instead of being in the midcard right now.

The only exception would be if Cody was going to start a Nightmare Family stable to help him against the Bloodline
I think people worry about his age too much and assume time is running out for some reason
He's 34, that's not that really old at all
Priest and LA Knight (who are both over 40) have shown that if they think you've got the talent and you're not moving around like a stiff they don't mind investing in older talent

Finn Baller

Superstar
Daps
Since there is manager talk happening here, I just want to take this opportunity to say that I hate that dude paired with Penta. He doesn't fit with Penta at all & is annoying.

You mean you don’t like a middle aged man in gloves running around like a fan that won a radio contest?

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
I think people worry about his age too much and assume time is running out for some reason
Priest and LA Knight (who are both over 40) have shown that if they think you've got the talent and you're not moving around like a stiff they don't mind investing in older talent
There's nothing wrong with older talent as long as they can be entertaining - like Punk, Sheamus, Christian, Copeland/Edge, etc.

It's the guys like fukking Jericho I have a problem with, but his quarters keep seeing ratings increases so maybe I just don't get it with him.

And Starks isn't even in the older category yet. He's still got one more long-term contract to go before he gets in that wrong side of 40 age range where it becomes a bit more of an unpredictable situation with how the body will hold up. But the schedules aren't as grueling as they used to be anymore, so that helps a lot.

White City Black

Ol’ Basquiat head ass
Daps
Reppin
Chicago's South Shore

Lowkey I can see Starks copping that NXT heavyweight title during his run

That’s their third brand that’s getting an even better look once they’re on CW. I see nothing wrong with Ricky starting there and becoming one of their top stars

Make him out as an even bigger deal once he hits main

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
Once you hit mid 30s though that’s kind of the time where you need to take the WWE deal if you want to go there because that might be your last chance.

Sure you can point to a guy like LA Knight as a guy who was older and it worked out, but LA Knight is the exception. How many guys have WWE really invested any in at that age with no previous experience in the WWE system?

35-year-old Ricky Starks is a no brainer hire for them. 40-year-old Ricky Starks though? He might still be a good hire but it certainly comes with more risk and much less long-term chances for return on investment.

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
Once you hit mid 30s though that’s kind of the time where you need to take the WWE deal if you want to go there because that might be your last chance.

Sure you can point to a guy like LA Knight as a guy who was older and it worked out, but LA Knight is the exception. How many guys have WWE really invested any in at that age with no previous experience in the WWE system?

35-year-old Ricky Starks is a no brainer hire for them. 40-year-old Ricky Starks though? He might still be a good hire but it certainly comes with more risk and much less long-term chances for return on investment.

:troll:

Rollie Forbes

Drapetomaniac.
Daps
DDP and Batista also didn't hit the big time until they were what some would consider old and washed.
Wrestlers are like baseball players; if they take care of their bodies, they can work as long as they want.
On the bad side, Chris Jericho took good care of his body. :francis:

OneDeep

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New Orleans
DDP and Batista also didn't hit the big time until they were what some would consider old and washed.
Wrestlers are like baseball players; if they take care of their bodies, they can work as long as they want.
On the bad side, Chris Jericho took good care of his body. :francis:
When you look at how Christian Edge or even how Sting moved than look at Jericho :skip: