2022 Midterm Elections: NO RED WAVE! - GOP Takes U.S. House; Dems Keep U.S. Senate

FAH1223

Go Wizards, Go Terps, Go Packers!
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WASHINGTON, DC
I'm not a Wes Moore fan, but that Cox fella is crazy.
I've seen his signs on Route 50 in Bowie and was in Frederick last week for a funeral and saw them on 270.

He's otherwise got no money, no ability to be on air, and this poll probably will have national GOP truly abandon him.

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
I've seen his signs on Route 50 in Bowie and was in Frederick last week for a funeral and saw them on 270.

He's otherwise got no money, no ability to be on air, and this poll probably will have national GOP truly abandon him.
I’ve actually seen Cox signs in PG county, albeit near College Park and Hyattsville and a couple on central Ave. When Hogan basically said he was crazy, that was the end of the Cox campaign.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
I'm not a Wes Moore fan, but that Cox fella is crazy.

I already see the plan for Wes Moore and he’s going to be the president of the United States in 2032 the man accolades is stellar and he’s the real flint from gi Joe

I looked into him back in July, and I've been getting a bit of an "empty suit" vibe. Sure he has those accolades, but when he talks about them he sounds like a college applicant who has spent the last 4 years checking off all the boxes for the sole purpose of getting into his #1 college. To make the obvious comparison, The Other Wes Moore is nothing like Dreams From My Father, not in the same league in terms of depth of thought and expression of values. Ironically, it would be easy for me to imagine the author of The Other Wes Moore having an Obama-type presidency, whereas I hoped for much more from the Barack Obama who had impressed me so much before he became just another establishment centrist. By the time that Moore is ready to run for president, I hope we have someone more revolutionary in the pipeline rather than just another status quo warrior.

Needs to be pointed that Moore is heavily influenced by the military. He credits military school with defining his life for him, he writes about Colin Powell's memoir as if it were The Autobiography of Malcolm X, all of his early role models were military officers, and he served as an officer himself for eight years including a brief stint in Afghanistan (though he seems to have spent nearly all of the rest of his military time either attending college or doing political internships). I haven't seen any evidence that his feelings about the military have changed at all since he wrote about it in such glowing terms in 2010. So if we want a president who views the US military as the crowinng achievement of American society, he's the guy.

lochead

All Star
Daps
Reppin
I'm from where Petey come from
I already see the plan for Wes Moore and he’s going to be the president of the United States in 2032 the man accolades is stellar and he’s the real flint from gi Joe
Yup he’s the ONE the Democratic party is grooming for that 2032 run.

If he improves business relations/ get Baltimore somewhat in check and create mechanisms to improve minority achievements in school, the GOP will be in BIG trouble :mjlit:

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
I looked into him back in July, and I've been getting a bit of an "empty suit" vibe. Sure he has those accolades, but when he talks about them he sounds like a college applicant who has spent the last 4 years checking off all the boxes for the sole purpose of getting into his #1 college. To make the obvious comparison, The Other Wes Moore is nothing like Dreams From My Father, not in the same league in terms of depth of thought and expression of values. Ironically, it would be easy for me to imagine the author of The Other Wes Moore having an Obama-type presidency, whereas I hoped for much more from the Barack Obama who had impressed me so much before he became just another establishment centrist. By the time that Moore is ready to run for president, I hope we have someone more revolutionary in the pipeline rather than just another status quo warrior.

Needs to be pointed that Moore is heavily influenced by the military. He credits military school with defining his life for him, he writes about Colin Powell's memoir as if it were The Autobiography of Malcolm X, all of his early role models were military officers, and he served as an officer himself for eight years including a brief stint in Afghanistan (though he seems to have spent nearly all of the rest of his military time either attending college or doing political internships). I haven't seen any evidence that his feelings about the military have changed at all since he wrote about it in such glowing terms in 2010. So if we want a president who views the US military as the crowinng achievement of American society, he's the guy.
That is exactly what his story is. HE is being set up to be the next black president if he can avoid scandals, but there is no there, there. An absolute husk of a person. I am not a fan of his at all because I can see it ocming.

mr heyzel

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore Md
Yup he’s the ONE the Democratic party is grooming for that 2032 run.

If he improves business relations/ get Baltimore somewhat in check and create mechanisms to improve minority achievements in school, the GOP will be in BIG trouble :mjlit:

That’s the plan brother he and Brandon Scott are the ones that’s being groomed for the new Baltimore renaissance but the thing about that with all this gentrification going on they will be appeasing the white folks of the city because pretty soon Baltimore is going to be under 60% black come next census and they need to have black faces for this plan and Wes and Brandon are it

Last edited:

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Nobody is being set up for shyt :mjlol: I'm not sure how after Obama (random Senator from Illinois that nobody expected), Clinton (epic L), and Biden (only there to be the safest choice against Trump) anybody would think the Democratic establishment is even competent enough to plan anything out :mjlol:

They don't even know if Biden is going to run again.

Payday23

Superstar
Daps
Yo look at this brazen piece of shyt. :russ:

Like a driver making a screeching U-turn, Don Bolduc, the Republican Senate nominee in New Hampshire, pivoted Thursday from his primary race to the general election, saying he had “come to the conclusion” that the 2020 presidential election “was not stolen,” after he had spent more than a year claiming it was.

“I’ve done a lot of research on this, and I’ve spent the past couple weeks talking to Granite Staters all over the state from every party, and I have come to the conclusion — and I want to be definitive on this — the election was not stolen,” Bolduc said in an interview on Fox News.

“Elections have consequences, and, unfortunately, President Biden is the legitimate president of this country,” he said.

Bolduc won his primary Tuesday over a more moderate candidate, Chuck Morse, the president of the New Hampshire Senate. Bolduc ran on an uncompromising right-wing platform, complete with declarations that former President Donald Trump had won the 2020 election.

But now he faces a tough general election campaign against Sen. Maggie Hassan, a Democrat. She is vulnerable in November — but, Republicans worry, less vulnerable against Bolduc than she would have been against Morse.

Hassan’s campaign responded quickly to Bolduc’s reversal, sharing a series of videos and quotes of the many times Bolduc had promoted the lie that the 2020 election was stolen.

“Don Bolduc is desperately trying to run from years of spreading the Big Lie, but he can’t hide from the video receipts,” her campaign said in a statement.

Bolduc, a retired Army general, had claimed repeatedly for more than a year that the election was stolen.

Among other instances, in May 2021, he signed an open letter in which retired generals and admirals advanced false claims that the election had been tainted. “The FBI and Supreme Court must act swiftly when election irregularities are surfaced and not ignore them as was done in 2020,” it said.

In a debate with his Republican primary opponents last month, he referred back to that letter and declared, to applause, that he would not budge from his position.

“I signed a letter with 120 other generals and admirals saying that Trump won the election, and, damn it, I stand by my letter,” he said. “I’m not switching horses, baby. This is it.”

Switching horses Thursday, he said in the Fox News interview, “We, you know, live and learn, right?”

How stupid a voter would you have to be for this to work on you? :dahell:
For most people only matters the letter next to their name.

88m3

Fast Money & Foreign Objects
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn