2022 Midterm Elections: NO RED WAVE! - GOP Takes U.S. House; Dems Keep U.S. Senate

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
The trends will be posted

Too many here don’t wanna see it
I dunno man, you been running the doom and gloom schtick sense I've been on the site and since then dems have took the house, the senate, and the white house.

In the past I think folks tolerated more because the angle was people are voting red because Dems aren't doing anything.

What's the excuse now?

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
312.jpg

-Higher Learning

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
You're easily the most doom and gloom nikka on this site.

Nah, I'm just a realist.

Polling-wise it's not looking to be a good election for Dems. And if polls are off, well, the last couple cycles they've overestimated Dems so that may be even worse. Rethugs will likely control the House and most governor offices and might get the Senate. Not to mention they have the Supreme Court for the foreseeable future. If Dems don't win the presidency in 2024 then we're probably right back to where we were in 2016 with the GOP controlling everything.

Nothing I've said isn't true and all calling it "doom and gloom" or "contrarian" does is prove you have no argument otherwise :manny:

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
That’s coming from a guy who thinks his opinion of the way the world works is gospel and everyone else is evil and a part of the neoliberal machine :dead:

The nikkas with the least nuance and insight tellin lies like they truth, you hate to see it

FAH1223

Go Wizards, Go Terps, Go Packers!
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WASHINGTON, DC
I dunno man, you been running the doom and gloom schtick sense I've been on the site and since then dems have took the house, the senate, and the white house.

In the past I think folks tolerated more because the angle was people are voting red because Dems aren't doing anything.

What's the excuse now?
Biden is POTUS and his approval rating is 45%. That means Ls.

Joe Sixpack

Build and Destroy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rotten Apple
Every morning before I leave I’m watching the news and every Democratic commercial is about Abortion

:gucci:

The Democrats NEVER EVER talk about the economy or this inflation

They are so stupid it’s ridiculous and I hate to bash them like everyone else does but damn

They think they can win this shyt on just abortion alone

:mindblown:

Last edited:

FAH1223

Go Wizards, Go Terps, Go Packers!
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WASHINGTON, DC
Every morning before I leave I’m watching the news and every Democratic commercial is about Abortion

:gucci:

The Democrats NEVER EVER talk about the economy or this inflation

They are so stupid it’s ridiculous and I hate to bash them like every else does but damn

They think they can win this shyt on just abortion alone

:mindblown:

These are normie Dems sounding the alarm. Not me and @acri1 being doom and gloom

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang

These are normie Dems sounding the alarm. Not me and @acri1 being doom and gloom

So now you're riding for the establishment strategist on what dem messaging should be? :pachaha:

Biden shouldn't be talking about the successful legislation that we were told is popular and will result in future dem success? :skip:

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
Nah, I'm just a realist.

Polling-wise it's not looking to be a good election for Dems. And if polls are off, well, the last couple cycles they've overestimated Dems so that may be even worse. Rethugs will likely control the House and most governor offices and might get the Senate. Not to mention they have the Supreme Court for the foreseeable future. If Dems don't win the presidency in 2024 then we're probably right back to where we were in 2016 with the GOP controlling everything.

Nothing I've said isn't true and all calling it "doom and gloom" or "contrarian" does is prove you have no argument otherwise :manny:
The realistic take is that the party not in power almost always gains seats in a new presidents midterm election.

No need to be alarmist, this is just the trend and it operates regardless of how the president is viewed.

I had this long argument previously about it, but I'm not going to rehash it.

Although we don’t yet know the winners of some House races, we can already look ahead to the 2022 midterms and see a fairly straightforward path for the GOP to capture the House. Midterm elections historically go well for the party that’s not in the White House, and the out-of-power party is especially likely to do well in the House, since every seat is up for election (the Senate is a more complicated story).

Since the end of World War II, the presidential party has lost an average of 27 House seats in midterm elections, as the chart below shows. No matter how many seats Democrats end up with after 2020’s election — at this point, they will probably end up somewhere in the low 220s — a loss of that magnitude would easily be enough for Republicans to retake the House.

Reality Check

Keepin' it 100
Daps
The trends will be posted

Too many here don’t wanna see it

Been resigned to the fact Republicans are taking the house for a while due to 2020 and redisctricting, but wondering if the pollsters are trying to make up for how wrong they were in 2016 and 2020 by oversampling Republican/lean Republican voters in polls for this election season.

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
The realistic take is that the party not in power almost always gains seats in a new presidents midterm election.

No need to be alarmist, this is just the trend and it operates regardless of how the president is viewed.

I had this long argument previously about it, but I'm not going to rehash it.

I agree with all of that :manny: except for the "no need to be alarmist" part

The GOP is literally trying to roll back Civil Rights (voting, abortion, etc.), prevent any action on climate change, and a bunch of other terrible shyt. The Supreme Court is on their side and it'll be even easier with the House and more GOP governors. Even moreso if they win the Senate.

This is something people absolutely should be alarmed about even if it's historically normal for the party in power to lose.

Worthless Loser

Blackpilled
Daps
Do you get off on being a complete buzzkill? Holy shyt, just enjoy something for once.
I had the same reaction you guys had to the video.

Then I seen the extended clip where DeSantis went full Trump on Crist and he got cheered for it.

Similar to Trump, DeSantis is at his best when he goes to the lowest point. The meanness and cruelty is what people like about him. The whole fake strong man thing > Crist old nice guy gimmick.

Him being shook about refusing to answer about 2024 isn't a problem for him. He will still win with ease.