2022 Midterm Elections: NO RED WAVE! - GOP Takes U.S. House; Dems Keep U.S. Senate

FAH1223

Go Wizards, Go Terps, Go Packers!
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WASHINGTON, DC
Yeah, feels like 2014 or 2010.

If Republicans get control of the house (almost certain), they will impeach Biden

If Republicans get control of the senate (likely), they won't allow any supreme court vacancies to be filled

In general, they will obstruct everything

I have basically given up on progressive change. I just want a functioning country at this point.
I made peace with the fact the House was lost very early on in this cycle. The Dems losing 10 seats in 2020, a year in which everyone thought they'd gain seats was a huge disappointment. If they had 242 seats right now instead of 222 or whatever it is, I could concede that yes, in a neutral environment, the Dems could keep the majority.

The Senate is really the ballgame to me. I want Biden to nominate and confirm another 100 judges for the 2023-2025 period. And of course if one of the conservative Supreme Court justices vacates for some reason or if Kagan/Sotomayer have to vacate, they can replace them easily.

If the Republicans have only, let's say 222 seats after this cycle, McCarthy is going to have a tough time governing between the MAGA nuts and the Freedom Caucus Koch heads.

FAH1223

Go Wizards, Go Terps, Go Packers!
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WASHINGTON, DC
I don’t like the polls much either, but the simple fact is the economy sucks and that is bad for the incumbent party. It’s over.

whats funny is the senate was favorable in 2020, but the economy, bad luck with candidates (fetterman having a fukking stroke) and ignoring the economy is going to sink them. People keep saying the GOP don’t have any economic plan, and while that’s true the Dems don’t have one that they will talk about either.
Yeah, the 2020 map was favorable and they fukked up NC and Maine.

The 2022 map is also good for Dems cause they have incumbents and the open seats are competitive states.

But the Dems with regards to the Senate always lose the close races.

In 2014, they lost 9 seats. About half of those races were very close. Low turnout year and a worse map. Even still, that was the kiss of death on Obama's ability to nominate judges and Dems always forget that election is why he couldn't replace Scalia in 2016.

In 2016, the Dems netted 2 seats in the Senate (Illinois and New Hampshire). Should have been 4 as Toomey barely won in PA and Ron Johnson won despite not leading a single poll vs. Feingold in WI.

In 2018, Bill Nelson lost to Rick Scott by a few thousand votes in FL. FL Dems are the worst state party in the country. 2018 map was good for GOP.

mitter

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
If you give up on that then we will never get anything. You have to push against the status quo at all times.

The powerful interests are 100 steps ahead of everyone else.

They have successfully baited the left to focus on symbolic social gestures that accomplish little for the average person (socially or economically). Any leftist who wants to focus on economic issues will be attacked "from the left" as somehow neglecting social issues.

While the left neglects to focus on the economy, it has made it easier for the right to portray the left as out-of-touch "elitists" who don't care about the average person.

mitter

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yeah, the 2020 map was favorable and they fukked up NC and Maine.

The 2022 map is also good for Dems cause they have incumbents and the open seats are competitive states.

But the Dems with regards to the Senate always lose the close races.

In 2014, they lost 9 seats. About half of those races were very close. Low turnout year and a worse map. Even still, that was the kiss of death on Obama's ability to nominate judges and Dems always forget that election is why he couldn't replace Scalia in 2016.

In 2016, the Dems netted 2 seats in the Senate (Illinois and New Hampshire). Should have been 4 as Toomey barely won in PA and Ron Johnson won despite not leading a single poll vs. Feingold in WI.

In 2018, Bill Nelson lost to Rick Scott by a few thousand votes in FL. FL Dems are the worst state party in the country. 2018 map was good for GOP.

I can't get over Feingold somehow losing to that doofus Johnson TWICE. I can't see a black candidate like Barnes winning in Wisconsin.

I will be difficult to deal with losing Ohio. Ryan should be killing Vance. It is basically a perfect matchup in terms of a strong, likeable and relatable Dem candidate and an out-of-touch, unlikable Repiblican. The fact that Ryan is almost sure to lose shows how firmly Ohio has moved to the Republican column.

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
The powerful interests are 100 steps ahead of everyone else.

They have successfully baited the left to focus on symbolic social gestures that accomplish little for the average person (socially or economically). Any leftist who wants to focus on economic issues will be attacked "from the left" as somehow neglecting social issues.

While the left neglects to focus on the economy, it has made it easier for the right to portray the left as out-of-touch "elitists" who don't care about the average person.
The powerful have money, but they aren’t ahead of anything. They are reactionaries.

And the left doesn’t focus on symbolic gestures, it’s people who only see the world in a blue vs red notion. The left has always been focused on economics and material conditions, as much as the elites have. It’s everyone else who looks at identity politics or wants to ban the “gay agenda,” which is fine for politicians.

If we don’t demand more we won’t get more, and that has to be done outside of the electoral process.

Last edited:

banner34

Superstar
Daps
Fetterman only +3 and +1 in two latest polls

Kelly only +2 and +1 in two latest polls

Two latest Georgia polls have Warnock +3 and Warnock and Walker tied

Ryan and Cortez-Masto consistently trailing ...

I think Dems will lose most of the close races. They will be very lucky to keep the senate.
They will lose Georgia if it’s goes to a runoff.

BigMoneyGrip

I'm Lamont's pops
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Straight from Flatbush
I don’t like the polls much either, but the simple fact is the economy sucks and that is bad for the incumbent party. It’s over.

whats funny is the senate was favorable in 2020, but the economy, bad luck with candidates (fetterman having a fukking stroke) and ignoring the economy is going to sink them. People keep saying the GOP don’t have any economic plan, and while that’s true the Dems don’t have one that they will talk about either.
The economy was shyt during trumps term and when Biden took office and it’s still shyt.. just making excusing for obvious bullshyt when I see with my own eyes Dems should’ve even be this competitive yet they are within the margin to steal made seats but we suppose to go by fukkin polls that really ain’t telling you shyt but how to feel making the economy a priority when these cock suckers actively taking away your rights.. bu bu bu the economy smh

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
You still a bozo and come election I’ll call you a bozo 3 more times
3be706cb-2339-4930-bd2b-46c248b4604f_text.gif