2023-24 Contract Season: Odyssey Jones removed from WWE TV/online roster over domestic abuse allegations; Gisele Shaw granted release from TNA

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
Jinder Mahal winning the WWE title is still one of the most oddest things to happen in the 2010s. I couldn’t even simulate that result in WWE2K.
What makes it weirder is the stated reason (according to Fightful) for the recent releases is that they hadn’t progressed enough for how long they have been around.

Like y’all booked Jinder as the top champ in the company.

The TOP champion.

The same fukking belt whose lineage includes Cody, Roman, Lesnar, Lashley, Orton, Danielson, Styles, Cena, Ambrose, Rollins, HHH, Rock, Punk, Batista, Edge, Angle, Eddie G, Undertaker, Hogan, Jericho, Stone Cold, Mankind, Shawn Michaels, Hitman, Nash, Flair, Savage, Andre the Giant, Billy Graham, Sammartino, Buddy Rogers

A veritable who’s who of wrestlers in North American history

And y’all are telling people he hadn’t progressed enough to even be offered a contract? Why put arguably the most prestigious belt in wrestling history on him then?!

Rollie Forbes

Drapetomaniac.
Daps
He’s not getting any run in AEW and he wants it. So I can’t blame him for being unhappy. But at the same time, who you sitting to get him run unless you make him be one of the jobbers?
Since he wants to wrestle so badly, I'd have Danhausen pulling weekly triple duty on Rampage, Collision, and ROH. No Dynamite, no ppvs.
I'd shorten a few of the weekly "bangers" so Danhausen can get beat up for 5 minutes each show that he's on. That would be his "run".

King Kai

Supporter
Daps
What makes it weirder is the stated reason (according to Fightful) for the recent releases is that they hadn’t progressed enough for how long they have been around.

The TOP champion.

The same fukking belt whose lineage includes Cody, Roman, Lesnar, Lashley, Orton, Danielson, Styles, Cena, Ambrose, Rollins, HHH, Rock, Punk, Batista, Edge, Angle, Eddie G, Undertaker, Hogan, Jericho, Stone Cold, Mankind, Shawn Michaels, Hitman, Nash, Flair, Savage, Andre the Giant, Billy Graham, Sammartino, Buddy Rogers

And y’all are telling people he hadn’t progressed enough to even be offered a contract? Why put arguably the most prestigious belt in wrestling history on him then?!
I don't think anybody cares that Jinder is a former champ just like they didn't give a damn that Jack Swaggar was a former world champ.

They can still get endeavored. :demonic:

Pull Up the Roots

I have a good time when I go out of my mind..
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Jinder Mahal winning the WWE title is still one of the most oddest things to happen in the 2010s. I couldn’t even simulate that result in WWE2K.
2017 was the year where they were trying to make a hard push into the Indian market. I guess they figured the best way to do that was to put the title on him. It made sense within that context. Outside of it, it was an awful idea.

firemanBk

The Manslayer
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn

The TOP champion.

The people who booked him to win that title aren't with the company anymore :heh:
Even then, he was always treated as a complete jobber before and after that title run
It was also 7 years ago so whatever

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
2017 was the year where they were trying to make a hard push into the Indian market. I guess they figured the best way to do that was to put the title on him. It made sense within that context. Outside of it, it was an awful idea.
They were also just trying a lot of things those two years good and bad after the brand split.

Naomi had her title runs and Mania win
Mox had a title run
AJ got his title run
Bray had his first title run
Alexa got hers
Usos really found themselves
Strowman grew up and became a singles star/Had a great feud with Roman
etc.

Was just good and fresh seeing new people get a chance to shine. Was still a lot of terrible shyt then but SD in 2016-2017 was pretty good for the most part and logical.