2022 Midterm Elections: NO RED WAVE! - GOP Takes U.S. House; Dems Keep U.S. Senate

mitter

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Running Republican-like candidates to appeal to MAGAs make people want the real thing and turns off people who don’t like either. Dems need to leave the consultant class.

I didn't think Ryan's policy stances and distancing himself from Dems was what would help him.

I thought that seeming likeable/relatable (at least compared to the guy he was running against) and attacking his opponent as a weak, out-of-touch outsider was what may have helped Ryan.

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
I didn't think Ryan's policy stances and distancing himself from Dems was what would help him.

I thought that seeming likeable/relatable (at least compared to the guy he was running against) and attacking his opponent as a weak, out-of-touch outsider was what may have helped Ryan.
I have to keep saying it, but this was a state that voted for and re-elected Obama. It's very easy to say these people have become yokels in 10-14 years, but I don't believe that. It's not even rational.

A lot of this country never recovered from the 2008 crisis, and our leadership did nothing to change things. No one has. Being likable' isn't enough. People want something dramatic and transformative; some have gone down fash for that. Voters don't want Tim Ryans. People want something different.

Last edited:

NkrumahWasRight Is Wrong

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Uncertain grounds
I have to keep saying it, but this was a state that voted for and re-elected Obama. It's very easy for these people have become yokels in 10-14 years, but I don't believe that. It's not even rational.

A lot of this country never recovered from the 2008 crisis, and our leadership did nothing to change things. No one has. Being likable' isn't enough. People want something dramatic and transformative; some have gone down fash for that. Voters don't want Tim Ryans. People want something different.

The long trend of young smart and successful dem voters leaving red areas for already blue areas is problematic

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
I meant in different states mostly

If I'm young and successful from a town in ohio am I staying there and voting dem or do I have my eyes on a Chicago nyc or la

i see what you're saying but that doesn't tell the whole story in the rust belt. People made their living in those factories.. blue collar towns. Generation passed down to generation. u can argue that they should have seen the bottom falling out but it is what it is.

Dems mostly neglected them.. took them for granted. So did the GOP but Trump promised them the world and they took the bait.

in the meantime many were also radicalized through lies and misinformation. People are easier targets and willing to play the blame game when they are broke and it doesn't take much for people who are already probably racist (or at least unsympathetic to others) to follow along either.

Biden appeals to these suburban voters and Trump lost some of them with his lies and deception but for many it's too late..

At least some of those areas are still somewhat winnable. Florida on the other hand is long gone.. Cubans made sure of that.