2022 Midterm Elections: NO RED WAVE! - GOP Takes U.S. House; Dems Keep U.S. Senate

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
I'll play devil's advocate and say that you could lamentate her loss if the person she lost to is worse than her :ehh:
Liz and the person she lost to only disagree on Trump.

She been doing fascism start up thing too, just slower.
:yeshrug: I’m still batting 90%
No you’re not, and you are the liberal said didn’t exist. :russ:

Piff Huxtable

Delaney 2020,2024,2028...
Daps
She won her primary against a trump backed opponent
Do you know how the new voting system in Alaska works? Top 4 in the jungle primary go to the general election (like in Cali but with 4 instead of 2). If no one gets 50+% in November, then ranked choice voting comes into play until one candidate finally cracks 50%.

I be fukking with Murkowski ever since she pulled a Lieberman on some Tea Party idiot in 2010

BigMoneyGrip

I'm Lamont's pops
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Straight from Flatbush
Do you know how the new voting system in Alaska works? Top 4 in the jungle primary go to the general election (like in Cali but with 4 instead of 2). If no one gets 50+% in November, then ranked choice voting comes into play until one candidate finally cracks 50%.

I be fukking with Murkowski ever since she pulled a Lieberman on some Tea Party idiot in 2010
It said she moved on in the primary

Piff Huxtable

Delaney 2020,2024,2028...
Daps
It said she moved on in the primary
sure

but she didn't really "win" the primary against her Trump backed opponent since both will finish in the Top 4

speaking of Alaska:
I hope Palin loses the Special Election. I wouldn't even care if she then wins 3 months later. I hate that bytch and her Alaskan trailerpark trash family :pacspit:

Reflected

Living in fear in the year of the tiger.
Daps
I don't remember who it was, and I don't want to be petty, but dude was suggesting Cheney could be the fallback plan for the Republican nominee once they oust Trump, I was like bruh, she isn't even getting out of the primary, and here we are.

But hey, big money to be made once she gets added, apparently she is considering it:

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
I don't remember who it was, and I don't want to be petty, but dude was suggesting Cheney could be the fallback plan for the Republican nominee once they oust Trump, I was like bruh, she isn't even getting out of the primary, and here we are.

But hey, big money to be made once she gets added, apparently she is considering it:

If she ran a third-party campaign in 2024 and advertized solely in Republican markets just to fukk over Trump or the pro-Trump nominee. :lolbron:

Red Shield

Global Domination
Daps
Reppin
.0001%
I wonder how her father feels. Thrown away by the looney people of their party. He was VP 15 years ago. A LOT has changed since then.

Has it really?

I would say what we're seeing was always there.

The sane members of the GOP rode the tiger and were able to keep it under control by feeding it tiny pieces of meat. Pieces that kept getting larger until some outsidercame and decided to just give it a very large piece.

Not surprised these folk are getting thrown out or made to bend the knee at this point

Reflected

Living in fear in the year of the tiger.
Daps
Has it really?

I would say what we're seeing was always there.

The sane members of the GOP rode the tiger and were able to keep it under control by feeding it tiny pieces of meat. Pieces that kept getting larger until some outsidercame and decided to just give it a very large piece.

Not surprised these folk are getting thrown out or made to bend the knee at this point
I see what you mean, and there could be an effort post on this alone, but in short, I would say the Republican party, minus the pure MAGA legislators, would do away with Trump if they could do so without hurting their election chances. They probably prided themselves as being seen as the party of "reason" and "civility", that is completely out the window at this point.

But I think the general idea of your post is valid, and if I had to guess, beyond those that just play the game to maintain their seat and power, I would say the Trump presidency simply shined a light on truth of the party. They will publicly denounce people like Steve King and Trump when they can, because they remove all doubt, but they likely aren't too far off in agreement. Their voting records should suffice for evidence of their opinions, even if they make it a point to oppose Democrats at every turn.