2022 Midterm Elections: NO RED WAVE! - GOP Takes U.S. House; Dems Keep U.S. Senate

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
I know. I think I linked that article when it came out. I think most working class and poor people don’t vote because of time and there being no payoff.

I also think people fall susceptible to culture wars—like most of this forum, tbf—because they’ve given up on the political and economic battles. The people who want status quo or regressive shyt are the ones who are most comfortable. Fighting culture wars means we don’t fight class wars.

West Virginia, like Texas, Florida, Ohio, a large part of the sunbelt, most people don’t vote in those states.

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
I ain’t talking about well-to-do whites. I’m talking about regular people.

Let me ask you, and country club member
@Pressure , is ya’lls solution to let people stay poor and continue the hate fest?
This is moving the goal post. You think that people are voting against their economic interests for cculture war and racism because they're doing poorly economically?

🤔 pretty stupid posting.

Occam's Razor suggest they vote for culture war bullshyt because that's what they value.

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
I know. I think I linked that article when it came out. I think most working class and poor people don’t vote because of time and there being no payoff.

I also think people fall susceptible to culture wars—like most of this forum, tbf—because they’ve given up on the political and economic battles. The people who want status quo or regressive shyt are the ones who are most comfortable. Fighting culture wars means we don’t fight class wars.

West Virginia, like Texas, Florida, Ohio, a large part of the sunbelt, most people don’t vote in those states.
They don't vote because they don't view their life as hard as you think they do.

Left.A1

Superstar
Daps

:francis:

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
You think that people are voting against their economic interests for cculture war and racism because they're doing poorly economically?
No

But I also think nothing has been provided for people to see past that. Media isn’t focused on regular peoples economic interest, except for nebulous sayings like inflation and supply chain concerns. Politicians also don’t provide an economic answer either. When you dont provide a solution to material concerns but give the red meat of hate and culture war, that’s what either drives people to vote or keeps them away all together.

I will ask again, is your solution to let people stay in their precarious financial situation?

They don't vote because they don't view their life as hard as you think they do.
and he answers yes

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
No

But I also think nothing has been provided for people to see past that. Media isn’t focused on regular peoples economic interest, except for nebulous sayings like inflation and supply chain concerns. Politicians also don’t provide an economic answer either. When you dont provide a solution to material concerns but give the red meat of hate and culture war, that’s what either drives people to vote or keeps them away all together.

I will ask again, is your solution to let people stay in their precarious financial situation?

and he answers yes

Let's say we accept your flawed premise.

The economy has been a top issue over the last 3 elections.

Why have they voted in dems in 2018, 2020 and 2024?

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
Let's say we accept your flawed premise.

The economy has been a top issue over the last 3 elections.

Why have they voted in dems in 2018, 2020 and 2024?
The economy has been the top issue in every election since at least 1976.

But how people in your class sees the economy ain’t the same as how working Class people see and it ain’t the same as the poor.

The US political system is designed to work mostly for the top 10%. Voting for Dems or Reps means fukk all because life has mostly not changed materially, except for the brief period during the height of the pandemic when the US tried to be social democracy by giving out a slice of bread versus crumbs.

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
The economy has been the top issue in every election since at least 1976.

But how people in your class sees the economy ain’t the same as how working Class people see and it ain’t the same as the poor.

The US political system is designed to work mostly for the top 10%. Voting for Dems or Reps means fukk all because life has mostly not changed materially, except for the brief period during the height of the pandemic when the US tried to be social democracy by giving out a slice of bread versus crumbs.
So this is the point where you don't have the data to back your position so you argue that the son a veteran, a mechanic and myself being a former service industry worker doesn't understand the issues working class people deal with because I have a good job?

The vast majority of people who don't, choose not to vote. Not because they couldn't find the time.

But ultimately it's neither here nor there. Your entire premise here is good policy means industry should spurn technology in order to placate voters. Ironically you're one of the most vocal green energy guys.

The truth is voters turned away from the party who costs them jobs for the greater good (environment / immigration) for the folks who either wanted to slow the natural progression or just outright lie and say they would bring those jobs back.

You want it both way and it can't happen.

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
End of the day, dems bucks a generations long trend this election. We should be looking at how to grow from there instead of trying to push 2016 fantasies.

@mastermind hates social issues, but that's what drove young voters to the polls at a higher clip than purely economic messaging.

If you want the future you believe in you're going to have to figure out the social issues that are going to get like minded people to get out and vote.

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
So this is the point where you don't have the data to back your position so you argue that the son a veteran, a mechanic and myself being a former service industry worker doesn't understand the issues working class people deal with because I have a good job?
You can miss me with the political stump speech and I don’t care about your job or political connects. Your closest answer to my question of what should we do about people in terminally precarious financial situations was whatever.

@mastermind hates social issues, but that's what drove young voters to the polls at a higher clip than purely economic messaging.
This is the portion where @Pressure turns to outright fabrication to force a deluded point.