2022 Midterm Elections: NO RED WAVE! - GOP Takes U.S. House; Dems Keep U.S. Senate

BigMoneyGrip

I'm Lamont's pops
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Straight from Flatbush
Not sure you fully understand the difference between the SPR (which is what Biden is releasing a million barrels per day from) and underground and/or untapped reserves . . . I will just leave it at this I think, hopefully it'll sink in at some point :mjlol:
I’m being sarcastic but yeah 200 years

@mastermind you still a bozo

ADevilYouKhow

Rhyme Reason
Daps
Reppin
got a call for three nines

Guess it’s pretty official

bnew

Veteran
Daps

sdwn9msv1as91.jpg
:mjlol:

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Something crazy critical I just realized about this year's Senate race is that outside of North Carolina, literally EVERY Senate seat the Dems are trying to win is one where they already have the other seat in the state.

Nevada, Arizona, Colorado, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Wisconsin, Georgia - every one of those states have a Democrat in the non-election seat.

That means after this year, pretty much all the low-hanging fruit is gone. The only seats that will be left in the country with a blue/red split are Maine, Montana, and West Virginia, and all three of those states are an uphill battle with the Democrats probably more likely to lose seats than gain them. If Dems don't maximize their pickups in this election then they're going to have to really really fight to gain any seats in 2024 or 2026. Literally every other opportunity will have to involving poaching a senator from a conservative state.

Reality Check

Keepin' it 100
Daps

The departure of Taylor Crowe, who previously held the same role on ex-GOP Sen. David Perdue’s failed bid for Georgia governor this year, comes just weeks before Election Day in the crucial Senate contest against Democratic incumbent Raphael Warnock.

Given how Perdue performed, that alone should have disqualified this guy from holding the same role for another campaign.

Something crazy critical I just realized about this year's Senate race is that outside of North Carolina, literally EVERY Senate seat the Dems are trying to win is one where they already have the other seat in the state.

Nevada, Arizona, Colorado, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Wisconsin, Georgia - every one of those states have a Democrat in the non-election seat.

That means after this year, pretty much all the low-hanging fruit is gone. The only seats that will be left in the country with a blue/red split are Maine, Montana, and West Virginia, and all three of those states are an uphill battle with the Democrats probably more likely to lose seats than gain them. If Dems don't maximize their pickups in this election then they're going to have to really really fight to gain any seats in 2024 or 2026. Literally every other opportunity will have to involving poaching a senator from a conservative state.

I think Montana and WV are lost causes in 2024. Fairly certain Maine stays as-is unless King decides to retire. Looking at who's on the ballot in 2024, there could be an avenue for two pick-ups:

Texas: Ted Cruz is on the ballot, and no one likes that fukkboy. Plus state is getting bluer with the amount of new residents moving in. It's going to flip at some point, and can't rule it out happening with Cruz running.
Indiana: Mike Braun is retiring to try running for Governor of Indiana. Only possibility this gets picked up by Dems is if Buttigeg is recruited to run for the seat.