2023-24 Contract Season: Odyssey Jones removed from WWE TV/online roster over domestic abuse allegations; Gisele Shaw granted release from TNA

Lannister

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Starks would be fine in NXT, but I can see him getting lost in the shuffle quick on the main roster.

Let's be honest, the only thing he really has that could make him stand out are his mic skills. Dude's look screams midcarder/jobber. He looks like Christopher "Kid" Reid with a six pack.

Hey_zeus

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Starks would be fine in NXT, but I can see him getting lost in the shuffle quick on the main roster.

Let's be honest, the only thing he really has that could make him stand out are his mic skills. Dude's look screams midcarder/jobber. He looks like Christopher "Kid" Reid with a six pack.
I like Ricky but he looks like the indy version someone cosplaying the Rock.

Easy-E

I 💗My Tribal Chief
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO/VA/Nashville
Being 30-40 is different now

Most guys now take care of themselves & are more healthy

It’s how AJ can still go at a high level even at his age

Same with Sheamus & LA Knight

The ageism went away with Vince
:beli:

images

Biology hasn't changed, Testosterone tanks at 40.

Those guys are the exception, not the rule.

Look at CM Punk, who "takes care of himself" and took like 7 years off.

Timestamped (Steriod question answered by mXm)

Killah Ray

Carolina hail to thee....
Daps
Would be an L for him to doubt on NXT and thats my favorite E product.
How? Have you seen how thin that men’s roster is there? He has a great chance to become nXt champion by the end of the year…then make him a surprise Rumble entrant and have him get drafted next year would be a good look for him…

Vεnεficα

All Star
Daps
It's crazy that gave Charlotte the largest contract and not Becky to begin with. Becky did far more for WWE than Charlotte has and ever will. She cooled off significantly and doesn't have the same momentum she did a few years back, she should still get paid more though :yeshrug:

Killah Ray

Carolina hail to thee....
Daps
It's crazy that gave Charlotte the largest contract and not Becky to begin with. Becky did far more for WWE than Charlotte has and ever will. She cooled off significantly and doesn't have the same momentum she did a few years back, she should still get paid more though :yeshrug:
We’re in an era where every new signing will be the new largest contract ever. Just look at the NFL, every big name that signs an extension has broken the record for their position.

Reality Check

Keepin' it 100
Daps

Can thank the writing staff for making her reliant on being a champion. Don't think she's legitimately had an angle people remember that didn't involve her winning a title.

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Can thank the writing staff for making her reliant on being a champion. Don't think she's legitimately had an angle people remember that didn't involve her winning a title.

It's like a bunch of people that just read bullet points of Ric Flair's career, took "Was champion a lot" as almost the entire takeaway, and decide to model her career after it. None of the compelling storylines or rivalries built around him keeping the title, or anything like that. Ol' girl had been champion a crazy amount of times, and all I can remember talking about with any of those reigns is when she went over someone else who could've used the win under the guise of "But her character needs the title."

Reality Check

Keepin' it 100
Daps
It's like a bunch of people that just read bullet points of Ric Flair's career, took "Was champion a lot" as almost the entire takeaway, and decide to model her career after it. None of the compelling storylines or rivalries built around him keeping the title, or anything like that. Ol' girl had been champion a crazy amount of times, and all I can remember talking about with any of those reigns is when she went over someone else who could've used the win under the guise of "But her character needs the title."

I'm not a fan of Charlotte, but she's someone that desperately needs a change of scenery to make her interesting again.

Finn Baller

Superstar
Daps

was she the champion when they did the storyline with Ric and Lacey Evans? I remember that one mostly because Lacey fukked it all up by getting pregnant for real

CBoz

We Are NXT!
Daps
Reppin
The NXT Universe
was she the champion when they did the storyline with Ric and Lacey Evans? I remember that one mostly because Lacey fukked it all up by getting pregnant for real
Asuka was Raw champ at the time. Feb 15, 2021 is when that segment aired. Lacey confirmed in a CVV interview she would have taken the title off Asuka at EC, which was just a week later and would have likely faced Charlotte at WM 37. It ultimately ended up being Asuka vs Rhea with Rhea winning the Raw title.

Last edited: