2022 Midterm Elections: NO RED WAVE! - GOP Takes U.S. House; Dems Keep U.S. Senate

AquaCityBoy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Still a losing position. They first said it was a state decision. Now it's x amount of weeks tomorrow it will be something else.
This is a hail Mary

Exactly. Are Republicans the "party of life" or not? Does "life begin at conception" or not? Are they for "states' rights" or not?

And McConnell won't commit to bring this to a vote should the GOP retake the Senate:

Lindsey Graham is an idiot. This is already a deeply unpopular issue that Republicans are on the wrong side of and he wants the Senate to take a vote on it on the national stage. :mjlol:

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
If you ask these dudes how they behave on first dates then they can't understand how their bombastic positions and slogans equally don't equate to real world success or tactics and strategy.
For me, it's just a mixture of them spending years complaining about poor messaging from dems, then attempting to double down on poor messaging.

When you have to preface your arguments with, it's going to take a lot of reading, or academics feel, then you're starting in a losing position.

You shouldn't on one hand reject incrementalism as bad and then suggest that people will come around if we keep forcing the term.

You shouldn't need folks to read a white paper to explain why prison reform is needed and what you plan to do with criminals if you enact your reforms.

Adeptus Astartes

Loyal servant of the God-Brehmperor
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Imperium of Man
This is a big problem with this forum. Thinking about solutions to our problems are sidetracked for how things impact elections.
Because that's what matters. Get the votes FIRST, then address the meat and potatoes from a position of power.

When you have no power, and your messaging drives away voters, the scholarship is pointless.

Someone mentioned legal weed. Legal weed happened because the messaging got better. It stopped being about burnouts wanting to get stoned out of their gourds. It became about the disabled and ill getting access to their medicine. Once that hurdle was cleared, getting "personal liberty" to smoke was much easier.

"Defund and abolish the Police" is terrible messaging. How many more Ls do leftists need?

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
Because that's what matters. Get the votes FIRST, then address the meat and potatoes from a position of power.

When you have no power, and your messaging drives away voters, the scholarship is pointless.

Someone mentioned legal weed. Legal weed happened because the messaging got better. It stopped being about burnouts wanting to get stoned out of their gourds. It became about the disabled and ill getting access to their medicine. Once that hurdle was cleared, getting "personal liberty" to smoke was much easier.

"Defund and abolish the Police" is terrible messaging. How many more Ls do leftists need?
You are making my and @storyteller 's point by mentioning marijuana legalization. That's been a 50+ year movement that is now seeing changes. You've got to normalize the thinking and keep it in peoples minds. THat doesn't come with political messaging, that comes with getting the words out there and having people read up on it.

Your current politicians are status quo humpers and don't want change unless people force it.

And then on the other side, money influences things which are why there has been a counter-revolution from the wealthy to bring it back to the gilded age, which has happened the last 50 years in this country.

All defund the police and abolution of prison are is slogans that will inspire people to think differently. It's not a, "it happens tomorrow" thing, but over time.

Adeptus Astartes

Loyal servant of the God-Brehmperor
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Imperium of Man
You are making my and @storyteller 's point by mentioning marijuana legalization. That's been a 50+ year movement that is now seeing changes. You've got to normalize the thinking and keep it in peoples minds. THat doesn't come with political messaging, that comes with getting the words out there and having people read up on it.

Your current politicians are status quo humpers and don't want change unless people force it.

And then on the other side, money influences things which are why there has been a counter-revolution from the wealthy to bring it back to the gilded age, which has happened the last 50 years in this country.

All defund the police and abolution of prison are is slogans that will inspire people to think differently. It's not a, "it happens tomorrow" thing, but over time.
:dahell: you normalize things with good messaging. Pro weed orgs did that. Messaging moved from smelly hippies in the street to doctors and cancer patients. Stop acting like that made no difference in public opinion. Defund the police turns people off police reform, just like smelly hippies did marijuana legalization.

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
For me, it's just a mixture of them spending years complaining about poor messaging from dems, then attempting to double down on poor messaging.

When you have to preface your arguments with, it's going to take a lot of reading, or academics feel, then you're starting in a losing position.

You shouldn't on one hand reject incrementalism as bad and then suggest that people will come around if we keep forcing the term.

You shouldn't need folks to read a white paper to explain why prison reform is needed and what you plan to do with criminals if you enact your reforms.
My biggest problem with the bernie camp was them just blowing up the fragility of the left to actually get engaged with shyt. They got all these revolutionaries who aren't even making plans, but merely calling shyt out with NO plan for how to even get people to go to a goddamn city council meeting.

If I hear the word "organize" one. more. fukking. time :snoop:

These are the same people bytching about PMC or whatever then just engaging in their own form of it...and its worse because I literally understand what they're saying but they van't be told they're wrong about shyt. And I'm a black democrat who is USED to having to subvert my own interests and negotiate my own preferences for the greater good. These too-good-to-be-democrat wannabe tankie revolutionaries aint never done shyt, can't win elections, or move polling in any positive direction swear they got all the answers.

They spent all this time chasing disaffected white workers who still wont vote for them just to ignore just listening to black democrats thread this needle.

I'm just so annoyed with all of this shyt.

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State

"Is there a such thing as a bad slogan? who knows :troll:"

Subversive politics > confrontational politics.

Look at how republicans won the courts. slowly. methodically. incrementally.

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
midterm prediction; senate stays 50/50, republicans take a 7/8 seat advantage in the house

and im not looking forward to that republican house :snoop: its gonna be the fukkin marjorie taylor greene show. hunter biden should leave the country

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
:dahell: you normalize things with good messaging. Pro weed orgs did that. Messaging moved from smelly hippies in the street to doctors and cancer patients. Stop acting like that made no difference in public opinion. Defund the police turns people off police reform, just like smelly hippies did marijuana legalization.
When have I said you don't change things with good messaging? :dahell:

I said its a long movement. It don't happen overnight due to one great person. The legalize marijuana movement started in the early 70s. There is a lot of push and pull in these movements.

Changing criminal justice in this nation won't happen in an election cycle, but I feel many of you brehs think that's how this works.

The other thing is these are activists saying something. Activists are not politicians.

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
Right.

Look at the opioid reform movement. Same shyt. Went from Chinese opium den dwellers to little Johnny and sue being ravaged by big bad Pharma.

Same reason Warnock had to walk around with a fake puppy to win an election.

nikkas wanna discuss marketing without engaging in it.

Yall got it though. Thats why I mock half the shyt yall doing.

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
When have I said you don't change things with good messaging? :dahell:

I said its a long movement. It don't happen overnight due to one great person. The legalize marijuana movement started in the early 70s. There is a lot of push and pull in these movements.

Changing criminal justice in this nation won't happen in an election cycle, but I feel many of you brehs think that's how this works.

The other thing is these are activists saying something. Activists are not politicians.

Why do you know who Rosa Parks is and not Claudette Colvin?

Even activists understand STRATEGY.

I don't respect ALL voices on ALL topics. Nor should you.