2023-24 Contract Season: Odyssey Jones removed from WWE TV/online roster over domestic abuse allegations; Gisele Shaw granted release from TNA

Novembruh

Nah.
Daps
Reppin
The Bay
Santos > Andrade in... literally everything but but gas usage :hubie:
Work, promo, aura, look, long-term potential. All of it.

Given her type and proclivities, I'd say Andrade better watch Charlotte when she get back but Santos seems like he has his shyt together too much to even get a second look from Flair :mjlol: Well-adjusted Mexican man who can properly pronounce words and won't crash out into a Montana Mountain like Del Rio did? Push Esco up the card goddammit

TheGreatShowtime

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Swamp
Andrade not happy?

okay-okay-how-you-know.gif

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
Now some of you guys are back to pretending to care about Andrade? You wanted him gone a little while ago. :pachaha:

The truth is he's never been happy anywhere but stans of both AEW/WWE thought he'd be happier on their shows.... he will never be happy unless he's pushed as a main eventer and he's not that guy

firemanBk

The Manslayer
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Santos > Andrade in... literally everything but but gas usage :hubie:
Work, promo, aura, look, long-term potential. All of it.

Given her type and proclivities, I'd say Andrade better watch Charlotte when she get back but Santos seems like he has his shyt together too much to even get a second look from Flair :mjlol: Well-adjusted Mexican man who can properly pronounce words and won't crash out into a Montana Mountain like Del Rio did? Push Esco up the card goddammit
Santos ain't that nice sorry bro
Gotta get in better shape to me
To me, if you have guys that are undersized, they gotta at least get in really great shape and he's just in decent shape

Novembruh

Nah.
Daps
Reppin
The Bay
Santos ain't that nice sorry bro
Gotta get in better shape to me
he's in better shape than most of the other lucha-adjacent people without being clearly on HGH/etc. Hell, he's in noticeably better shape than when he was in LU as King Cuerno.

That said, he doesn't need to be Balor-shredded for what he does and how he works. Him being a self-impressed heel usually works better if he isn't in all-world shape.
I get what you mean though. my point was more like...

If Andrade was Santos' size, he'd be in the Gravity-tier in AEW waiting to let Big Bill MAGABoot him to death.
If Santos was Andrade's size, he'd be in the main event.

I just think Santos at his size ends up near the main event sooner than Andrade does at his size, just because everything else is so slanted in Santos' favor to succeed :yeshrug:

Novembruh

Nah.
Daps
Reppin
The Bay

He's not wrong :whoa:
but seems like brodie need to open his eyes.
But all the black folk work the other black folk, as well. It isn't a localized problem to la raza. But it IS a problem.

I'm personally more annoyed by the other side of that coin. The fact that they are grouping them all together like this just to be better able to package their targeted marketing for advertizers. See: Mania and the black women's match being sponsored by Wingstop and the latinx match being sponsored by Agua Fresca.

I'm less concerned about racial disparity than I am racial disparity driven by capitalism. Because if there's money in it, it will not change.
And it needs to.

Rell84shots

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
but seems like brodie need to open his eyes.
But all the black folk work the other black folk, as well. It isn't a localized problem to la raza. But it IS a problem.

I'm personally more annoyed by the other side of that coin. The fact that they are grouping them all together like this just to be better able to package their targeted marketing for advertizers. See: Mania and the black women's match being sponsored by Wingstop and the latinx match being sponsored by Agua Fresca.

I'm less concerned about racial disparity than I am racial disparity driven by capitalism. Because if there's money in it, it will not change.
And it needs to.
Are you against all black stables? Because I love seeing black wrestlers link up, especially since we get beat over the head with all white stables all the time.

Novembruh

Nah.
Daps
Reppin
The Bay
Are you against all black stables? Because I love seeing black wrestlers link up, especially since we get beat over the head with all white stables all the time.
Not against them at all.
I love me some black empowerment on wrestling. Almost BECAUSE of it's notoriously white, conservative fanbase. Them being forced to sit there and watch black folk be dominant together and not try and attribute all the success to the one white face in the group.

I literally know people who say the NOD wouldn't have worked without Owen :snoop:

but I... let's say this. I don't want more than one per show, because if there are, they will inevitably end up in each other's gravitational rotation for all of time. Like the endless LWO/LDF feud. Or Melo getting called up and immediately put opposite of Lashley.

That said... I'm pro-faction as a whole. Maybe it's residual from my ill-spent youth but seeing someone jump into a set and run with they peoples makes me happy. Even if it's not they skinfolk - I loves me some wrestling built on squads. I think WWE has a terrible track record of making stables that aren't a single race and letting the 'leader' of it not be the white one.

Only 'leader' of a faction lately that isn't white but his group has white folk in it is Priest. And he had to get there by basically being a Tio Tom to anyone who can roll their Rs.