2022 Midterm Elections: NO RED WAVE! - GOP Takes U.S. House; Dems Keep U.S. Senate

No1

Retired.
Supporter
Daps
:ohhh: @BigMoneyGrip for the bold

the last point is what some of us mentioned. the danger of daily hammering people that the races were over and GQP was gonna win in a landslide was going to set expectations to the point where if that DIDNT happen, people were going to be confused and most assuredly more election deniers are going to be born
Part of this was Republican pollsters flooding the airwaves to create false narratives and people using shyt like Real Clear Politics which aggregates them all without any discernment. I literally had no way of reading these elections outside of what I hear people saying.

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
But why tho? They kept doing unpopular shyt and galvanized their opps …totally overplayed their hand with the roe shyt and surprise surprise it’s bitting them in the ass …this honestly should have always been expected

1. Young People showed the fukk up in major battle ground states. Some are reporting same-day registration is breaking records for a midterm in Michigan. The economy ain't that big of an issue for young voters because they're broke anyway.

2. Voting rights, abortion and marijuana were issues that got people to the polls. I think most people are looking at the economy as a temporary thing that will rise and fall. But something as enshrined as Roe v. Wade being taken away was MORE than enough to mobilize moderate and left leaning women of all ages.

3. Turn-out is overperforming virtually everywhere. And leftists tend to win the more people vote.

4. The gamble on MAGA is back firing. Nothing is more evident of that than in Florida. DeSantis is giving the GOP the blueprint. If you can have a (marginally) less extreme stance and speak like a semi-intelligent human being, you'll win. Meanwhile, in PA they were running people with ties to anti-semitic groups and a TV doctor.

voiture

Superstar
Daps
He would've wrecked Trump in 2016. However, I don't think Democratic voters would be nearly as engaged as they are now without Trump. He really changed the landscape for everyone. GOP has gone off the deep end and everyone knows it.
Biden is bucking the trend big time. This is supposed to be a redwave considering inflation etc...

In the 22 midterm elections from 1934 -2018, the President's party has averaged a loss of 28 House seats and four Senate seats.

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
Yeah, I gave up on Ohio and Florida after 2018.

But to be honest Florida been ruining elections since at least 2000:aicmon: the first time I paid attention to politics was the SC screwing over Al Gore

Honestly I think it's a lot to do with Trump. Seems like he boosted Republican turnout in the short term with culture wars, but hurt the GOP in the longer term by turning off too many other voters to the point where their dislike of the GOP outweighs inflation.

Right now it seems like everybody is basically just voting the same way they voted in 2020. It'll be interesting to see how the GOP reacts to Trump's campaign announcement now.
Have to wonder if Trump pulled a Bush Jr and kept a low profile if the GOP would have done better.

Cheney lost her seat and she was a true GOPer except for Trump.