2023-24 Contract Season: Odyssey Jones removed from WWE TV/online roster over domestic abuse allegations; Gisele Shaw granted release from TNA

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
We are talking about the same thing which is: expansion. JCP was trying to expand even if it was more lowkey. I know what Vince did. My point is that a lot of the promoters wanted to do the same thing and if Vince flopped... they would have all tried to take a piece of New York.

I'm not taking anyone's side... and I'm not saying what TK is doing is "different" ... but when you brought up New Japan. Think about what happened. New Japan's parent company had a terrible year financially and they cannot pay Okada, Shibata, Mercedes, Giulia, Ospreay, White etc...

What were the performers supposed to do? They are going to go where the money is which is only WWE and AEW. Those are the only two games in town where those performers can get the money they deserve. What else did you expect to happen there?
i just have no idea why you brought up JCP when we're comparing vince's tactics and TK's tactics. As long as you see them being pretty much the same thing, okay. They are.

And this:
Think about what happened. New Japan's parent company had a terrible year financially and they cannot pay Okada, Shibata, Mercedes, Giulia, Ospreay, White etc...
was literally vince's business model. Replace "New Japan" with AWA, Portland, Etc, and okada with hogan, Shibata with savage, Guilia with Mean Gene, Osprey with Savage, etc

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
Or dudes just be caping and don’t call things the same on both sides…
This argument isn’t valid when it’s the same people shaking their fists at anything TK does. You’ve been here long enough to know who’s who. :skip:

I don’t get the whole “raiding” hard on yall try to put out there. If you’re offered a job with more pay and a work schedule that fits you you’re gonna take it. :comeon:

if you have that same energy to 80s vince that you do to TK, in either direction, then I have no problem with that position pause :hubie:

And why was ROH basically dead :comeon: don't be dense
I don’t give a shyt what Vince did since it was before my time.

Dead or basically dead, that’s irrelevant to the point you tried to make.

• Dap
Reactions: 907
Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
This argument isn’t valid when it’s the same people shaking their fists at anything TK does. You’ve been here long enough to know who’s who. :skip:

I don’t get the whole “raiding” hard on yall try to put out there. If you’re offered a job with more pay and a work schedule that fits you you’re gonna take it. :comeon:

I don’t give a shyt what Vince did since it was before my time.

Dead or basically dead, that’s irrelevant to the point you tried to make.
it was LITERALLY my point but you can't be wrong so i'm gonna keep it moving lol. argue like children brehs

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile

At least I was the one that started the raiding narrative regarding TK and New Japan. And I did so because everytime something like this happens (and bigger promotions depletes another company's roster and puts them in a position to fail by doing so) we all talk about how fukked up that situation was for the losing promotion, regardless of how an obvious decision it was for the wrestler to take a better offer.

TK doing this is the first time when I've seen so many people jump in the bigger promotion's defense (AEW in this case) because they offer bigger pay.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
And you gotta stop with the fake narrative that New Japan was not offering money to people. They are paying everyone and even paying Dolph to work for them. They just don't have enough to compete with national U.S promotions and as long as the TV money is there, they wont ever be capable of competing with them.

It's not a fake narrative man....come on now. You think Okada would be leaving if NJPW was paying him what he really deserves? You think Mercedes wanted her New Japan/Stardom venture to be so brief? They can't wait around and see if NJPW can get their money up.... They have to look elsewhere.

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
It's not a fake narrative man....come on now. You think Okada would be leaving if NJPW was paying him what he really deserves? You think Mercedes wanted her New Japan/Stardom venture to be so brief? They can't wait around and see if NJPW can get their money up.... They have to look elsewhere.
That's very different from saying "they have no money" or that "New Japan said they have nothing".

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
At least I was the one that started the raiding narrative regarding TK and New Japan. And I did so because everytime something like this happens (and bigger promotions depletes another company's roster and puts them in a position to fail by doing so) we all talk about how fukked up that situation was for the losing promotion, regardless of how an obvious decision it was for the wrestler to take a better offer.

TK doing this is the first time when I've seen so many people jump in the bigger promotion's defense (AEW in this case) because they offer bigger pay.
Even when Trips “raided” ROH talent there wasn’t big talk about it. I remember reading some posts here and there in different threads, but nothing to make a splash in conversation.

Like I said, I don’t give a shyt about what Vince did, nor Trips, nor TK. This is a business and people, the wrestlers especially, gotta make money. You do what you gotta do to survive.

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
There's not a lot that can come from arguing semantics.. All of those wrestlers were looking to leave for more money. TK and Hunter would be foolish to not pay them if they can help their bottom line.
I've always been defensive when people misconstrue the happenings in Japanese wrestling :manny: which why point this whole time has been how different people react to what's going on with AEW and New Japan compared to other situations when a bigger promotions do the same type of thing, regardless of how logical and obvious those move were. Just pointing out how different the discourse is.