2022 Midterm Elections: NO RED WAVE! - GOP Takes U.S. House; Dems Keep U.S. Senate

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps

Last time dems made a concentrated effort to appeal to white working class voters, it was 2012 and Obama won handedly by casting Romney as a rich out of touch elitist.

It's time for democrats to end the identity politics for the simple fact that they're based entirely on aggrievement and victimhood. Telling black people racism exists and reminding them of all the bad shyt that happened is meaningless if you don't do shyt to actually help black people. That's been the dem plan for awhile, and it's backfiring now that it motivates white republicans to vote more than black people.

They better do something because shyt is getting spooky. No one is talking about the slow eviction crisis that's happening right now. Biden out here touting jobs numbers and folks get evicted or can barely pay rent.

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
I don't buy Trump winning. Trump winning the nom kills the makeover job they're trying to pull off in the suburbs.
You gotta stop focusing on Capitol Hill media. Those idiots have no idea what’s going on in America which is why they use “suburbia” as a blanket cat hall.

I am not saying Trump is winning, but it’s gonna be hard for a Dem to win Arizona and Georgia with how they’ve rigged it.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
You gotta stop focusing on Capitol Hill media. Those idiots have no idea what’s going on in America which is why they use “suburbia” as a blanket cat hall.

I am not saying Trump is winning, but it’s gonna be hard for a Dem to win Arizona and Georgia with how they’ve rigged it.
I get your point but at the same time, Biden doesn't need either state. All he has to do is hold MI+WI+PA and he wins. And I still think Georgia is winnable btw. Arizona is probably gone, then again if Trump is the nominee it will be in play.

The problem is that Biden (or whoever the nom is) has zero room for error. This isn't Obama era where you have like 10 back up plans because you're so strong.

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
I get your point but at the same time, Biden doesn't need either state. All he has to do is hold MI+WI+PA and he wins. And I still think Georgia is winnable btw. Arizona is probably gone, then again if Trump is the nominee it will be in play.

The problem is that Biden (or whoever the nom is) has zero room for error. This isn't Obama era where you have like 10 back up plans because you're so strong.
The key would be to run on your accomplishments, and a Biden doesn’t have much of any and won’t once the GOP take over Congress.

Personally, I don’t think Trump is running again. I do think Biden loses to deSantis

Reality

Make your own luck.
Daps
Reppin
NULL
LOL it's over brehs. It's. a. wrap. From here on you've just gotta get your money right because the average middle American is too stupid and/or racist to advocate for a better life for themselves.

Democrat ineptitude has never been as clear as it is now. Spent all that time appealing to the democratic base on voting rights and student loan cancellation/reform only to turn around and go mouse-quiet on it when you have the power. This video rings true now more than ever:

Micky Mikey

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
LOL it's over brehs. It's. a. wrap. From here on you've just gotta get your money right because the average middle American is too stupid and/or racist to advocate for a better life for themselves.

Democrat ineptitude has never been as clear as it is now. Spent all that time appealing to the democratic base on voting rights and student loan cancellation/reform only to turn around and go mouse-quiet on it when you have the power. This video rings true now more than ever:

This is the conclusion I've come to. I'll continue to vote for Democrats (specifically progressives) for harm reduction but wont blame anyone whose tuned out. Its pretty clear that this country serves the interest of corporations and wealthy elites. We are pretty much all on our own.

FAH1223

Go Wizards, Go Terps, Go Packers!
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WASHINGTON, DC

Trump would've NEVER had same exact infrastructure bill. Some of the stuff in the the current bill is no go for a GOP president & majority GOP senate.

Actually there are similarities to Trump’s $1 trillion infrastructure plan and the law that just passed.

Reality Check

Keepin' it 100
Daps
So is Fetterman winning the nomination for Senate on Dem side? His name has won statewide as LT Gov and he has $10M

This should be a Dem pickup but now we have a GOP+8 national environment

He's popular in PA and is a much stronger senate candidate than Dems put up in 2016 when Toomey was last on the ballot. Coupled with the Trumpanzee candidate now having spousal/child abuse accusations, this is going to be the exception to a red wave

Who are you for in the MO senate GOP primary? A lot folks seem not to like Greitens, including Josh Hawley. Speaking of which Politico put out an article last week that Trump & Hawley recently discussed that primary. If Trump is listening to Hawley, he won't endorse Greitens.

Hawley called on Greitens to resign when Hawley was AG of Missouri. Given he was in the middle of a Senate campaign, his support of Greitens would have sunk him; last time McCaskill won was against Todd "Legitimate Rape" Akin and Repubs didn't want to make that mistake again with someone who didn't take this controversy seriously.

Last time dems made a concentrated effort to appeal to white working class voters, it was 2012 and Obama won handedly by casting Romney as a rich out of touch elitist.

It's time for democrats to end the identity politics for the simple fact that they're based entirely on aggrievement and victimhood. Telling black people racism exists and reminding them of all the bad shyt that happened is meaningless if you don't do shyt to actually help black people. That's been the dem plan for awhile, and it's backfiring now that it motivates white republicans to vote more than black people.

They better do something because shyt is getting spooky. No one is talking about the slow eviction crisis that's happening right now. Biden out here touting jobs numbers and folks get evicted or can barely pay rent.

The one positive at least is Dems have time to turn around perception. News media and people are fickle and will move onto whatever the next hot button issue is for 2-3 weeks, then something else, etc.

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
Trump would've NEVER had same exact infrastructure bill. Some of the stuff in this the current bill is no go for a GOP president & majority GOP senate. Such as the plan to remake the suburbs more like urban areas.

Actually there are similarities to Trump’s $1 trillion infrastructure plan and the law that just passed.

From what I understand, Trump wanted more money for actual physical infrastructure in the potential bill that was being talked about in Spring 2020 than what's in this current BIF. Like I said before, some of the stuff in the BIF (i.e. Remaking the suburbs, gender identity nonsense, driving tax, & etc.) would be a no go in the previous 2 congressional terms.