2022 MLB Off-Season Hot Stove thread

br82186

Superstar
Daps
This whole thing tells you how fickle we are, yes the Giants fccked up, but the same folks laughing at them now were the same ones laughing when they signed Correa to that 13 year 350 million contract.

They dodged a bullet with that contract, but they better hope that their instincts were right. What happens now is either trade (Reynolds, Jansen, or Kirk) or hope that those highly touted farm players flourish in the majors

Spidey Man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

By about 1 p.m. Pacific, the Giants informed Boras they were not prepared to execute the letter of agreement, effectively putting Correa back on the free agent market. Boras began contacting other clubs about Correa’s availability. He says he spent “four or five hours” negotiating with Cohen, who was enjoying dinner and a martini in Hawai’i. Boras asked Cohen, “Do you have three olives for a third baseman?” The two of them briefly had discussed Correa just before Correa reached agreement with the Giants, though Boras says they did not exchange terms then. This time they agreed on a 12-year, $315 million deal. It was 3:15 a.m. Wednesday in New York when they closed the deal.

Tio Stevie is the realest. He needs to buy the Jets or Knicks next.

Spence

Superstar
Daps
I dont care, long term deals like that kill your organization over the long term. 12 fuking years? that dude better be arod or bonds.

giants will struggle and I'm ok with that, people b!tched and complained over the longoria contract for years and there finally out of it. theres always next year, oh well

:manny:
He’s a very good player, but he isn’t Bonds or ARod at the plate even in the best protected lineup (Astros) in the entire league. He’s probably going to be a 3/4 WaR player which is worth a lot of money, so I guess…..but if you can find a rookie that is even better like we did that will free up your org to make better money moves locking up good players for long term. Mets are just pushing their chips to the center of the table. I really hope it works so we can see them in the WS and go 2-2 against the NL East :mjgrin:

Spence

Superstar
Daps

Derek Lee

#thunderup
Supporter
Daps

Ru64vb9.png