2023-24 Contract Season: Odyssey Jones removed from WWE TV/online roster over domestic abuse allegations; Gisele Shaw granted release from TNA

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
He must’ve turned down whatever PC job Cody was trying to throw at him…

Always figured he’d wind up being one of those wrestlers who weren’t really shyt, but wound up with some pretty great students…
His hangup with AEW was they weren't allowing him to wrestle as much and he wanted to be a star somewhere. Guess that didn't pan out, since he didn't wrestle anywhere, and needed a steady paycheck.

DanielAlfredsson

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
His hangup with AEW was they weren't allowing him to wrestle as much and he wanted to be a star somewhere. Guess that didn't pan out, since he didn't wrestle anywhere, and needed a steady paycheck.

Got a bit of a reality check I imagine. I don't think he's even good enough for a place like TNA to be too thirsty to sign him, especially knowing he's office for another company.

Killah Ray

Carolina hail to thee....
Daps
Got a bit of a reality check I imagine. I don't think he's even good enough for a place like TNA to be too thirsty to sign him, especially knowing he's office for another company.
I’m not sure if he’s good enough for the NWA honestly…

• Haha
Reactions: 907

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
I’m not sure if he’s good enough for the NWA honestly…
Honestly surprised AAA didn't use him more since they put a title belt on him. He lost that belt on 11/19 and they didn't book him any after that.

I mean he's a decent hand to have as an enhancement talent but he's nowhere close to a star for any major indie.

DanielAlfredsson

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Honestly surprised AAA didn't use him more since they put a title belt on him. He lost that belt on 11/19 and they didn't book him any after that.

I mean he's a decent hand to have as an enhancement talent but he's nowhere close to a star for any major indie.

It' quite possible AAA was using him as a way to better leverage the AEW relationship, though with so much CMLL stuff lately I wonder if that ship has sailed.

Curious anyone who listens to the Konnan and Disco Inferno podcast, has Konnan said anything about AEW and CMLL? He seems to waver in his criticism of AEW and Tony based on how much they're working together at that moment.

AStrangeName

Member of Snitch Syndication
Daps
Funny that QT comes back to AEW after signing Ospreay, Okada, and Mone after he also allegedly complained about AEW becoming too much like New Japan. That man must have gotten humbled something fierce. :mjlol:
Everyone knew that once he left AEW, no one was going to sign him. I understand and respect the know your worth aspects, but you gotta be smart about it at the same time.

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
My question is how is all the NJPW talent being siphoned to AEW different than some of the Stardom girls to WWE? Semantics are funny
WWE & AEW aren’t “partners”

This is the equivalent to the Pac 12 & Big 10 being in an alliance then the Big 10 taking their teams.

Hey_zeus

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
WWE & AEW aren’t “partners”

This is the equivalent to the Pac 12 & Big 10 being in an alliance then the Big 10 taking their teams.
Ok then nobody should be complaining about any of these signings going to AEW and not WWE. It should be expected. Many promotions have partnered before but this pipeline situation is unique to AEW and NJPW.

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
Ok then nobody should be complaining about any of these signings going to AEW and not WWE. It should be expected. Many promotions have partnered before but this pipeline situation is unique to AEW and NJPW.
I don’t think anyone will ever argue against more money & way less dates.

This is just about AEW & NJPW.

But it’s not like NJPW is completely innocent. They did similar to ROH during their partnership like signing away Kevin Kelly and Michael Elgin.

TheGreatShowtime

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Swamp
I bet QT was trying to leverage his relationship with Cody into starting a developmental territory with WWE. But why would WWE go back to a developmental territory with the PC & NXT? They've clearly pivoted away from it.