2022 Midterm Elections: NO RED WAVE! - GOP Takes U.S. House; Dems Keep U.S. Senate

JJ Lions

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
So if my math is right

Maricopa County has tabulated 98,618 ballots Est. 94,285 remain (94% complete) Batch breakdown Governo
@KariLake had 54.6% if that continues for the rest that's - 51479
@katiehobbs had 45.4% if that continues for the rest that's - 42805

So that's not enough, Kari needs I think 64% of the remaining vote

Brandon Tatum who lives in Arizona breaking down live

Last edited:

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
They would have won if they elected more moderates candidates, especially in places like Pennsylvania, Nevada, and Arizona.
Can moderate Republicans win primaries
I shared this same thing before about West Virginia. West Virginia has a history of being a very progressive state---they were created because they didn't want to be a slave state---and was a pro-working class state for most of the 20th century---and it was working class because they actually fought and died for it. It still is, but the fall of the coal industry and the lack of support by any politician has lead to where it is now where they vote Republican because of social reasons. Manchin is a Clinton/Atari Democrat, but he doesn't care about workers issues.

The Intercept had a podcast episode on this topic last year:
Social reasons :mjlol:

BigMoneyGrip

I'm Lamont's pops
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Straight from Flatbush

it's too bad, dems needed that to hold the house

now need a miracle to happen (take AZ-06, CA-41, and have to flip CO-03 via remaining mail-in/military/cured votes)

Don’t matter Dems still won even on a 3 seat GOP house majority.. Dems will get 10-15 GOP reps to vote on their side and these are the ones who don’t have no attachment to Maga

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Don’t matter Dems still won even on a 3 seat GOP house majority.. Dems will get 10-15 GOP reps to vote on their side and these are the ones who don’t have no attachment to Maga

yeah, a ~220/219 - 215/216 House is a SHYT show...imagine trying to manage that?

silver lining is that at least Rs get the blame for the shyt show

most important is that it is unlikely MAGA can hold the debt limit hostage now with that House margin. they would have FOR SURE done that and tanked the economy just to blame biden for it had they had the votes to do it

Daps
yeah, a ~220/219 - 215/216 House is a SHYT show...imagine trying to manage that?

silver lining is that at least Rs get the blame for the shyt show

most important is that it is unlikely MAGA can hold the debt limit hostage now with that House margin. they would have FOR SURE done that and tanked the economy just to blame biden for it had they had the votes to do it
I know most people don't fukk with Pelosi, but she is very, very good at whipping the vote with tight margins. If Dems had 219, they'd pass some shyt in the House.

Meanwhile, Republicans are going to have such an issue choosing a speaker that there is a tiny chance that a moderate Republican gets Dems on board to support them as a compromise Speaker.

Bleed The Freak

Superstar
Daps

Really seems like a shift is happening. With the senate races I assume McConnell made a call - no election denying bullshyt, no drawn out nonsense if it's clear you lost, etc. Mastriano has no McConnell connection as a candidate for governor yet is refusing to claim fraud either.

Really looks like the only person who will loudly claim fraud will be Kari Lake, if she loses in AZ. Kinda seems obvious she is auditioning to be Trump's VP, at a time when much of the party seems to be moving away from him.

Mitch
lethal-weapon-old.gif