2023-24 Contract Season: Odyssey Jones removed from WWE TV/online roster over domestic abuse allegations; Gisele Shaw granted release from TNA

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
That was the point of my post. If Tony Khan can't get the name/character that people care about, then he shouldn't bring her in.
Even if she had the name, most of them aren't going to care because it's not WWE. Look at all them million of Mercedes followers on social media, hasn't done shyt for AEW. Some of them tuned in for one week and that was it, didn't even really give it a chance.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
Even if she had the name, most of them aren't going to care because it's not WWE. Look at all them million of Mercedes followers on social media, hasn't done shyt for AEW. Some of them tuned in for one week and that was it, didn't even really give it a chance.

Two highest segments of the week were Mercedes and one of which was in the second hour which NEVER happens.... Now, I will agree that the ratings overall have been "mid" since before she got there and after but that's the trend with AEW and only better creative/booking will help that.

She's helped with ratings and attendance where she can but no one person can do it by themselves.

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
Two highest segments of the week were Mercedes and one of which was in the second hour which NEVER happens.... Now, I will agree that the ratings overall have been "mid" since before she got there and after but that's the trend with AEW and only better creative/booking will help that.

She's helped with ratings and attendance where she can but no one person can do it by themselves.
Yeah, but that second hour segment didn't even draw 800K.

She has 2.5 million Twitter followers and 6.4 million Instagram followers. If even just like 10-15% of her Twitter followers tuned in for her segments, she'd be doing a million+ quarters. She has had a negligible effect on ratings on every episode after her debut.

Her "fans" just don't give a shyt about her outside of WWE. And that's pretty much been the case for every ex-WWE guy other than CM Punk, and his drawing effect was becoming increasingly less the longer he stayed.

All these ex-WWE talents built up their fanbase largely on WWE fans who simply just don't care if any wrestling exists outside of the WWE universe.

Rollie Forbes

Drapetomaniac.
Daps
We're saying the same thing. Fans will tune in weekly for Edge and Sasha Banks.
Adam Copeland & Mercedes? Not so much.
Fans don't want wrestlers, they want characters that they know & care about.

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
We're saying the same thing. Fans will tune in weekly for Edge and Sasha Banks.
Adam Copeland & Mercedes? Not so much.
Fans don't want wrestlers, they want characters that they know & care about.
It may amount to the same conclusion - fans don't give a shyt - but it's entirely different reasoning.

Rollie Forbes

Drapetomaniac.
Daps
They are both the same result worded in a different fashion, which comes as the result of a process.
No. Creation is always the process, which in turns yields a result.
You create an embryo, which yields a child.
God created Heaven and Earth, which yielded our land & sky.
The process of mixing lemons, sugar, & water yields lemonade.
The end result and the process aren't the same thing.
Interesting characters are the result of good writing, the characters themselves are not the process.

Larry

Indiana's Finest
Daps
Can you cite a post where someone on here said any of those people are leaving? Or a post where someone says Becky is leaving?:mjgrin:

Question, what about my post made you think I was talking to you or the coli?

“most of these people aren’t leaving but the “Is All Elite” crowd is gonna have fun with this. They didn’t learn from Drew.. or Seth.. or Finn”

That’s my post, my words verbatim. Again. What made you think that’s about you or anyone here.

:heh:

I think 90% of the forum knows who my “is all elite” comment is about. WE all know there’s a pocket of the IWC who thinks everyone in WWE that isn’t the focal point of the show can’t wait to get to AEW and vice versa.. and they photoshop them corny ass graphics every time

The IWC is bigger than the 60 posters on this site

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
No. Creation is always the process, which in turns yields a result.
You create an embryo, which yields a child.
God created Heaven and Earth, which yielded our land & sky.
The process of mixing lemons, sugar, & water yields lemonade.
The end result and the process aren't the same thing.
Interesting characters are the result of good writing, the characters themselves are not the process.
Creating popular characters that draw a larger, more devoted fanbase is the end result of a creative process.

But we're basically arguing over semantics at this point.

Results are well and good, but if you don't create a process that can replicate the results, then you're operating an inefficient business that consumers can't trust.