2023-24 Contract Season: Odyssey Jones removed from WWE TV/online roster over domestic abuse allegations; Gisele Shaw granted release from TNA

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
Vince raided the territories and it was a problem.

Tony Khan do it and it’s

friday-movie-that-was-different.gif

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
How can he raid and kill ROH when it was basically dead when he bought it? :dead:

Big bank take little bank. Way of the world.

Funny yall wanna blame TK when it’s the talent who has final word. How dare they take more money and less work dates.

no one would be saying shyt if Okada went to the E tho. :sas1:
if you have that same energy to 80s vince that you do to TK, in either direction, then I have no problem with that position pause :hubie:

And why was ROH basically dead :comeon: don't be dense

Silkk

Daps
NJPW had no money... If some of the talent had signed to WWE instead we would be discussing how those two promotions were "raided" ?

In fact, Owens, Zayn, Seth Rollins, Punk, Danielson, etc. were all under WWE contract at the same time. All ROH regulars. Did WWE raid ROH? I don't even remember that being a thing.
So you don’t ever remember people talking about how NXT “raided” ROH…. :comeon:

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
I can't really speak on that since I didn't live through it or at least I was too young to be aware. To me, Crockett kind of played himself, don't you think?

I do think McMahon was raiding some promotions but wasn't Crockett attempting to do the same thing? They spent a lot of money on that UWF shyt from Watts and while they did get Sting out of the deal... for the most part that was very costly and a failure.

I can't blame Vince just because he accomplished what other promoters were actively attempting to do..
yeah...you don't know your history because I'm not even talking about JCP

Silkk

Daps
Am I missing something here? Did y'all know each other back in the 80's when Vince was raiding territories? Has anyone on here ever had a discussion about Vince raiding the territories? :pachaha:
Im just saying call a spade a spade :yeshrug:

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
yeah...you don't know your history because I'm not even talking about JCP

What are you talking about "I don't know my history..." JCP bought UWF and it was a failure. JCP and WWF were both trying to step on each other's toes for several years and Crockett played himself because they spent too much money on transactions and other shyt that didn't get them anywhere.

This was all happening around the same time. I just said I don't blame Vince because all of those promoters wanted to expand to some degree.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
Meant in general/For everybody

I think if given the opportunity all of those promoters were basically wanting to do the same thing. JCP wasn't some tiny little promotion, they had cable...they were getting a crazy amount of viewers each week. They didn't travel much but eventually they did down to Miami and then up to Chicago...

If the UWF thing with Crockett worked out and Vince fumbled WrestleMania and all the risks he took, I can say pretty confidently that JCP and these other promoters would have been trying to get into New York.

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
Am I missing something here? Did y'all know each other back in the 80's when Vince was raiding territories? Has anyone on here ever had a discussion about Vince raiding the territories? :pachaha:

What are you talking about "I don't know my history..." JCP bought UWF and it was a failure. JCP and WWF were both trying to step on each other's toes for several years and Crockett played himself because they spent too much money on transactions and other shyt that didn't get them anywhere.

This was all happening around the same time. I just said I don't blame Vince because all of those promoters wanted to expand to some degree.
the general consensus is that Vince did bad business and double cross promoters across the country betraying Vince Sr's word, and raided territories to build Rock N Wrestling, and collapsed them. He then often hired their promoters too.

Wrestlemania is built on the back of AWA, Houston Wrestling, Stampede, Portland Wrestling, and a couple others like ICW, and NWA Hollywood. Vince is labeled as a predator and that he starved out many of those territories by buying their tv time, taking stars, and buying the companies at lower value after taking their biggest stars. Hulkamania was an AWA creation.

Outside of the TV time slot piece, how is that any different from what TK did to ROH, or what they're slowly doing to NJPW?

you don't know your history because you think i'm talking about JCP, whatsoever. I'm not.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
the general consensus is that Vince did bad business and double cross promoters across the country betraying Vince Sr's word, and raided territories to build Rock N Wrestling, and collapsed them. He then often hired their promoters too.

Wrestlemania is built on the back of AWA, Houston Wrestling, Stampede, Portland Wrestling, and a couple others like ICW, and NWA Hollywood. Vince is labeled as a predator and that he starved out many of those territories by buying their tv time, taking stars, and buying the companies at lower value after taking their biggest stars. Hulkamania was an AWA creation.

Outside of the TV time slot piece, how is that any different from what TK did to ROH, or what they're slowly doing to NJPW?

you don't know your history because you think i'm talking about JCP, whatsoever. I'm not.

We are talking about the same thing which is: expansion. JCP was trying to expand even if it was more lowkey. I know what Vince did. My point is that a lot of the promoters wanted to do the same thing and if Vince flopped... they would have all tried to take a piece of New York.

I'm not taking anyone's side... and I'm not saying what TK is doing is "different" ... but when you brought up New Japan. Think about what happened. New Japan's parent company had a terrible year financially and they cannot pay Okada, Shibata, Mercedes, Giulia, Ospreay, White etc...

What were the performers supposed to do? They are going to go where the money is which is only WWE and AEW. Those are the only two games in town where those performers can get the money they deserve. What else did you expect to happen there?

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
NJPW had no money... If some of the talent had signed to WWE instead we would be discussing how those two promotions were "raided" ?

In fact, Owens, Zayn, Seth Rollins, Punk, Danielson, etc. were all under WWE contract at the same time. All ROH regulars. Did WWE raid ROH? I don't even remember that being a thing.
1.- Yes, if WWE signed White, Ospreay and Okada there would be talks about how HHH was "killing" New Japan and how WWE couldn't help but destroy territories.

And you gotta stop with the fake narrative that New Japan was not offering money to people. They are paying everyone and even paying Dolph to work for them. They just don't have enough to compete with national U.S promotions and as long as the TV money is there, they wont ever be capable of competing with them.

2.- All those hirings happened in very different time frames. Punk left in 2005, Danielson in 2009, Seth in 2011, Zayn in 2013, Owens in 2014 and Cole in 2017. All them became bigger players in ROH when the other one left (except for Owens who was in the middle of his run when Sami left. Before 2015, people saw ROH as a farming league for WWE. After 2015, people DID critize WWE for raiding ROH and other indies and blamed HHH for wanting the create a "super indy" with NXT and compete with them by taking their top talents just like Vince did in the 80's. If you don't remember those narratives, the search button and google can help you out :manny: