2022 Midterm Elections: NO RED WAVE! - GOP Takes U.S. House; Dems Keep U.S. Senate

Worthless Loser

Blackpilled
Daps
GOP voters will always fall in line, breh.

That's why these strategic plays where Dems are trying to boost crazy right-wingers is risky as fukk.
I agree that Dems strategy is risky and can blow up in their face. In terms of Arizona, GOP lost those Senate seats and the 2020 Presidential election because Arizona GOP voters thought Trump was just too much.

I can see another scenario like that with Kari Lake.

ADevilYouKhow

Rhyme Reason
Daps
Reppin
got a call for three nines

BigMoneyGrip

I'm Lamont's pops
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Straight from Flatbush
Not wanting to count the chickens before they hatch but did the Republicans score an own goal with the Roe vs Wade ruling? They were going to win big come November.
They were but now their not… notice you don’t see Mitch and establishment repugs promoting that scotus decision they know they don’t fukked their chances of taking back the house

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Not sure where to put this and didn't want to make a thread for it, but the GOP lost a seat today.

squidward-sunglass.jpg

AquaCityBoy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Anew Monmouth University poll is the latest national survey to show Democrats performing better on the generic ballot, despite President Joe Biden’s job rating remaining below 40%.

In this poll, 50% of Americans say they prefer Democrats controlling Congress, versus 43% preferring Republican being in charge. That 7-point Democratic advantage is up from June when the parties were even (47%-47%), as well as from May when the GOP had a 4-point edge on this question. (48%-44%).

That’s a net 11-point swing over the course of the summer (from R+4 to D+7).

Monmouth University
Monmouth University
Yet the Monmouth poll — conducted July 28-Aug. 1, of 808 adults, with an overall margin of error of plus-minus 3.5 percentage points — also shows Biden’s job rating at 38% approve, 56% disapprove.

That’s essentially unchanged from Biden’s 36% approve, 58% disapprove rating from June.

Monmouth’s poll is just the latest national survey to show Democrats improving on the generic ballot at the same time as Biden’s job rating remains underwater.

Last week, a USA Today/Suffolk poll had Biden’s approval rating at 39% among registered voters, but also with Democrats leading on the poll’s generic ballot by 4 points, 44%-40% -- up from a 40%-40% tie a month ago.

Also last week, an Atlanta Journal-Constitution poll showed Sen. Raphael Warnock, D-Ga., leading GOP challenger Herschel Walker by 3 points (46%-43%), but with Biden’s job rating in the battleground state at just 36%.

And they all raise this question ahead of the midterm elections that are just three months away: Do the generic ballot numbers eventually come back down to earth for Democrats, aligning with Biden’s job rating and the overall fundamentals of a midterm environment (which are traditionally a referendum on the sitting president)?

Or does this split between perceptions of Biden and desire for control of Congress continue to exist?

Things have been looking up for the Democrats the last several weeks, but I'm still not getting my hopes up. They'll find a way to fukk up this momentum by November. :francis:

BigMoneyGrip

I'm Lamont's pops
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Straight from Flatbush

Things have been looking up for the Democrats the last several weeks, but I'm still not getting my hopes up. They'll find a way to fukk up this momentum by November. :francis:
Bro Dems would fukk up the momentum and they will gonna win come mid terms… You really underestimating that scotus decision to overturn Roe v Wade… Hoes out here are furious… If Kansas isn’t an indication of what’s to come I don’t know what to tell ya lol

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
If democrats had a 20 seat lead I'd say I think they can hold. But republicans only need to win a bare minimum of seats to take the House. 15-20 will do the job and that's inevitable.

However I think dems prob keep the senate and expand their lead. And more importantly I think dems sweep the important governor races.

Hood Critic

The Power Circle
Daps
Reppin
דעת

ADevilYouKhow

Rhyme Reason
Daps
Reppin
got a call for three nines

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
If democrats had a 20 seat lead I'd say I think they can hold. But republicans only need to win a bare minimum of seats to take the House. 15-20 will do the job and that's inevitable.

However I think dems prob keep the senate and expand their lead. And more importantly I think dems sweep the important governor races.
Republicans are, at this moment, blowing a 30 point lead