2022 Midterm Elections: NO RED WAVE! - GOP Takes U.S. House; Dems Keep U.S. Senate

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
So tell me how advocating for more oil production is going to change the sentiment if that's not the underlying problem?

because gas prices are through the fukkin roof, and this is biden's proud position, which he now has to defend. no one wants to hear these clowns talking about electric cars right now

if you enjoy losing massively on this issue, then stay the current course, i guess :dead:im trying to somewhat mitigate that. the democrats, as far as i can tell, are not

greenvale

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Delaware

because gas prices are through the fukkin roof, and this is biden's proud position, which he now has to defend. no one wants to hear these clowns talking about electric cars right now

if you enjoy losing massively on this issue, then stay the current course, i guess :dead:im trying to somewhat mitigate that. the democrats, as far as i can tell, are not

None of this changes the fact that drilling more won’t lower prices.

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
The rebuttal is a plain acknowledgement that you think passing bills upwards that are DOA while clamoring about the same roadblocks indefinitely is something kind of commendable goal.

Even if you think that's the case and that the theme of spinning wheels is adequate, you have to understand that it is not a new occurrence in congress. That it is also congress' job to function as a whole not in vacuums especially when they appreciate a majority. And that such an accepting perspective of it from a voter standpoint has become more of an outlier as time has gone on.

With bigger, much more pressing issues on the horizon - a congress that can't even work with itself is obviously not going to inspire confidence/high turnout. And that's before even getting to regional turmoil.

To remind you, this is all because I responded to a post along the lines of "Polls were bad in 2018 and 2020 too". If anything, the theme back then was wasted momentum and if the Blue Wave was coordinated as well as it should've been, then the squeeze on seats wouldn't even exist right now. Either way, its far easier to campaign against Trump and a plague than your own shortcomings. That's not some stretch or wild statement either.
Congressional polling is always bad.

The point of contention here is that you can't accept that passing bills to be sent to the upper chamber is the primary job of house reps.

Therefore I'm not about to throw a tantrum because they're doing there job and the upper chamber is not.

It's that simple. No need for all these words salad.

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
He made up the polls were bad in 2018 portion. We had that lunatic Napoleon typing blue wave every five or six posts back then. He likes to lie and be disingenous.
You ain't got to lie to kick it.

lwcfc_4pj0-xfy4_s9xkpg.png

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
Congressional polling is always bad.

The point of contention here is that you can't accept that passing bills to be sent to the upper chamber is the primary job of house reps.

Therefore I'm not about to throw a tantrum because they're doing there job and the upper chamber is not.

It's that simple. No need for all these words salad.
Polling is always bad huh....

Yeah, you don't really need to go any further. Nobody is asking you to 'throw a tantrum' either lol

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
if dudes really wanna just give up on gas and inflation and shyt, the dems should just spend the next 4 months mocking and shytting on donald trump

constantly ask the RNC and mccarthy if trump lost the election. mock trump as a loser, who wasnt man enough to concede. mock republicans for having to grovel at trumps feet to win a primary. talk about how republicans hate democracy

ive been calling the worst republicans' offices, and asking when theyll be admitting that trump lost the election. all i get is a ":huhldup: um, sir, i havent spoken to the congressman about that'. these people are fukking pathetic :mjlol:

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
You doing it again :mjlol:

We talking about 2018 and Dems are about to take back the house.

you: “cites poll that says Americans hate congress.”

Whats wrong with you, lol
Congressional approval has been on average 21% since 2005.

People support their own reps by about 46%.

McConnell has been one of the lowest ranked senators over the past decade and hasn't come close to losing an election.

All of this is to say that Americans generally don't like their reps and how well they poll isn't strongly correlated to their chances of retaining power.