2023-24 Contract Season: Odyssey Jones removed from WWE TV/online roster over domestic abuse allegations; Gisele Shaw granted release from TNA

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
As I said before. Tony Khans note in history will be as the man who killed NJPW
I said this a while ago.

I said this EXACTLY…what is the difference between how vince “raided” AWA, portland and houston wrestling to form Rock N wrestling to how aew did new japan and roh to form aew? The way they cut the legs off of the roh njpw MSG show was worse than wwf killing awa supercards, easily. And then they bought roh…just like vince.

the hypocrisy is off the charts. Idgaf either way, business is business, but Tony Khan is no different from Jim Crockett or Vince McMahon
Really tired of litigating this but ALL IN was an aew proof of concept that roh supported. Roh built its entire main event and roster really around guys who would defect and leave for AEW. Dont believe me go look at the talent flow from

jericho cruise 1 (roh supported)
All in
Final battle 18
Roh reigns supreme 19
And any roh ppv after

AEW took the top billed roh talent with the exception of marty who bet on himself, and jay who wasnt with the elite and is now an aew youtube show wrestler, and killed their msg show especially which was going to be the biggest non wwe ppv in nyc ever. It is no different than wwf making rock n wrestling from mid south and awa guys and out bidding vern gagne and whatnot.

so, either Vince McMahon was a good businessman and did nothing unethical in the 80s to awa, midsouth and the territories, or tony khan raided ROH and other indys and is as moneygrubbing as vince was then. Your choice.
He raided and killed ROH and is slowly doing it to njpw. He's no different than Vince in that aspect. And nobody is calling him on it.

Watch what happens if DEFYxProgress succeeds...he already signed the best homegrown talent from DEFY

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
It' quite possible AAA was using him as a way to better leverage the AEW relationship, though with so much CMLL stuff lately I wonder if that ship has sailed.

Curious anyone who listens to the Konnan and Disco Inferno podcast, has Konnan said anything about AEW and CMLL? He seems to waver in his criticism of AEW and Tony based on how much they're working together at that moment.
He doesn't discuss CMLL but talks about how working with aew can be difficult because they cannot get clear dates when wrestlers are available or not, especially in advance, and that makes booking very difficult. Plus, they don't do shyt with the people they send to are so he's cool with them getting money but it does nothing for AAA business whatsoever.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
NJPW had no money... If some of the talent had signed to WWE instead we would be discussing how those two promotions were "raided" ?

In fact, Owens, Zayn, Seth Rollins, Punk, Danielson, etc. were all under WWE contract at the same time. All ROH regulars. Did WWE raid ROH? I don't even remember that being a thing.

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
NJPW had no money... If some of the talent had signed to WWE instead we would be discussing how those two promotions were "raided" ?

In fact, Owens, Zayn, Seth Rollins, Punk, Danielson, etc. were all under WWE contract at the same time. All ROH regulars. Did WWE raid ROH? I don't even remember that being a thing.
So you had no problem with Vince's business tactics in the 80s then?

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
I said this a while ago.

He raided and killed ROH and is slowly doing it to njpw. He's no different than Vince in that aspect. And nobody is calling him on it.

Watch what happens if DEFYxProgress succeeds...he already signed the best homegrown talent from DEFY
How can he raid and kill ROH when it was basically dead when he bought it? :dead:
Big bank take little bank. Way of the world.

Funny yall wanna blame TK when it’s the talent who has final word. How dare they take more money and less work dates.

no one would be saying shyt if Okada went to the E tho. :sas1:

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics

I can't really speak on that since I didn't live through it or at least I was too young to be aware. To me, Crockett kind of played himself, don't you think?

I do think McMahon was raiding some promotions but wasn't Crockett attempting to do the same thing? They spent a lot of money on that UWF shyt from Watts and while they did get Sting out of the deal... for the most part that was very costly and a failure.

I can't blame Vince just because he accomplished what other promoters were actively attempting to do..

Reality Check

Keepin' it 100
Daps
As far as NJPW, the contracts came up and they were free agents. Not really a raid when they aren't under contract.