2022 Midterm Elections: NO RED WAVE! - GOP Takes U.S. House; Dems Keep U.S. Senate

BigMoneyGrip

I'm Lamont's pops
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Straight from Flatbush
And you still an illiterate jackass who didn't man up and honor a ban bet with @AquaCityBoy and won't accept a ban bet with me this year. You are an unserious doofus. You are a MAGA-like clown, you doof.
This moist nikka mad as fukk :umad:

fukkin bozo

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Looking at the FiveThirtyEight forecast and the striking thing about the map is how fukking extensive gerrymandering has become.

Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, South Carolina, Tennessee, and Kentucky have all managed to reduce their #'s down to a single Democratic house member. Missouri and Indiana have 2 each. Wisconsin, basically a 50-50 state, projected for just 2 dems out of 8 seats. Ohio, where Trump got 53% of the vote, projected for 3 democrat seats out of 15. Iowa, another 53% Trump state, not a single Democrat seat out of 4.

Different way of looking at it, here are the states with the highest African-American population and their resulting representation:

Mississippi 37% Black, 1 out of 4 seats are Democrats
Louisiana 31% Black, 1 out of 6 seats are Democrats
Georgia 31% Black, 5 out of 14 seats are Democrats
Maryland 30% Black, 7 out of 8 seats are Democrats
Alabama 26% Black, 1 out of 7 seats are Democrats
South Carolina 25% Black, 1 out of 7 seats are Democrats

This level of gerrymandering is going to make the House representation fukking irrelevant is your state leadership is basically picking their voters rather than the voters picking their representation.

Reality Check

Keepin' it 100
Daps

What is it with a$$holes from New Jersey trying to run for office in Pennsylvania?

Looking at the FiveThirtyEight forecast and the striking thing about the map is how fukking extensive gerrymandering has become.

Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, South Carolina, Tennessee, and Kentucky have all managed to reduce their #'s down to a single Democratic house member. Missouri and Indiana have 2 each. Wisconsin, basically a 50-50 state, projected for just 2 dems out of 8 seats. Ohio, where Trump got 53% of the vote, projected for 3 democrat seats out of 15. Iowa, another 53% Trump state, not a single Democrat seat out of 4.

Different way of looking at it, here are the states with the highest African-American population and their resulting representation:

Mississippi 37% Black, 1 out of 4 seats are Democrats
Louisiana 31% Black, 1 out of 6 seats are Democrats
Georgia 31% Black, 5 out of 14 seats are Democrats
Maryland 30% Black, 7 out of 8 seats are Democrats
Alabama 26% Black, 1 out of 7 seats are Democrats
South Carolina 25% Black, 1 out of 7 seats are Democrats

This level of gerrymandering is going to make the House representation fukking irrelevant is your state leadership is basically picking their voters rather than the voters picking their representation.

For Missouri, it actually could have been worse. They were gunning for a 7-1 split with dividing up Kansas City, but thankfully they came to their senses.

voiture

Superstar
Daps

What is it with a$$holes from New Jersey trying to run for office in Pennsylvania?

For Missouri, it actually could have been worse. They were gunning for a 7-1 split with dividing up Kansas City, but thankfully they came to their senses.

The MAGA trash has no chance in NJ so they move the grift somewhere else. It's that simple.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Yo look at this brazen piece of shyt. :russ:

Like a driver making a screeching U-turn, Don Bolduc, the Republican Senate nominee in New Hampshire, pivoted Thursday from his primary race to the general election, saying he had “come to the conclusion” that the 2020 presidential election “was not stolen,” after he had spent more than a year claiming it was.

“I’ve done a lot of research on this, and I’ve spent the past couple weeks talking to Granite Staters all over the state from every party, and I have come to the conclusion — and I want to be definitive on this — the election was not stolen,” Bolduc said in an interview on Fox News.

“Elections have consequences, and, unfortunately, President Biden is the legitimate president of this country,” he said.

Bolduc won his primary Tuesday over a more moderate candidate, Chuck Morse, the president of the New Hampshire Senate. Bolduc ran on an uncompromising right-wing platform, complete with declarations that former President Donald Trump had won the 2020 election.

But now he faces a tough general election campaign against Sen. Maggie Hassan, a Democrat. She is vulnerable in November — but, Republicans worry, less vulnerable against Bolduc than she would have been against Morse.

Hassan’s campaign responded quickly to Bolduc’s reversal, sharing a series of videos and quotes of the many times Bolduc had promoted the lie that the 2020 election was stolen.

“Don Bolduc is desperately trying to run from years of spreading the Big Lie, but he can’t hide from the video receipts,” her campaign said in a statement.

Bolduc, a retired Army general, had claimed repeatedly for more than a year that the election was stolen.

Among other instances, in May 2021, he signed an open letter in which retired generals and admirals advanced false claims that the election had been tainted. “The FBI and Supreme Court must act swiftly when election irregularities are surfaced and not ignore them as was done in 2020,” it said.

In a debate with his Republican primary opponents last month, he referred back to that letter and declared, to applause, that he would not budge from his position.

“I signed a letter with 120 other generals and admirals saying that Trump won the election, and, damn it, I stand by my letter,” he said. “I’m not switching horses, baby. This is it.”

Switching horses Thursday, he said in the Fox News interview, “We, you know, live and learn, right?”

How stupid a voter would you have to be for this to work on you? :dahell: